TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to visit another (shall remain nameless) park-related site, which I still do from time to time, but most of the guys over there have VERY little sense of humour. The guy who runs it is lovely, as are several others there, but the general feel of the place is pretty unfriendly, and you constantly get shot down with commentws such as: "what do you know, this is only your tenth post?". Not a good way of keeping new members.

That's why I like this place, everyone gets the humour. Over there you were made to feel really small if you hadn't ridden every coaster in the US of A, and as I'm British, and not exactly well off, so far I've not managed to do that!

Although I love to read the coaster boards, I don't post on them too much as unfortunately I have only had the opportunity to visit a few parks, although some of them repeatedly, so my span of knowledge is considerably less. But I can still talk to the same people via the random boards: nice to find a coaster site where the people who run it aren't coaster nazis who forbid you from discussing anything else!

As an insomniac, I really appreciate TPR, always so much to read and say.

You guys do a great job, keep it up!!

I was looking for theme park review sites when I first got into roller coasters about 5 or 6 years ago and I looked on google and found this site. I thought it would be written reviews on theme parks but I found out it was group of coaster enthusiasts posting pictures with captions that made me laugh. I abandoned this site for a couple years until I signed onto the westcoaster forums about a year ago and saw that Robb, Elissa, Dan, Joey etc. posted there. Then I came here again and signed onto the forums, and I've been coming back here since.

Wow, there are already over 3,000 members. When I first started, there were only 400+.

A visit to Flamingoland (Velocity was closed )in the UK this summer peaked my interest and a variety of Google searches brought me here on the tides.

To be honest (and to my shame), I've only just been bitten by the roller coaster bug, but now I want MORE!

A trip to Blackpool soon should give me a fix - I'm egging myself to overcome "The Fear" and get my ass on Pepsi Max Big One (plus Big Dipper and Grand National if time and family permit).

Fishy

Wow! This is all very interesting to me! Good to see all those search engines do their job.

I think once we get a couple of things fixed up on the site (like the park directory and stuff) there will be a lot more functionality and hopefully seem like more tradtional "reviews" and such.

Glad you all seem to be enjoying the site. It's a lot of work to keep things going. Between Elissa and I it's like having 3 full time jobs!

--Robb

• 2 weeks later...

Well for me it was very slow day at work about 2 weeks ago. I was randomly clicking around google. I found my self in the themepark section and randomly picked a link. And this was it. So I started reading the TRs (from the Japan trip mostly). I thought wow these guys are crazy. I wanted more. Then I watched some videos. I was like wow!!If only I could have crazy coaster related goodness in my life too? So course I signed up for one the last spots on the England trip.

Pete

Well......

I remember I first found your site when I was looking for a POV of Pyrenees, only to find that you had to buy the DVD to see the full POV so then I forgot about the site. Then I refound it again while searching for Ghost Rider Pics, and then after that time, the site stuck in my head. But I never joined because I felt I was to busy to be active on a site and didn't want to register. Then about a year or so later(how ever long its been), I finally joined as a member. And now I'm here, almost a month old! .