TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Looks like we locals to the park can breathe a collective sigh of relief that the teasers were just such, and the actual S&S free spin is going to Mexico.

I'm excited to have my own RMC moments away from my house, and yes I'll be buying another season pass next year for sure! The blue track plays a nice homage to the original color scheme, and it's nice to see natural wood.

We also get a unique element on our RMC, after the first drop. The outside inverted cobra roll looks really amazing. And that 90 degree banked airtime Hill is going to be rediculous! Way to go SFOG!

Here's a random thought.

Are RMC woodies now the B&M Inverts of the 90's?

We're seeing more and more of the rides built, they all have very similar elements, pacing, and stats, they're all great rides that both enthusiasts and the public love, parks and maintenance seems to like them, etc.

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

I haven't been on Cyclone since 2010, and I had some really good rides on it! No doubt they are making this conversion for a reason, though.

That elongated sideways airtime hill??? Whew, I'm sweatin'. I see a bit of Wildfire ( sideways hill) Mean Streak (the twisted roll in and out of the first turn) and Iron Rattler with that first drop. IR gets tons of praise for the first drop, so I'm excited for this ride.

Guys, there's still an old wooden coaster on the other side of the park that'll satisfy that craving!

I hated to hear about them closing the Georgia Cyclone. I always remember two Georgia Cyclone rides. The first one was the very first time I rode it I was not expecting it to be as rough as it was and when all was said and done I knew how a pinball felt. After that I refused to sit on the exit side of the train unless I was riding with a friend. The other memorable ride was when I rode in the back seat.

That being said the new ride looks incredible and gives me an excuse to head back to Atlanta next year. As far as some of the ride being taken out this is normal for RMC conversions but it is not as much as it seems. I counted three hills being gone and also the final two turnarounds. It just seems like a lot because the Georgia Cyclone was a short coaster to begin with.

-The fact that Over Georgia now has one of the best coaster collections in the world.

They really do. I hoped so hard for this conversion after visiting (and hoped they'd go with blue rails even, pretty sure I posted that here forever ago!) But yeah this parks lineup is absolutely fu*king stacked.

RMC Cylone

a really good B&M hyper

a really really good, classic custom Schwarzkopf multi-looper,

the BEST Superman clone

a good Batman clone

the best B&M standup

a classic, really good out-and-back woodie

a really great 3-lift mine train

a really great unique drop tower

a really great classic dark ride

a really great modern dark ride

a refurbished classic Vekoma (yeah Im reaching with this)

a Skyscreamer

a great Gotham city

etc etc etc

I love this park so much.

It’s easy for me to forget how much we really have because I visit this park 8-10 times a season usually. But when you put it like that, we do have a lot going for us! Not to mention some charm that just isn’t matched by many of the other corporate parks.

A little surprised that I didn’t see anything announced for White Water. Did I miss something?

Don't forgot the chains only Eurofighter

Here's a random thought.

We're seeing more and more of the rides built, they all have very similar elements, pacing, and stats, they're all great rides that both enthusiasts and the public love, parks and maintenance seems to like them, etc.

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

That's a good point. I think we'll definitely see less and less of these conversions over the years as the world runs out of regular woodies capable of being converted. But I'm sure we'll see many more custom woodies and new products from RMC for many years to come!

Here's a random thought.

Even this one has the barrel roll turnaround which is a new element for them. As long as RMC keeps adding new elements such as this or that cutback on Twisted Timbers, I think they'll have enough variety in their conversions to make the rides different.

My wife said it looks smaller then she expected. I agree that it looks shorter, but I'm excited for this. The sideways airtime on Fury is a really odd and cool sensation so I'm sure that this will be a standout moment on this ride as well.

Also, I'm kinda sad we aren't seeing more traditional stalls like we saw RMC doing initially. At the same time, it's nice to see each ride being a little bit different from the others.

^^ ^^^ Not gonna name any names, but another fairly popular coaster forum today is filled with nothing but bitching about this. "OMG this is the shortest one yet." "OMG it's all the same elements." "RMC is donezo. They're tired and busted now." "Pathetic." "Blah blah blah."

