TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

^Your welcome.

On a random Pleasure Beach note this was posted on their Facebook page recently.

Due to unforeseen circumstances Richard De Vere’s Beyond Belief show in the Horseshoe has been cancelled for the remainder of the 2013 season.

Richard De Vere has unfortunately broken his foot in several places and is therefore unable to perform in his show.

Richard would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to anyone wishing to see Beyond Belief.

God knows how long Richard De Vere has been doing his magic show at Blackpool. He has for as long as I can remember. I personally have never seen it but I have never heard any bad things about it. I wonder if they will make a show to replace this for the rest of the year.

-Craig

Saw it last year its great fun if a little cheesey Richard is very good but he's also helped by Marc a bog standard lounge singer with permatan

and then the chaos ensues when they bring out Schnorbitz the dog who destroys most of the audiences drink hunting for food and fuss

Went to the park yesterday. Was there with my 2 year old so a very different experience. Nick Land brightens the park up although most rides still beyond my boy. He seemed to like the Dora boat ride but the bouncing cars didn't go down so well.

Took him on Grand Prix. The despatches were shocking and its a long wait with a toddler. It killed my back once we were on it.

My one big kid ride was Infusion. Waited 2 trains and got front. Was very scared having heard horror stories about Vekoma inverts but it wasn't too bad. I still prefer B & M inverts but it was good to break my long coaster drought.

All in all I enjoyed it and I thought the park was looking well. Also pleased to see Wild Mouse running after rumours of its demise.

Saw it last year its great fun if a little cheesey Richard is very good but he's also helped by Marc a bog standard lounge singer with permatan

and then the chaos ensues when they bring out Schnorbitz the dog who destroys most of the audiences drink hunting for food and fuss

wtf

^ Isn't this the same crazy-awful show that was included in the 2010 TPR UK Trip?

It may have been the beer.....but I clearly remember Robb & Elissa sending us off to a lounge-singing/magician/animal show at Blackpool with a large woman (who may or may not have been a man) hitting on Josh and the rest of us nervous about who/what may happen next.

^ Isn't this the same crazy-awful show that was included in the 2010 TPR UK Trip?

It may have been the beer.....but I clearly remember Robb & Elissa sending us off to a lounge-singing/magician/animal show at Blackpool with a large woman (who may or may not have been a man) hitting on Josh and the rest of us nervous about who/what may happen next.

That show was seriously the highlight of the UK tour.

• 1 year later...

As we haven't heard much about Pleasure Beach recently I thought to coincide with my trip in 2 weeks it would be nice to give a bit of a round up of whats been happening at Blackpool Pleasure Beach this year.

While there was no new attraction this year to follow Wallace and Grommit's Thrill-o-Matic from last year the parks oldest operating ride, Sir Hiram Maxim Captive Flying Machines celebrated its 110th birthday this year on August 12th.

Here is what the park had to say about the occasion in their blog

Despite having existed for over a century, to date it’s still fully functioning and may we add, it’s fit as a fiddle.

The Sir Hiram Maxim Captive Flying Machines opened to the public in August 1904 and have remained a firm favourite at the UK’s Best Amusement Park* ever since.

To celebrate the milestone we’ll be mixing the old with the new when we welcome Eurofighter Typhoon test pilot, Nat Makepeace, to take a seat on one of the famous planes, along with Deputy Managing Director, Nick Thompson.

In the 110 years the ride has been operational, over 20 million guests have stepped aboard the Flyers to experience the iconic ride which gives stunning views of the amusement park during its four-minute “flight”.

Are you one of the 20 million or are you yet to come on board?

Personally I have always enjoyed this classic ride even though it can get extraordinarily cold on the ride. It did also create one of my favourite videos from the 2010 TPR UK Trip!

Also the park will soon be getting ready for their one night only Halloween event! Can you guess what night it will be?

Can you commit to an evening of eeriness?

Which part of this experience will leave you goosebumped, spine-tingled and fearfully frightened, it’s time to test out every terror and find out.

Ghastly screams and fright night thrills await you at Vampire Pleasure Beach this Halloween.

Vampire Pleasure Beach is back and allowing you entry at your own risk. Loop, drop, glide and give yourself an adrenaline rush that will leave you mind-boggled yet mysteriously craving more.

