TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Discovery Channel Needs YOUR help!

Hi Discovery Channel!

1. Expedition Everest - It might not be the tallest or fastest, but with Disney behind it, I have no doubt that it will be one of the best!

2. Whatever Six Flags Great Adventures is building - If the rumors hold true and we're seeing one of the biggest wooden coasters in the world being built by Intamin, this is going to be amazing!

3. Superman at Warner Bros. Movie World - Australia hasn't gotten much lately but they're making up for it with this new coaster. It's themed, intense, and gorgeous looking!

Hope this helps!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I live in Japan, the coaster install I'm anticipating the most is the suspected 4D coaster at Fuji-Q. As I haven't been to Magic Mountain since 1999, I haven't gotten the chance to ride the prototype, X. Since this isn't the first of the type, all the bugs from X should be worked out, and this should be a great ride.

Back stateside, the coasters I'm watching construction closely are the B&M installation at Magic Mountain, The Voyage at Holiday Park and Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

If the B&M turns out to be the flyer that most people seem to think it will be, it should be the first of that style to truly provide a birdlike experience, darting through trees, racing along the ground, and it should probably be very acrobatic. I really can't wait to know more about this ride, it will probably be the one to make me want to go back to California.

The Voyage seems to be the most interesting wood installation of the year. Huge, lots of negative G's and with Holiday World's history of great wooden coasters, this should be this year's Thunderhead, but less of a surprise to afficianadoes than that intallation turned out to be.

Expedition Everest is the most expensive ride installation ever by any company and it is by a company known for immersive ride experiences. (Disney, not Vekoma) This is the ride that will make Animal Kingdom a destination, not just a side trip in Walt Disney World.

I would bet that there will be some nice surprises as well, and I can't wait to see what they are!

Chris B

I know this isn't a record breaker or anything but it is a new type of coaster and will be opening in Orlando Florida next year. Has anyone heard of the unicoaster (www.unicoaster.com)? I saw a story about it on the news a few weeks ago and will be the first of its kind. It will be located next to Old Town in the same park as the 300 ft. tall SkyCoaster. One neat part about the ride is you control how intense the ride is. While riding if you hold a button down it allows you to spin around upside down or for a smoother ride just let it go.

I am also looking foreward to Expedition Everest at Disney next year. I go to the park every few weeks to see how construction is going.

The Voyage at Holiday World: This looks amazing, it has the speed,drops,90 degree corners, banked turns, a Triple down and lots of "Airtime". I would travel to this park from the UK, just to go on this ride next year.

Project "Stealth" at Thorpe Park will be a run-of -the-mill rocket coaster. I will never go on this as I hate going vertical up and down.

Black Mamba - This looks another world beater from B&M.

Heres My TOP 3.

1. Six Flags Great Adventure - New Wooden Coaster

I really think this will be a great coaster. Since its the first Intamin Pre-fabricated track woodie, it will be exciting to see the construction. From the reputations of Balder and Colossos, it should be a winner!

2. Disney's Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

This should be a really fun coaster. Even if its not that "thrilling" and more for families, the theming and storyline should really make up for it. I've always enjoyed Disney's rides.

3. Six Flags Magic Mountain - Suspected B&M Flyer

I hope this will be a great coaster. The only B&M flyers in the U.S. are the Superman: Ultimate Flights and they are really fun but after the pretzel loop, it kind of looses its intensity. I hope this will have a custom layout with really fun elements.

Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom definately. Isnt it the most expensive roller coaster ever made?

Speed monster, Stealth at Thorpe, Goliath at Six Flags over georgia, The Voyage at Holiday world, Black MAMba at Phantasialand rumoured to be "The next nemesis" which is awesome, as Nemmy is awesome.

I think it's really interesting to read through this list so far, and hear people pitch their favorite coasters. Not only can Discovery Channel learn from this, but I think some theme park companies could learn a lot as well. Especially when a bunch of the rides people are most excited about are not tallest/fastest/loopiest, just the most FUN looking.

Oh boy were famous! Humm my most anticipated for 2006 would have to be:

Expidition Everest: I am really looking forward to this coaster that has been under construction for a long time now. Its really shaping up to be a exciting looking ride.

The Voyage: Its a Gravity Group woodie. Nuff said...

Superman: Yeah rockit coasters are one of my favorite types of coasters and Its just cool to see one that looks like Intamin knew what they were doing.

Goliath: Although it looks like a pretty simple and bland layout, it will have alot of airtime and hopefully high G-Forces.

Stealth: Yeah like I said, I love rockit coasters.

Thats all I have for right now, but if I remember any Ill post em.

Colin C

The Voyage at Holiday World is a definate on my list for next year. The reason why is simply because Holiday World already has two world class wood coasters, so the buzz about how they are going to top their very own is very interesting....VERY lol.

