TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ Thanks, I'm only a 90 min flight from Osaka or an 2 hour flight from Tokyo so hopefully when corona is done I can get back to Japan. I think the pictured one in my post is probably not for sale anymore, since it seems although the flavor is an exclusive TDS staple, they do constantly update and change it. In the game, they're ice lollies, which was inspired by the creator's TDS trip, and that seems to have come from a really long time ago since I've never seen an official picture, only fan recreations.

• Like 1

Yes!

I had it from the mobile stand over in front of  the Boardwalk area (between Tower of Terror! and Toy Story Mania!)

the "shell" was a bit soggy, but really tasted kinda like a drumstick, and the ice cream was a slightly caramel with salt flavor.   It was quite enjoyable, tho a bit mild.

i could be mixing up with something else, but I *think* this also had a small amount of raspberry jam in the center?

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.thumb.JPG.fab20bdb827b03cb191c5f4f0b21c6e0.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Corona is the highest it's ever been in Japan, but unlike last year when numbers were much lower the parks are running, albeit, with limited capacity and lottery based ticket reservations. If even super safety conscious Japan is trying to now adjust into a 'living with corona' type situation of balancing the economy vs infection rate, I really hope travel can resume in 2022.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is great, especially for you pizza fans out there, lol.

TDR is going to start selling prepackaged, 6 frozen mini-pizzas (in the shape of you-know-who) per box with paper plates included, too!

Sales start next week. In the park only w/their app. 3 to a customer. And only in Bacon & Pineapple, for now....

Yum. :mickey: Info from TDRexplorer.com Thanks!

FrozMickeyPizzas02.png.7525a8a71e2eed623f5a42a838616bfb.png

FrozMickeyPizzas01.png.a1cc974eec53118497f720982c088bb8.png

Photos from Disney.

• Like 1

......And as far as "that Sea Salt ice cream" goes (see above, somewhere) .... It was available on my first TPR visit there, in 2007.

The ice cream was in a container, and the container was in this "clam shell" you kept as a souvenir.

Very cool taste and idea, it was.

Souvenirs03.jpg.da6cf7c1d3d24391649a13fe12bad783.jpg

TDR Souvenirs, 2007. On the right, there. Lid's in front of the clam shell holder I got, along with the ice cream.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

^ Man, that is a - lot - of colors there! Almost too much visually, for myself. Rainbow Overload! But that's ok. The kids will love it all!

The upper courtyard area looks cool. Cafe looks awesome ...... Buffet!  :mickey:

By the by, does this hotel have a pool/spa/fitness gym of some kind/shape/size here? I'm just curious, thanks.

(If it was in the video, then "as old as I am" .... I missed it. And that's my excuse.)

• 4 weeks later...

Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Being Rebuilt in 2027 at Tokyo Disneyland

Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland to close in 2024 and reopen in 2027 to be 'more thrilling and have better effects' with the surrounding area having a huge upgrade too. This looks amazing, really great to see Tokyo Disneyland being bold and ambitious. I always feel the the Tomorrowlands end up being a discombobulated mess, so to go nuclear and basically rebuild everything is a great way to avoid this problem.

Source: TDRExplorer

img_6041.jpg.ed149f536bf762eb5bb559ead097833b.jpg

Image: Disney, via TDRExplorer

• Like 3

So maybe blasphemy here but since I know people like original Space Mountain.... but  If they want to make Space Mountain more thrilling, I would love to see what Tokyo Disney could do if they aren't limited to the original's design and can just go nuts. Paris Space Mountain has a bad reputation but I hated Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris and yet enjoyed Raging Spirits at TDS and Vekoma has been killing it lately with their new rides. I'd love to see the minds of Tokyo combine with a (smoother) ride like Paris'.

• Like 2

That's a pretty exciting project to look forward to. It's an awfully long down time period to just replace the existing ride system like they did with Space Mountain in Orlando but then again that refurbishment took the better part of a couple years as well if I remember correctly.

I guess my main question now is if they're going to make it "more thrilling" that means different ride system, so which on will they go with? Seem like the Gaurdians of the Galaxy coaster is getting really good early reviews and you would think WDI would love to re-use that ride system again somewhere else, this might be a good fit.

The Oriental Land Co. officially announced a major update to Space Mountain and that attraction's side of Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland. The original attraction will close in 2024 before being totally rebuilt as a new iteration of Space Mountain which will open in 2027.

pr220427_1.jpeg.493786175d7ac659951fe3f6694a1087.jpeg

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_olc/auto_20220427529850/pdfFile.pdf

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced today that Space Mountain and its surrounding area in Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland® Park will undergo a major renovation. This newly developed plaza will create a reimagined area of Tomorrowland and is expected to open in 2027.

