TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey's Facebook Account

Due to some malicious activity from some Facebook "friends" I have deleted ALL friends from my Facebook page. If you are interested in following me again, please re-add me. Please also do not be offended if I don't re-add you. Due to this incident I am having to be forced to be more selective with who I add to my personal Facebook page.

If I do not add you, it's probably because I just don't know you that well. I invite you to add our TPR Page (link in my signature) until I get to know you a bit better to be added to my personal page.

FYI - if you don't know me personally, and you try to add me without telling me anything about who you were, I most likely will not add you. If you send me a message telling me who you were and why I should add you to my personal Facebook page, you'd probably have a better chance of being accepted...but I make no guarantees at all.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Thanks. That's the problem though, I'm actually "too nice." I would add pretty much anyone to my Facebook page because I was trusting enough for people not to do stupid sh*t. And lately, people have been giving me crap about "Alvey's being too mean", "Alvey's being more of a dick", well you know what, it's these people that are MAKING me like that!!!

I've been far too trusting and far too nice to complete strangers that continue to try to screw me over. Well you know what? F**k that. I'm sick of it.

I only want the "good people" on TPR, and I only want people I can REALLY trust to be my "friends."

If you don't "get" me, don't pretend to be my friend and don't be active on TPR.

I'm sure many people will agree when I say that no one wants some hateful, mean spirited, jealous vengeful asshole showing up to one of our TPR events or being stuck with someone like that for a week on a TPR trip. I *absolutely* want to weed those people out.

And if you're not "good enough" for TPR - don't complain. Because it's YOUR FAULT!

--Robb "I love my good TPR members! Love all you guys!!!" Alvey

I totally understand the situation. Even though I'm probably not as much of a popular person as you are, I still dealt with Facebook "friends" that would play me down all the time. I used to have 300-or-so Facebook friends, and now I'm down to just over 120 because so many were jerks or I just plain didn't know them.

What reason would people have for playing you down, anyway? It's not like there's a huge disclaimer written on the bottom of the splash page.

Oh, wait...

Edited by A.J.

I resisted for a long time, but finally setup "limited profile" and "medium limit" lists to which I add people I've never met (mostly pinball enthusiasts from around the world - who don't need to see my vacation photos, etc), or people I'm just not that close to. Spent an afternoon last fall setting it up all, and now I'm pretty happy with it. However that might be too simplistic a solution for your case.

I will definitely miss seeing/hearing your rantings - all of your observances regarding the general public had truth behind them.

With that said, I totally understand - I feel the same way about 'friends' tagging me in inappropriate pictures, or making offensive/ruthless comments on my wall - which is why I will not add my own brother to my friends list on FB - he doesn't agree with a lot of things I say and makes that obvious through comments or wall postings.

I'm really sorry to hear about this Robb. I thought I was going mad earlier when it said I wasn't a friend with you. I wont re-add you, I don't know you personally and it would be unfair to bury you under a mountain of friend requests.

EDIT: Just thought I would also mention that you still have a lot of public information, including likes and employment. If you're having trouble you might be best off going for full on lock-down.

Robb, that sucks man. When you get a large number of people in one place you are bound to find some individuals that are just idiots and don't know how to act. Sucks that you had to take it that far, but I understand. Every 6 months I go through my friend list and delete the idiots. From those of us that do know how to act, we appreciate the site and a place to be able to chat with others that love roller coasters. Thanks!

I know I'm just another fish in the barrel here, but that really does suck. I'm glad you got everything sorted out. I would add you, but the only time I've met you was at ECB, and I was too shy to talk to anyone or make some friends. So I would probably not get accepted.

Good idea to weed out the bad apples, I actually enjoyed your posts! We've only met once (and I'm not sure I made a favorable impression), so I'll probably save you the trouble of figuring out whether or not I should be readded. Either way, I enjoy what you do and all the amazing FREE things you've done for the coaster community. Keep doing it, don't change for anyone.. Although I don't need to tell you this

|m|.(>_<).|m|

-Don

Sorry to hear you're having these kinds of problems. I know you're probably like "Coasterbill who the hell are you" but I've been coming to this site for at least 7-8 years now and I'm amazed at how cool of a guy you seem to be. I've never met you personally but from my distant perspective... I've never seen anyone go so far out of their way to accommodate so many people. You do coaster trips for random people that sign up for your free forums, always offer to meet up with people at Magic Mountain and will go on any podcast that wants you on despite having an incredibly busy schedule. It sucks that some people took advantage of your trusting and good natured personality but hopefully you realize it's just a few idiots and quite honestly... screw them. Keep doing what you're doing, it's a breath of fresh air to see people conduct themselves the way you and Elissa do.

I think it's all on lock down now.

Good move, i did the same with my page and only very few things can actually be seen by anyone else

Sucks that people are dickbags with no sense of humor or, at least, a pair of brass balls, but meh, s'the way the world goes

Denzel "That Furry kid" R.

^^ Sam Marrs likes this

Seriously though, he's right. You and Elissa seem like very nice people, and there's very few of those today. I understand if you don't add me since I haven't met you before, and that's completely fine. TPR inspired me to become an enthusiast, and while I joined last year, I've been following this site for longer than I can remember. Thank you so much for inspiring me. Hopefully I can meet you sometime! Thanks for all you do, and trust me, you do ALOT!