TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Looks like a sweet coaster, but shame on SFOG for making the claim about being the first beyond 90 degree drop. Sound's like someone didn't do their research or something.

My god people get over it already. General Public doesn't know that, much less care I'm sure.

So many posts about the drop-thing...well...I guess no one likes to be punked, right...

On the other hand, not every new coaster needs to be a worlds/countrys first...so theres no need for such a misrepresentation in my opinion.

George "who doesn`t like to be punked, too" T.

^ I dont think you would have that same reaction if you were the park with the first pause before a beyond vertical lift or any first and another park comes in and try to take that claim...just saying.

I don't think amusement parks having feelings, but if I was an amusement park I would not care. I would laugh about it and probably make sarcastic references to the other park's claim on my wesbite and Facebook page.

It looks like the crest of the lift tower has a larger radius than most Eurofighters. That must mean that they're going to use the 6-seater V-shape cars like Belantis' Huracan. The support structure of the lift tower looks the same as Huracan's too.

The 6-seater trains going over the crest of another Eurofighter such as Oakwood's Speed would produce unbearable negative Gs in the back row.

It looks like the crest of the lift tower has a larger radius than most Eurofighters. That must mean that they're going to use the 6-seater V-shape cars like Belantis' Huracan. The support structure of the lift tower looks the same as Huracan's too.

I wonder if there are any advantages to using the 6-seater cars vs. regular Eurofighter cars? Or is the decision based purely on the layout/needs of the ride?

^ I dont think you would have that same reaction if you were the park with the first pause before a beyond vertical lift or any first and another park comes in and try to take that claim...just saying.

I don't think amusement parks having feelings, but if I was an amusement park I would not care. I would laugh about it and probably make sarcastic references to the other park's claim on my wesbite and Facebook page.

lol (that was funny ) what I mean was the people running the show not the actual park...but I would love to read what the park would have to say, sure its as interesting as sarah palin's facebook...

Anybody want to take a guess where this new coaster will be in the park? I just looked at the current park map on the official website and it looks like there's plenty of room near Superman: Ultimate Flight. But I'm not very keen on this park, what do you guys think?

^ -smak-

There you go.

I kid...I kid...

I'm still glad that my old stomping grounds and home park is getting a new coaster, and I'm also glad that it is a new and unique to the park ride type. I still have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for SFoG and am quite happy with it's recent additions and upgrades.

David

After looking very close at the layout, I like it. It appears after the drop to go up into a dive loop, into the cut back, then turns into an immulman, into the brakes and then does its finale. I traced and expanded the pic to see what it did.

I also zoomed in on the picture and it definitely looks like the layout of Anubis (dive loop, airtime hill turn, Immelmann, brake run and zero-G roll)...of course, minus the launch and tophat.

^^^AGREED! There is no reason for anyone that lives close to here to complain about it. We are getting a new coaster and it excites me beyond belief. And to think that it is a Eurofighter! I would have never thought that any SF would have gone with something as cool as that. I am just sooo happy that it is not a cookie cutter coaster. As much as I would have enjoyed a spinner, I am so glad that it is not that! And if it gets the six car V trains as rumored then it can claim that it has the first 6 car V trains in the country!

I went to SFOG today with some friends and there was no visible construction yet. I'd imagine they won't start construction until later this month or October. However, there was a fenced-off section of the parking lot where track pieces could potentially be stored. I guess we'll find out soon!

Edited by Headphazed

^Don't feel stupid; it was only painted blue this year. Formerly, it was all black.

But I must say, the new color scheme looks pretty darn good...I love when parks mix things up a bit (like this).

I wasn't crazy about the idea of SFMM painting their Batman a different color. The all-gray color scheme of the track along with the black supports really worked for the theme of the ride. But since they painted theirs blue, I have to admit that it looks really nice.

So far, we don't know much about Dare Devil Dive other than the basics. But it sounds like it will be a good fit for the park.

Eric