TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Water Ride

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason I get so nervous on water rides (Just ask AT0527 lol). I can ride other stuff no problem, but I don't know why water rides always get to me.

For now my favorite water ride is Grizzly River Run

1. Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls

2. Perilous Plunge

3. Splash Mountain (MK)

4. Splash Mountain (DL)

5. Grizzly River Run

Yeah, Dudley pretty much pwns all. It got me so wet, it looked like I just jumped in a pool. Perilous Plunge has an awesome drop followed by a huge splash that leaves barely any dry spots left on your body. Splash Mountain (MK) has the best theming out of all of these and has more drops than the DL one. Splash Mountain (DL) has amazing drops and good theming. Grizzly River Run gets you pretty wet and you can have a great time with your friends.

---Brent

I actually prefer Splash Mountain at MK to Dudley, although Dudley is still one of the most amazing water rides ever built. I think that Splash Mountain has far superior interior theming that puts the ride over the top, although I have ot admit that Dudley has the better final drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Splash Mountain at MK

Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando (I had no idea what to expect going into the ride. I just thought it was going to be an ordinary water ride. It really surprised me, I totally wasn't expecting what happened.)

Escape from Pompei at BGE

I used to love the big water flume ride at King's Island but they took it out and put Tomb Raider in its place. I still love the little water flume ride that's still there, The Wild Thornberry's Ride. It's a nice little ride back through the woods.

Wasn't there some sort of water ride at Dollywood where you're going through a mine that is flooded? Or I think it was just a dark ride? I remember I rode it and enjoyed it.

• 10 months later...

Tie - Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls and Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges

This beats anything Six Flags or even Disney has ever done to date. Rip Saw Falls is the funniest water ride ever! The big finale scared me like the first roller coaster I ever ridden.... I thought I was going to fly out of the log! I also do not think any other Log Flume ride gets you soaked as Rip Saw does.

Popeye & Bluto's was AMAZING! The big huge drop was scary as heck! Disney tried to do this with the River Raft ride at Animal Kingdom but their drop doesn't even come close to P&B's! I rode the AK raft ride once... but road P&B's as many times as I possible could!

• 1 year later...

I am a big fan of water rides, here's my Top 5:

1. Splash Mountain (Disneyland)

2. Perilous Plunge (KBF)

3. Grizzly River Rapids (DCA)

4. Shipwreck Rapids (I think that's what it's called...SWSD)

5. White Water Safari (SFDK)

I have ridden Pilgrim's Plunge, which wasn't great at all. The lift is the best part, Perilous Plunge is much better.

EDIT: Forgot Journey To Atlantis and Deluge! They are definitely up there.