TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Anyone else find the Hurricane Harbor sign at the Cyclone's entrance really random?

Maybe a hint of Georgia Cyclone being renamed to something hurricane related?

Seems like a bit of a stretch but I guess that would make make sense...

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are going to continue the water park expansion for 2018? And not reace cyclone with anything yet?

I mean it could just be pointing to HH and not mean anything but HH is probably closing for the season in a few weeks so a direction sign really isn't needed?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

What it really needs more than anything is another people eater like a lazy river.. put a nice long, semi themed lazy river in HH and it will be nearly perfect!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Hurricane Harbor could get some new slides or something in addition to #RMCGACyclone. As small as that area is, it definitely needs an expansion sooner than later.

I agree. I'm thinking that them showing the signs on cyclone and pointing to HH hard or that it means we will see cyclone revamped and possibly an addition to HH. It wouldn't make sense to put a "Something Big" is coming banner on two parts of the cyclones building if they have no plans for it, IMO.

Ah yes!!! The Georgia Hurricane!! I like the sound of that!!

After seeing that teaser video and mulling this over for a moment, the name that jumps out now is "HURRICANE: FORCE 5". It is a good bet that project 2018 will have some sort of a storm theme. Besides, the name HF5 is already in use at SFFT for their 'disk'o' spinning ride which debuted last season. I still doubt they will use the 'Wicked" name as that is a New Englander's term for something cool.

Hopefully all our RMC dreams will come true and we can 'ride the storm' in 2018!

Visited the park today - the crowds were non-existent; most rides were walk-ons and re-rides (rode Batman 2X without getting off). Only Justice League had any kind of a line. Very uncrowded in Hurricane Harbor as well.

A few notes:

Two pieces of construction equipment on site at Cyclone - one larger crane and a smaller one (I could not get a clear enough view to see if "RMC" were on either). It does not appear any real work has taken place there yet.

Additional survey paint has been applied to the parkway road area, most notably a green painted dotted line near the walkway.

A great deal of Fright Fest props have already been brought out, particularly in the USA section, including that 'Tunnel of Love' scare zone, used in the past few seasons. Also - the grassy hill near Acrophobia has already been transformed into a cemetery (gulp!) Part of the area outside the Rabun Gap RR station is now walled off, presumably for the Terror Train attraction.

Thunder River is still closed but at this point I believe the work has started on converting it to a haunt, so that ride is likely done for the year. The Observation deck / Freestyle was also closed.

Hard to believe Fright Fest is just around the corner. Hopefully the park ups the ante this season as last year's event was watered down and not at all scary.

I'm at the park today. All I see is a crane underneath the ride and no activity or track removed.

Does the crane say Rocky Mountain Construction?

From what I saw of it, the crane was orange and belonged to a general contractor. I'm sure RMC trucks will show up this week or by the end of the month. It sounds like I'll be at the park next Sunday at some point, and I'll know then.

For real. So far this has literally followed the exact same chain of events as every other SF RMC. Not to mention if they were tearing it down, it wouldn't have had markers all over it, and they would have started removing it by now.

A new teaser was posted by the park not too long ago over on their facebook page.

Though I'm not able to post it, it seems to be pointing towards an S&S Freespin.... or it could be a red herring just to throw us all off (I'm still leaning towards an RMC redo of Cyclone but I'm a little torn between the two at the moment).

Edited by Jccoasterfan
I have been kinda iffy on the RMC Cyclone from the beginning. I think there is a high possibility, but there are many thing that could happen.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking as well. I know that this has followed similar timelines of other Six Flags parks when it comes to their RMC's but I have this gut feeling that a conversion may not happen. I still have my fingers crossed...

Wow, that teaser definitely threw me off. They got the Joker bobble head and the spinners are Joker colors. If not an RMC conversion, I would suspect a Joker 4D or a clone of what GAdv is teasing at (except Joker-themed).

Is everyone forgetting that there is a RMC "themed" to Joker already? Not outside the range of possibility for SF to do it again.

Let's not forget the park already has two Joker themed/named coasters.

Teasers are usually designed to throw people off. If they are replacing Cyclone w/ a freespin, do we really think they're gonna make it that obvious already?

Teasers are usually designed to throw people off. If they are replacing Cyclone w/ a freespin, do we really think they're gonna make it that obvious already?

They aren't always to throw people off. GAdv was very blunt with their clues regarding Looping Dragon/El Diablo:

https://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/download/file.php?id=1352