Also Italian Job Stunt Track at Kings Dominion, simply because even though it's already been done before, maybe only 5% of Kings Dominion visitors will even know there are others. For Kings Dominion it's going to go nicely with their other coasters and a great follow up to their Tomb Raider: Firefall. I also believe that this will be the most heavely themed of the new coasters making their debut next year.

Great Adventure being my home park, I am definitely the most excited about their new wooden coaster. I absolutely cannot wait for the announcement of the coaster to see exactly what we are getting. Since parts are already arriving at the park and it is known to be an Intamin pre fabricated wooden roller coaster, it should undoubtably be a top 10 wooden if not a top 5. Intamin have proven their design and capability in designing wooden coasters with Balder and Colossos and this should be no different. Speculation puts the coaster at a crossroads between Colossos and Balder in terms of their elements but it is simply that, speculation. Until the announcement we really have no clue what it could be.

Deff. SFGADV's woodie. You can't go wrong with Intamin woodies look at Collossus and Balder! This woodie is rumored to be the tallest and fastest woodie in the world. And it won't be rough at all because Collossus and Balder are both smooth.

My 2nd pick would be The Patriot.. it looks intense and it would be cool if it turned out that way because it would prove B&M still makes intense coasters.

The Voyage... There is nothing that can compare in my mind... I mean seriously it is the biggest wooden coaster built for years and it is being built in one of the most friendly parks in the nation. I really want to go next year...

But seriously how could someone not be excited about it? I mean nearly 30 seconds of airtime... Thats some serious time out of your seat.

If you want a second that would almost certainly be Speed Monster right now. It has some seriously messed up inversions and the placement of it on the hillside of Tusenfryd could make it an absolutely beautiful coaster to ride as well as a crazy one.

The Flying coaster at Magic Mountain is definitely in my thoughts but we have no idea what it will be like right now so I'm not really excited about it.

Well there you have it... Voyage all the way...

Voyage, Superman: NZ, SFGAdv Wood, and perhaps the SFMM flyer/whatever if it uses the terrain like it should.

As far as a new Discovery channel show goes... what I'd be more interested in would be a guide to "doing" parks-- what rides are busiest in the morning, afternoon, evening, when they're busy, where to get discounts, where the best food is... an insider's guide. TPR should be making TV shows (yadda yadda I know you guys don't want to do this, but you could and it'd ROCK:) I think there'd be an special appeal for doing the Universal Parks, Disney(s), CP, SFMM and SFGAdv. Of course Disney wouldn't give you creative control, but the other parks probably would... It'd be like Ask Alvey Live!

I am looking forward to all the international rides, and I know it isn't a coaster, but the new ToT would be a great one to do. Also, SFMM's ride (still aren't 100% sure it's a flyer), Ex. Everest, The Voyage, SFGAdv's woodie, and Goliath

For me, it's all about Goliath.

Goliath is a highly anticipated ride that has been in the works for years, and finally the Southeast gets a hypercoaster. It should offer a smooth, airtime-filled ride that may be one of the best B&Ms to date. Plus, it gives me something to do on My Site

Holiday World's Voyage looks like it could become one of the most insane wooden coasters in the world: taking some of the great elements from Hades and combining it with a part out and back, part terrain ride that could truly deliver.

Edited by ParkTrips

The unnamed Woodie at beech Bend. I go to school in Bowling Green and go out to check the construction on this thing and so far with only the first drop and a few banked turns it looks nasty. The first drop especially is going to be exceptionally good, just wait.

Besides that Everest, and Goliath look the most impresive to me. Voyage not too shabby as well.

Expedition: Everest - Disney has consistently taken the coaster and themed it with atmosphere and effects that separate it from others. And this one is the Matterhorn / Big Thunder Mtn. on steroids!

The Voyage - an out-and-back...and then some. What you can't see in total, is a very good thing. (i.e. Beast)

Speed Monster - European parks are keeping up with the US ones with good inovative coasters, steel and wood - and this is definitely one of The Biggies for next year.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I think Black Mamba and The Voyage. Black Mamba will be one of the first incredibly thought out and fleshed out rides in a long time - especially outdoors.

The Voyage is the largest venture for the new Gravity Group (obviously former CCI) and in a park that is NO stranger to Discovery Channel, Holiday World. I definatly think the Voyage, while a somewhat typical layout, sports some incredible moments and challenges in building all those tunnels in the terrain of Southern Indiana.

I`m so damm boring because I`m saying the same like most all other users in this forum but my german votes go directly to Expedition Everest, because I love theming, theming, theming, and by the way Animal Kingdom strongly needs an expansion. Secondly I`m looking forward to Black Mamba and the african theming of this coaster. I hope B&M will strike back with this coaster after some average coasters in the younger past. And last but not least if Fuji-Q is really going to build the seocnd worldwide 4th dimension coaster like X I`m really enthuastic about this.