TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

^I know there was some rumors saying it'd be 2018 now, but there's really nothing that shows it's been delayed with that whole area cleared already and the bridge gone. I'd probably still say 2017 with what was said in the original interview revealing the project.

Mandy's tweeted that there's no new ride next year but she has said that a new ride would interact with the new bridge over the the lake!

^I know there was some rumors saying it'd be 2018 now, but there's really nothing that shows it's been delayed with that whole area cleared already and the bridge gone. I'd probably still say 2017 with what was said in the original interview revealing the project.

Mandy's tweeted that there's no new ride next year but she has said that a new ride would interact with the new bridge over the the lake!

Nick said in the interview that construction work had begun and would take 18 months, that would mean the beginning of 2017 season.

And Amanda posted a tweet about how nice the weather was in Blackpool and that she didn't need to wear wellies and a Mack. Which I think wasn't a typo but a big hint as to who the manufacturer is.

• 2 months later...

So there's been a few updates since this thread was last looked at!

Firstly Amanda Thompson (park owner) took part in an Interview with a local paper which can be found here http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/amanda-we-have-an-amazing-story-to-tell-1-7876786

Quote from the article;

Amanda’s own plans include a multi-million pound new ride, although details are still under wraps, which will launch in 2018.

Also screamscape have had the below information...

According to the latest rumors sent to Screamscape, the project is a Mack made launched coaster that could feature two launch sections along the route, one needed to shoot the train up and over a large "top hat" element. Other rumored elements include inclined loops, interlocking corkscrews and high speed helix spins. More as we find out.

www.screamscape.com/html/blackpo ... _beach.htm

A few renderings and images of the ride can be found if you delve deep enough or ask the right people...

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody talks about this?

From screamscape: " The coaster will launch from the left side of the image to the right, towards The Big One where it looks like it will shoot up over the Top Hat element, up and over the lift hill of The Big One. On the other side it will drop down into an inclined loop, a "Banked Double-Up" and a series of twisted turns before it comes back and returns over (or through) The Big One in a Zero-G-Roll maneuver. From here it will hit the second launch right up and into an Immelman, more twists, turns, a high speed helix and an "airtime hump", "off axis airtime hill" and ending with a "high dive" before hitting the brakes."

I went to BPB the first time this past fall and I'm really excited about this edition for the park. I don't know when I'll get a chance to get back there to ride it, but it really looks like a great way to give new life to this part of the Park and I love the Mack launch coasters after riding both Helix and Blue Fire.

When I was visiting it felt like the park was definitely in transition from gritty and random to more cohesive and modern.

Yes, Amanda Thompson (head of blackpool) in an interview said "Amanda's own plans include a multi-million pound new ride, Although details are still under wraps, Which will launch in 2018."

According to the British investigators the drawing (Which i poster yesterday) corresponds to the marker points made this year on construction site

• 4 weeks later...
Reports that some kids broke in and operated Blue Flyer for half an hour in the middle of the night before being caught: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/teens-4am-joyride-on-blackpool-pleasure-beach-rollercoaster-1-7975556#ixzz4CHknq6AD

I'm surprising they got it working at all.

This is honestly a pretty unbelievable story.

It also highlights that BPB aren't locking down and shutting off at least some of their rides at night. The fact they were able to even switch it on is a little alarming.

I know Blue Flyer is a fairly low-tech ride, with it's manual braking system, but you would've hoped that the power and the lift controls were able to be locked off to prevent anything like this happening. If one of these kids had have been injured or even killed it would've been a very bad situation for BPB, regardless of whether or not the kid's should've been there or not.

• 1 month later...

Hello folks, first post on this forum. I am going to Blackpool soon and I am a bit of a coaster chicken. Can anyone recommend what to ride first, then work my way up to the more intense rides? If I get to them! Many thanks. Dro.

Hi and welcome!

If you dont mind being shaken about a bit, I think I would start with the two old woodies. Grand National and Big Dipper.

Be ready for a rough ride on both, but there are no inversions for you to worry about.

If you dont fancy those first, then start with one of the scenic rides like The River Caves or Wallace and Gromitt

Have a great day.

Do not go on the SLC, Infusion! For any reason! Not even for money!

The physical pain will stay with you for the rest of your visit.

Based on past experience.

Z01_OnridePic01.jpg.219304f4fb17fdfb3de2a7868830afae.jpg

2010 - Me and Miles hold onto our physical health, for dear life. I think I was lookingfor the

Emergency STOP THIS THING! Button.

• 1 month later...