TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, I'm curious as to why you're surprised by people having found the site via google? It would seem to me that google would be the most likely way that people would find it. Or is there something I'm missing? No disrespect intended, I'm just genuinely curious as to why you'd be surprised. In any event, I'm certainly glad to have found the site. (As posted earlier: via a google search on Bonfante Gardens)

Billy "just wondering" Hill

First, I have loved rollercoasters for as long as I can remember, I wasn't involved in the coaster community in any way, and, I had no idea how big it was, all I really knew about was ACE since they're on just about every rollercoaster show on tv. Anyway, last year we went to SFMM, now it had been a few months since I had gone because of problems between my parents, when my mom and I got there and parked in the parking lot, I looked towards the back of the lot and noticed track pieces, at first I couldn't tell what they were because we were so far away but I took my camera and zoomed in on them, I got SOOOOO excited when I saw that. When I got home later that day I was determined to find out what kind of coaster It was. After much surfing around the internet I happened to stumble across TPR.

I've been on TPR regularly(Every day), since then, and attended Tatsu's Media Day.

• 7 months later...

Oooh a bump!

I think it was around 2000-2001 and I was browsing sites such as SCCC, Goose's Realm of Insanity, Westcoaster, and Beary Tales. Found TPR thru Westcoaster around the same time period. So I've been following the site for years now but only recently became a member. A thing I like about TPR, like Westcoaster, is that the photo captions in updates are funny unlike other coaster sites where they just plainly tell you what is seen.

I found Theme Park Review through google when searching for "On Ride POVs" or something like that. I had originally just registered for the videos, but when I saw how cool it was here, I hopped on in. Plus, meeting a fellow TPR member on Kraken and then another at Epcot got me even more involved. Getting to meet some of the TPR fame like Robb, Elissa and Guy just took the cake for me. Remember everyone, if you have one goal for your time on TPR before you die, meet Robb and the rest of the TPR crew, as it is one of the most unforgetable experiences ever. It makes going to theme parks even better!

I found you guys after a dull series of events:

1. I move to Little Rock.

2. My neighbor friend at the time introduces me to RCT 2.

3. I become obsessed and discover the official RCT forum.

4. There someone posted a link to the RCDB.

5. I find a Knotts picture with the Westcoaster.net URL in the corner.

6. I find TPR through Westcoaster.

7. I've been reading updates since about 2003 or 2004.

Fascinating, eh?

Well, since I suffer from CRS (if you have to ask, you don't need to know. lol.) I don't really remember if it was through a Google search, one of my friends that works at a theme park, or by accident searching the web for info on specific coasters and/or parks. I do know it was one of the above.

But does it REALLY matter? At least I found it!!