In costume? You’ll be receiving a free blood-red cocktail upon arrival, just enough to kick start your character.

Take on white-knuckle rides like the Big One, the UK’s tallest roller coaster, or have their senses spinned on Infusion and explore the fiery fantasy landscape of the Vikings in one of the world’s biggest dark rides, Valhalla. For the little monsters there are the thrills and spills of 12 amazing rides in Nickelodeon Land to enjoy – but you still won’t escape the zombies.

Peer into what will be a special Horror Maze, hosting frightening figures lurking in the depths ready to…stun you into shock.

Characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and their pals will be on hand to make sure the frights are kept away for the family, while there will be tricks and treats for all youngsters in fancy dress down at the Nick Shop.

Fire-eaters and stilt-walkers will be roaming the attraction as live music floods the park from down at our brand new Fright Night Stage located opposite Thrill-O-Matic. The events line-up is set to be released in the later part of the month.

There’s also a triple treat in store with a Pleasure Beach wristband, a ticket to the horrors of Pasaje del Terror and a seat at The Circus of Horrors at The Globe on October 31st for just £35 when booked online in advance at http://www.vampirepleasurebeach.com

coreposter1.jpg.22c75489d82655c6e48048ec5dd472d3.jpg

This I believe is the first year they have introduced a "horror maze" to the park. As to what that actually will be exactly I have no idea but we will see soon enough I'm sure.

No official word yet on if there will be anything new for next year but rumours are running about of a new flat ride to be placed where Bling used to be but we will see soon enough I'm sure.

Edit: Also today it was announced that Pleasure Beach have renewed their contract with PicSolve after having their first installation by the company 20 years ago!

Currently exhibiting at EAS Amsterdam, Picsolve are pleased to report one of the show’s key highlights – the official signing of the Blackpool Pleasure Beach contract. The renewal sees Picsolve committing to bringing innovative technical solutions to rides, including The Big One at the UK’s number one theme park.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach renews longstanding Picsolve contract

Blackpool Pleasure Beach was Picsolve’s first ever installation 20 years ago and this further solidifies the strong partnership between the two brands. The new contract will focus on putting guest satisfaction first and Picsolve staff will continue to be integrated into the Pleasure Beach team where they will work seamlessly to meet customer demands.

With Blackpool Pleasure Beach recently being voted TripAdvisor’s number one UK theme park, the focus on offering the ‘connected guest’ the latest in digital access was crucial to the contract. Picsolve will therefore be giving Pleasure Beach’s guests access to an app specifically designed to allow instant access to ride images, which can then be immediately uploaded to social media.

Darren Mills, Picsolve’s Head of Business Development, UK and Northern Ireland, commented: “With the longstanding heritage between the two brands it was important to us to find ways of updating our offering with the park and maintain our strong relationship. Guest satisfaction was at the heart of our proposal and after several years of commitment towards finding solutions that work in a digital age too, it was great for us to be able to offer the app as part of the package.”

Amanda Thompson, OBE, Managing Director of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, commented on the renewal: "Renewing our contract with Picsolve signifies the strong relationship we have maintained since they installed the first photo solution at Blackpool Pleasure Beach 20 years ago. During this time Picsolve has constantly evolved, offering imaginative and innovative ideas that in turn help us to stay ahead of consumer demand and, quite simply, keep them happy.

“With increased focus on social media and consumption of content through mobile devices, providing guests with immediate access to high quality images is vital to help us ensure they take home long lasting happy memories. We are looking forward to working with Picsolve for the foreseeable future to deliver great images within this evolving landscape."

I have to say I didn't know Picsolve did their first EVER installation of a photo solution at Blackpool but its amazing to think how far they have come from then. Im glad the park have renewed with Picsolve as my personal view is that they provide the best on-ride photos of anyone and its great to see a partnership like this continuing strong after 20 years.

-Craig

• 3 weeks later...

If the park is going to get a new coaster it doesn't need to be anything huge like a B&M they could easily install something like an Intamin ZacSpin which could draw a good increase in attendance for them if advertised correctly.

Having been at Pleasure Beach last weekend work was being done on the old Bling site so I would hazard a guess that this is the logical place to put the rumoured Air Race.

-Craig