TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contender for lamest... Intrimidator at Carowinds

While the entire ride (other than the first drop) is probably the weakest of the B&M hypers, the portion after the midcourse brake run is so slow, very short, and anticlimactic.

Edited by SFOG1991

I think one of the reasons Adventure Expresses ending is so disappointing is because the coaster as a whole is disappointing as it is. I was wanting some good ol' actual drops! When we climbed the last lift hill I thought thats what I was getting but nope! Coasters that only have twisty track and very shallow curved drips arnt really that fun,period. Heck its a lot more fun to wait for a super snowy day,go to Toys R Us or Wal-Mart buy,go to the nearest hill and go sledding.

Congratulations, you played yourself. You're riding the coaster for the wrong reasons. Don't go into any mine train expecting airtime/straight drops. It's all about ride length and laterals. But since you're someone sheltered at SF Great America, I guess I can forgive you?

^Well thats why I'm not a fan of mine train coasters. They dont have any actual drops. Im just not a big fan of "flat" coasters. That is all. When i went on AE me and the friend who went with me didnt know what the ride even was. At the time I really didnt know coasters that lacked both drops and inversions existed unless it was a kiddie coaster. So when I rode it I was like wtf was that? lol.

Thunderbolt at Kennywood might have my favorite ending on any coaster. Those last two drops in the back seat are ejector, literally out of your seat several inches, all over the place. It's like Jack Rabbit's double down, but twice in ten seconds.

Mako and Diamondback, although they're two of my favorite B&M hypers, have pretty weak (well, disappointing) endings. The trims just hit too hard and they seem as though they were designed to take the end 10mph faster, especially considering how solid the first half was.

Best endings:

Eejanaika's dive followed by the brake run facing downwards. It puts a perfect ending to the 45 seconds of complete WTF.

Maverick's two Stengel Dives and airtime hill combo.

Raven's ending

Worst endings:

TRON, Such a great ride but the end is like "yellow team crashes game over you won K thx bai"

Gatekeeper, I don't care about it in the first place but at least try a bit harder for god's sake you're selling it to Cedar Point!

Big Thunder Mountain, yes it was back in the 70's but I feel like Disney would understand the concept of building up the intensity as ride goes right?

Big Thunder Mountain, yes it was back in the 70's but I feel like Disney would understand the concept of building up the intensity as ride goes right?

Meanwhile, Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris has exactly that bang of an ending! The rush of wind that you feel in the last tunnel is amazing, and the sense of speed is increased tenfold. Then, you blast out of that shelf in a last, steep incline into the brakes. Just perfect!

Of all the coasters I have been on, even though it's gone now, I thought The Big Bad Wolf had the greatest ending of any coaster. Diving down a pretty steep drop to the river below only to swing uncontrollably to 3 110-degree angles was pretty awesome for a so-called family coaster.

And while I will add my name to "The List" of those who think Adventure Express has one of the worst endings, my award goes to any Chance Toboggan. If any ride needs a "You Will Pay" soundbite, it's a Toboggan. I think my neck and back have been paying for 10 years now.

Lamest? I'll add Full .Throttle to my list. Nothing like the biggest drop on the ride being nothing but a giant brake run.

Seriously. Are you telling me after spending $10 Mill on a coaster you can't spend another $100k to have a helix turnaround or a couple high banked turns? Nah! Instead lets have them face the ground vertically and have them slam into their restraints!

my award goes to any Chance Toboggan. If any ride needs a "You Will Pay" soundbite, it's a Toboggan. I think my neck and back have been paying for 10 years now.

The chance toboggan isn't a worst ending it's just a worst in general. There's nothing not worst about those things.

Then again, there is the Outer Space Flying Car in China.

On the paper, yes. In reality, after 20 years without proper maintenance, I don't know...

It reopened a few weeks ago after a major refurbishment just sayinggg

Yes, and the breakdowns have been countless these last weeks, plus the new explosion scene has its smoke working one time out of two, they added a trim in that last tunnel, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the refurbishment was much needed and it gave a fresh new look to the mountain. But what can you expect, it's DLP : the magical land where rides don't work before a refurb, and rides don't work after a refurb neither.

Best ending? For me, I really like Storm Runner's ending. Coming out of the Flying Snake Dive, and doing some hard banks followed by a pop of air into the break run is a great way to end the ride. Second would be Talon, with the corkscrew and helix.

Lamest ending would be Great Bear. I know that there isn't much else they could have done with it, but after the corkscrew it just swerves a bunch and ends.

The coaster with the worst ending I've ever been on has to be Ninja @ SFMM. Because nothing says "exciting finish" like stopping, and then slowly going up a lift hill that leads nowhere but into the loading station.

Best ending for me has been Outlaw Run's barrel rolls. Take those out and you'd still have one of the best wooden coasters in the world. The speed, air time, 90 degrees etc all make for a great ride and then it's topped off by a woodie doing barrel rolls. Love it!