Seriously can't take the entitlement and delusions these people whip themselves into. I've been on 5 RMCs so far. Each one of them has been a completely different experience each time, even if they have some similar elements. IMO, RMC haven't made a "bad" ride yet, and from looking at this POV, it doesn't look like they're starting to with this one. I cannot WAIT to get down there to Georgia and ride the ever-loving F out of Twisted Cyclone when it opens.

This will be a great addition for SFOG. Anytime a park "RMC's" the ride is better for it. The trains look cool. It does feel a little short, but the original ride was not very long.

IMO it is hard for me to get as excited about this RMC as I would have in other years because both Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers look like better rides. Also, both Cedar Point and Kings Dominion are closer to me. With that being said when I go SFOG this would be the ride I am heading to at rope drop!

I love the cobra roll! (Or whatever they're calling it). We're a bit spoiled this year after seeing Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers, but this should be a solid remake of what was otherwise a rough and uncomfortable ride. Yes, I wish it could be longer, but I'll still go to SFOG and ride the sh*t out of this whenever I get the chance! And yes, SFOG has a very solid lineup.

Short, but looks good. I love that they kept the blue handrail color for the new track. And the C1 Corvette, err, "classic 1960’s sports convertible" trains are the sexiest design RMC has come up with yet.

Interesting that this shows Twisted Cyclone with unpainted supports. Does this mean the ride will debut with a part-painted and part-unpainted structure?

I look forward to someday doing a Great RMC Road Trip with Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, and Twisted Timbers, with maybe a Mystic or Shivering Timbers thrown in for kicks.

Don't forgot the chains only Eurofighter

I thought I was forgetting something.

My wife said it looks smaller then she expected. I agree that it looks shorter

So are we supposed to just leave this one alone?

Interesting that this shows Twisted Cyclone with unpainted supports. Does this mean the ride will debut with a part-painted and part-unpainted structure?

This is the first comment I've seen addressing this and I believe that's because the general consensus is that it's just a matter of a rendering. I doubt the ride will be unpainted.

It's about DAMN time they kept that handrail color! I was super bunmed when Wicked Cyclone's rails turned out orange because I had seen photoshopped images from before its announcement slowing blue rails that looked totally KICKA$$!!

Even better, somebody had photoshopped a picture of Wicked Cyclone after its opening to make it's rails blue against the dark grey supports and it just bummed me even more as it looked even MORE kicka$$ than the white and blue.

(yes TC has blue rails, but it's just not the same!)

I've been seeing a bunch of people mentioning this, and I'm pretty surprised anyone else has even cared that the rails follow the original handrail colors, but it seems we are all tired of the orange and red RMCs. I thought I was the only silly person who gave a f*ck, but it appears most people actually really dig it.

This is probably my favorite color scheme out of all of Rocky Mountain's coasters. Love the natural wood and the colored track. And it's not red, orange, or brown, so...

Methinks that the reason why this coaster "feels" shorter is mainly because the trains don't crawl over the tops of the hills any more like they do on most older Cyclone layouts. That being said...

At least based on on-ride footage, this one -looks- to be the "least intense" of all the Rocky Mountain coasters, only because the hills seem more graceful than normal. Nothing super-crazy, this one looks to just glide through the track, which makes it a win in my book. As much as I like getting yanked out of my seat on Skyrush and El Toro, this seems much more smooth and fun.

I guess my thoughts about the length is that I really enjoyed Wicked Cyclone, and a majority of the reason is that is has such a rapid fire succession of elements. This doesn't have that, but like I said earlier, it's nice that none of the RMCs we have seen offer the same experience. Kudos to them for not falling into the trap of doing the same thing each time because it was successful. I'll take a unique experience every time even though I suspect I may still prefer Wicked over Twisted.

I really hope to make it down there this year for this! I haven't been to SFOG since 2009.

This just makes me REALLY want to go to SFOG. It's one of the few east coast parks I have yet to visit and I've heard such great things about it.

It really is an amazing park.

Not complaining at all as I think this looks amazing, but I will miss "the drop." If you've ridden the Georgia Cyclone, you know the one I'm speaking of. I certainly won't miss being brutalized by the beating it gave, but I will kind of miss "the drop."

The amazing turnaround should compensate though