TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^ And the Great Escape

Yea forgot about that one.. Honestly, now that the VR is off of it this season DDD isn't that bad considering it's a Eurofighter, I mean have the fastest crew you can find, and the capacity of a eurofighter is going to be subpar regardless, I think behind Mindbender, DDD actually has the most efficient crew in the park.

Hi everyone, I am planning my first visit to Six Flags (July 26th) and had some questions I am hoping the experts can answer. I'm a Florida girl and have a feeling this won't but the same experience as our parks- but not in a bad way.

1. It will be a Wednesday, end of summer, is this typically a very crowded time? Will we be able to do everything (or almost) once?

2. Which rides/attractions do we absolutely need to hit up? (2 adults who love coasters)

3. How long are wait times typically?

4. Is there a good time to stop by the water park portion? Like opening time, or closer to 6?

5. Are the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo there big enough for our shoes, clothes and 2 towels? Is it all day/hourly? What is the rate?

6. Do the meal tickets online really save you anything? or should we wait for better food options in park?

7. Is there a way to get around the $25 parking? Nearby hotels with free shuttle, etc.?

8. Do they have digital kiosks for wait times, an app, etc?

9. Any other info that would be useful, help us have extra fun?

10. We will be going to Talluhah Gorge the next day? any recommendations there?

11. Good place to eat a casual dinner somewhere in-between?

Sorry to get a little off topic towards the end but I figured some locals might be able to help. Thanks in advance!

So did you make it to SFOG? If so what day...what were your thoughts?

So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?

That's been the pattern as of late with Six Flags, I hope it's a totally different color.

If Scorcher gets repainted, it better be done right this time (aka pressure washed AND painted with good paint). It's last repaint was 10 years ago and it only took like 3 years to go to crap LOL.

Btw I'll be braving the crowds tomorrow and Sunday to be among the last riders to ride Cyclone. Hopefully I can get on the last train ever, but it won't be a huge deal if I don't. Will probably do a report on it. Stay tuned.

So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?

Before the all-but-official RMC conversion of GC, I was thinking 2018 could have been repainting GS and a floorless conversion, a la Mantis/Rougarou at Cedar Point... an opportunity for marketing a "new" ride, and high exposure up front, too. Granted, I'd guess it's not a cheap conversion, but surely they are aware load/unload on our GS is the worst one of all the stand ups. (That's for real.)

The ride is so good! It just needs some attention, just like Ninja/Blue Hawk did. Under-rated, IMO.

Fresh paint, two floorless trains, loading station re-do... boom.

If Scorcher gets repainted, it better be done right this time (aka pressure washed AND painted with good paint). It's last repaint was 10 years ago and it only took like 3 years to go to crap LOL.

Btw I'll be braving the crowds tomorrow and Sunday to be among the last riders to ride Cyclone. Hopefully I can get on the last train ever, but it won't be a huge deal if I don't. Will probably do a report on it. Stay tuned.

The last re-paint was LOUSY, without a doubt.

I'm actually up here now just walking around. Overcast, but a really nice evening. No lines.

I was thinking 2018 could have been repainting GS and a floorless conversion, a la Mantis/Rougarou at Cedar Point... an opportunity for marketing a "new" ride, and high exposure up front, too. Granted, I'd guess it's not a cheap conversion, but surely they are aware load/unload on our GS is the worst one of all the stand ups. (That's for real.)

The ride is so good! It just needs some attention, just like Ninja/Blue Hawk did. Under-rated, IMO.

Fresh paint, two floorless trains, loading station re-do... boom.

I may be in the minority here, but I personally hope Six Flags never converts Riddler or Scorcher. They are fantastic rides as they are, and IMO Rougarou isn't much better than Mantis was and now is just a mediocre sitdown. Stand ups are a dying breed, Riddler and Scorcher were the best of the bunch IMO

Much as prozach626 encountered difficulties in his trip to BGW, it looks like my trip to SFoG for tomorrow is not looking so good. My train, the 19 Crescent, is running very late.

I will be lucky to make it to the park by 1 PM. Worst case scenario and my return train is on time (leaving at 7 to make it), I'm assuming I will need the Platinum Flash Pass to have any hope of getting all the credits?

Considering the weather forecast for today, I'd say yes. Though maybe everyone would head to the waterpark? In any case, check out the scene when you get there and if most of the major coasters have waits that would combined take longer to wait for than the time you have allowed for yourself @ the park, then head back down to the front of the park and pony up on a FP. I did have platinum when I was there and the majority of coasters you get right on, no merge points. Goliath, Minderbender, GASM, Batman, Cyclone, Superman all dump you right into the station. If you do manage to get there by 1pm and have to leave by 7, I'd just grab the pass (after you check out crowds of course) as you might even be able to get multiple rides on things you really dig, even in that short time frame.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. It's a great park!

Ok I just had the most sketchy ride of my life on Georgia Cyclone...

First public train of the day. Sitting in row 6-1, my lap bar couldn't click all the way down on me so I had a solid 4 inches of space. If it wasn't for the seat belt I would've been gone. Also one of the wheels on our car was misaligned and scraping through the whole ride.

RMC can't come soon enough LOL.

Things continue to look grim for me and this trip. The return train is making all of its stops on time, and at the rate this train is going, there's no way I will be in the park before 2. If the train weren't delayed, I would have been in the park right now.

Amtrak's delay has cost me almost half of my day here.

Safe to say, I'm beelining to the Flash Pass stand when I finally get there.

Amtrak service all throughout the southeast, especially in Florida, is beyond terrible. This is because in the northeast the passenger trains have their own designated rails while in the south they usually travel in slow, clunky freight rails and sometimes get delayed by the freight trains themselves.

Amtrak service all throughout the southeast, especially in Florida, is beyond terrible. This is because in the northeast the passenger trains have their own designated rails while in the south they usually travel in slow, clunky freight rails and sometimes get delayed by the freight trains themselves.

For what it's worth, the delay seems to have started in the DC station. It has been around four hours late throughout the trip.

This is the first time Amtrak has let me down. When I flew out DCA-LAX, I went from the Fredericksburg station to the Alexandria station amd then it was a quick Metro trip into DCA. Much better than driving right to DCA.

Back to my trip, there's a glimmer of hope for me and my trip. it looks like my return train has encountered a delay in Mississippi. Maybe I will get 30-60 more minutes at the park.

I am still pretty hyped for the park. Honestly, more so than for Carowinds next month. Expecting Goliath and Mindbender to become my top B&M hyper and top Schwarzkopf. Expecting Georgia Scorcher and Blue Hawk to be my second place B&M stand-up and Vekoma.

How can SFOG let Scorcher look that bad? That ride looms over the front entrance.. nothing says "welcome to Six Flags" more than a dilapidated roller coaster. What's really hilarious is that the paint underneath the peeling purple looks better than what they used to cover it with now.

How can SFOG let Scorcher look that bad? That ride looms over the front entrance.. nothing says "welcome to Six Flags" more than a dilapidated roller coaster. What's really hilarious is that the paint underneath the peeling purple looks better than what they used to cover it with now.

They were too busy repainting Blue Hawk and Superman,neither of which really needed it. I understand why they painted both a rename for Blue Hawk and Superman got it because of Justice League going next door, but Scorcher clearly needs it more than any other ride.Golitha is fading, but still looks presentable.