TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice report. That’s cool that they’re alerting guests of changing elevations. If only there were some kind of ride that could magically take guests up or down that steep hill near Lickskillet on

I didn't see the photo or video or whatever of what you are all talking about, but standard operating procedure on Manta at SWO is after the trains go into flying position, all ops on platform are sup

Look dude, you're being an ass. I don’t care how you feel about masks, and I don't care what you do at a Six Flags park. I do care that you have been actively encouraging people on Six Flags threads t

Posted Images

Isn't that color scheme too similar to that of Blue Hawk?

I'm super excited for this coaster to open next year. Put me on the same boat of liking the blue track/gray supports better. Hopefully we'll start seeing that blue track arrive soon!

I'm super excited for this coaster to open next year. Put me on the same boat of liking the blue track/gray supports better. Hopefully we'll start seeing that blue track arrive soon!

I couldn't agree more! The first thing I thought about was Blue Hawk! I'm sure it will look great though. Just glad to finally be getting something new. In the actual IAAPA interview, designer Alan Schilke also said that he added a couple of small little changes in the layout that real coaster enthusiasts will notice that's different from the animation we have. He said the same thing about Wicked Cyclone when it opened and he ended up making a couple of the airtime hills outerbanked hills in comparison to the animation. I'll take it! Twisted Cyclone and Wicked Cyclone will definitely look like siblings with the gray supports lol.

Eh, could be worse. Could be like Great Adv where we have two green coasters and two yellow coasters right next to each other.

This ride will look awesome. It is actually teal track as opposed to the deep blue of Blue Hawk. Also any similarities in color scheme won't really matter since the two coasters are so far apart.

Grey will be a nice change. Also the trains will really stand out as a pop of color.

Does anybody have an idea if the park has a dinning guide for meal plan holders at the Holiday in the park event?

I can't seem to find it on the website. Basicly looking for meal/snack times, and locations that offer the meal plan durring the event.

Thanks for any help.

Does anybody have an idea if the park has a dinning guide for meal plan holders at the Holiday in the park event?

I can't seem to find it on the website. Basicly looking for meal/snack times, and locations that offer the meal plan durring the event.

Thanks for any help.

When the park is open 4-10 pm, the dinner and snack are in effect from open to close. (You can utilize your meal and/or snack right up 'til 10pm - there is no lunch though) I am not sure about other operating hours but I do remember seeing a sign on the door with the special HitP dining pass hours. The park has been very accommodating with the dining pass hours during Fright Fest and HitP.

The participating food/bev locations have not changed although there are a few special up-charge options added, including a turkey dinner! Another noteworthy seasonal offering: Johnny Rockets has peppermint milkshakes available - and you can use your snack pass to get one!

Hope this helps.

Looks awesome!

I'm a little curious as to why RMC isn't keeping that unpainted strip along the center of each rail. Their first several designs didn't have it, then their 2016 IBox conversions (Joker and Storm Chaser) did, and now, the 3 conversions for 2018 don't seem to have them. I wonder why.

Looks awesome!

I'm a little curious as to why RMC isn't keeping that unpainted strip along the center of each rail. Their first several designs didn't have it, then their 2016 IBox conversions (Joker and Storm Chaser) did, and now, the 3 conversions for 2018 don't seem to have them. I wonder why.

I think I may actually see the strip you're referring to on the third to last picture. Look at it close up.

^From what I can tell, that is unlaid steel. RMC iBox coasters have a thin layer of steel on top of their track, so that is just an unlaid layer of steel.

My best prediction is that they are using a different type of paint. I guess that was the reason for the strips on Joker and Storm Chaser was to avoid the paint sticking problems that Twisted Colossus had. I’m glad it is a solid color now, the strips didn’t look good at all.

^ Looks great. Can't wait to get back to this park next year. Shall we assume TC will be open for HITP due to its location? I hope so, cause that's when I wanna go next year.

Had the GC really become that painful in the last few years? I last rode it in 2013 and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. It used to be one of my favorite coasters despite a light degree of hip bruising every time. I should've suspected that they meant another RMC conversion instead of complete removal when I heard the closing announcement, but it didn't cross my mind, heh. I like the old Georgia Cyclone but I'm eager to get to the park in the next couple years and ride its descendant. Then again, I also need to get to Dollywood to catch Lightning Rod now that it's actually open... so very close in my last visit, so very close.

Always loved the white wall of wood appearance of the GC support structure at the park's entrance from the outside, so I can't wait to see the updated look once TC is complete!

Had the GC really become that painful in the last few years? I last rode it in 2013 and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. It used to be one of my favorite coasters despite a light degree of hip bruising every time. I should've suspected that they meant another RMC conversion instead of complete removal when I heard the closing announcement, but it didn't cross my mind, heh. I like the old Georgia Cyclone but I'm eager to get to the park in the next couple years and ride its descendant. Then again, I also need to get to Dollywood to catch Lightning Rod now that it's actually open... so very close in my last visit, so very close.

Always loved the white wall of wood appearance of the GC support structure at the park's entrance from the outside, so I can't wait to see the updated look once TC is complete!

I rode it in 2016 and really enjoyed the coaster, but it was aggressive. There was some amazing air in the very back. The last 1/3 of the coaster had some really brutal turns though. Now my friend goes to Georgia Tech and he was riding next to me. He said it was one of the roughest rides he had ever experienced.

In some ways, it was a better version of SFNE's Cyclone. It delivered a wild ride in the back, but the RMC conversion makes it a more marketable, popular, and reridable attraction.