Space Mountain, an exhilarating, indoor roller coaster that takes guests on a high-speed joy ride through space, has been a favorite of guests since the Grand Opening of Tokyo Disneyland in 1983. This entirely new attraction will maintain its original concept as an indoor roller coaster, but will have enhanced performance and immersive special effects that will give guests even more thrills on this exciting rocket ride.

The new Tomorrowland plaza will express the connection between Earth and the universe, representing an image of a future where humans are in harmony with nature. Guests will be able to enjoy moments of rest and relaxation in this plaza where various icons and other design elements create a sense of hope for the future. After dark, the area will draw guests into a spectacular world of light and soundscapes.

Guests can look forward to the excitement at the new Space Mountain and the plaza at Tomorrowland. Notes: - In conjunction with this project, the current Space Mountain attraction will close in 2024. - Space Mountain is presented by Coca-Cola (Japan) Company, Ltd.

Notes:

• With this project, the current "Space Mountain" will be closed in 2024.
  • "Space Mountain" is provided by Coca-Cola Japan Co., Ltd.

Attraction Overview

• Opening Date: 2027 Investment
  • Amount: About 56 billion JPY (projected), including cost of new facilities in the surrounding area
  • Like 3

Holy schnikes, three years?!  This isn't a refurb, this is demolishing and building something completely new!  I'm excited to see what they're gonna be doing! It's not like we're losing anything here, seeing as it's a copy of California and Hong Kong's version right now.  Give me new funky stuff!

• Like 5

I liked Tokyo's Tommorrowland and Space Mountain for what it was but it felt very retro and this looks like the refresh it needs. Funny thing in 2015 when I visited Japan with TPR Space Mountain was closed for refurbishment at the end of our trip when we'd be visiting but it was still open at the beginning of our trip, so because Tokyo Disneyland has a Starlight ticket option (evening/night admission) I visited after our day at Tobu Zoo and used the excuse of getting their Space Mountain credit to preview their park which still had Easter decorations which would be gone when the group visited at the end of our trip.

I have no idea what the new Space Mountain is going to be, but it looks exciting and Tokyo Disneyland is going to be the Guinea pig for Space Mountain transformations and whether it eventually comes to other Disney castle parks. 

• Like 1

^ this is a silly comment.

Japan's boarders are open to international travelers *right now*. . all you have to do is follow the procedures and you would be welcome.

Perhaps you are thinking of China?  (and no, not all Asian Countries are the same)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

^ you are correct (and I was incorrect)

it's open for Business travelers, thru my work. .. that's where I was getting the info from.  (one just has to follow the 3 day quarantine)

but I am seeing that pundits are expecting general open to tourists to happen in the next few months.. . so that's still a silly post joking that perhaps they would be fully open to tourists by 2027.

https://www.insidekyoto.com/can-i-travel-to-japan-now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, appel said:

Japan borders are currently NOT open for foreign tourists. 

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/04/27/national/government-adviser-tourism/

Dude, in the second paragraph of that article...

The government should relax its daily limit on foreign visitors and ease additional immigration procedures needed to enter Japan once such restrictions are confirmed as less effective in curbing infection cases...

Emphasis mine.  That implies that some visitors are allowed, which logically means that they are open.  Maybe not "fully open," but open.

And here's everything you need to know: https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/

It's complicated and a little confusing, but Japan definitely isn't closed to all international visitors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^ I'm thinking, that from what's been posted, they're enhancing the ride itself, but the actual track will remain the same layout. "May remain" I should say. But a spaghetti bowl-type coaster (with a "Galaxy" in it's centre!) for this spot? That would be wonderful! But ...

This entirely new attraction will maintain its original concept as an indoor roller coaster, but will have enhanced performance and immersive special effects that will give guests even more thrills on this exciting rocket ride.

And actually, when I saw this art concept, it looked like, to me, that the original SM bldg. is there, with a canopy-like thing surrounding it with added structures as part of it. Then, there's that walkway, together with the "new roof" looks a lot similar (to me) to TRON in HKDL, and TRON to soon open in WDW's Magic Kingdom, too.

Which also means to me, that TDL is copying the same canopy setup TRON has, and plussing it up TDL-style. Which looks like one of these canopies, but it's completely surrounding the entire mountain! And the night lighting on it and in it, will be a-may-ZING!

From what I'm seeing.   :mickey:

17 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ this is a silly comment.

Japan's boarders are open to international travelers *right now*. . all you have to do is follow the procedures and you would be welcome.

Perhaps you are thinking of China?  (and no, not all Asian Countries are the same)

China? Dude, no... 

Japan has been closed off due to the pandemic. Foreign residents (who live there permanently) haven't even been allowed in if they leave (until very recently). It was just a joke, but a very real situation. 

I say this as someone who really loves the country and has been slowly saving up for a trip- years before the pandemic... Unfortunately :(