TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Looks like it opens on the 1st July!

Seven and a half weeks. Then we can first take a ride in Baron 1898 Efteling's newest attraction. The spectacular vrijevalachtbaan is currently scheduled to open on Wednesday, July 1st, 2015, report different sources Looopings.

That is exactly five years after George and the Dragon wooden coaster was inaugurated. In the days given for the official opening Efteling staff, journalists, guests and award winners a foretaste of the Baron. Efteling has the exact opening date of the dive coaster always kept secret until now. Did mention a poster on a German tourism fair in March 1898 already that Baron would be open "from July 2015" . "We naturally strive for an opening in the early summer" , responded a spokeswoman at the time. The next few weeks are used for making test runs, the adjustment of the track and the programming of the show effects in the station building. They want at all costs to prevent the attraction is not yet completely finished as the first visitors step inside. The first ride took place last Friday. Also this weekend there is plenty tested. Many workers do not celebrate Mother's Day, even on Sundays the train flew several times through the course.

Loopings

Nope, actually here it's likely to be the opposite. Dive machine do their first test run without the stop at the top. Once it will be activated, it will be atad slower. A tad, tough, not that much, but it's unlikely to be faster then.

If my memory was right I remember watching Oblivion tbh test video had it really crawling through that heartline at the end but in later videos made a easy roll through it. But I have to rewatch the videos to make sure.

It does look like the pacing is better than oblivion but we'll have to wait to be sure.

Oblivion really isn't a ride that the pace of the train effects much as its so short. That ride is more about the atmosphere and suspense created by the drop into "Oblivion" not all the elements or over all layout.

So this video showed up with the ride actually hanging a few seconds for dropping. After that it's still pretty much runs all the way through the end of the ride instead of having those crawling moments like the other Dives. I must say I'm very much impressed with the pacing so far let's just hope it doesn't end up slower near openings day.

^ I think that in the pacing comparison the Oblivion dive coaster in Gardaland was meant (which has a layout comparable to that of Baron 1898), not Oblivion in Alton Towers (which is much shorter indeed).

Yes I was talking about the new oblivion.

^Nice to see it still runs great even with the holding brake on.

^ I think that in the pacing comparison the Oblivion dive coaster in Gardaland was meant (which has a layout comparable to that of Baron 1898), not Oblivion in Alton Towers (which is much shorter indeed).

I forgot the "new" Oblivion even existed! Haha

Happy Valley Shanghai's Dive Coaster's holding brake was not working for one season. The train goes straight down just like Baron does in the videos and people said the first drop was very intense back then.

It'd be cool if the two loading stations offer different ride programs, front station with holding brake and rear station without holding brake .

Happy Valley Shanghai's Dive Coaster's holding brake was not working for one season. The train goes straight down just like Baron does in the videos and people said the first drop was very intense back then.

It'd be cool if the two loading stations offer different ride programs, front station with holding brake and rear station without holding brake .

Hold on. I kind of missed the 2-station thing. I thought that Baron would run 3 trains just like the new Oblivion at Gardaland does. So, how is this going to go? Two trains will load at the same time and will go up the lift hill while the second train watches a preshow waiting for the previous train to clear the block ahead?

Hold on. I kind of missed the 2-station thing. I thought that Baron would run 3 trains just like the new Oblivion at Gardaland does. So, how is this going to go? Two trains will load at the same time and will go up the lift hill while the second train watches a preshow waiting for the previous train to clear the block ahead?

There is as far we all now and have seen only one station. the 2 station one was a rumour.

As totally awesome as the theming is, it looks to be a very mediocre ride, sadly.

That's okay, methinks. The coaster is only a part of the immersive themed experience, and the experience is what the park is selling.

From the videos it looks a lot better than I expected and seems to go through the whole course at a decent tempo and looks like one of the better small Dive Machines. Amazing photos thanks Oblivion100! It looks really beautiful.

Seeing it today in action myself I have zero fear this ride will leave me hanging. Just that speed with empty trains sold me, very much looking forward to openings day, Official announcement can't be to far away now.