TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

This one girl is getting on my case for not liking new rap. Whenever I have to work with her, she always states that I'm wrong because I hate new rap, redos the work, and gets the same answer.

I hate rap, please dont give me problems over it.

Also, some guy in Gym class keeps on smacking his girl friend around. I tried talking to her, but shes saying that its his business, and not mine. I really can't do anything other than that. If any of you guys know what I should do besides tell a teacher (already tryed, results where failure).

There is another guy who got a girl pregnant, because he wanted to be the "cool kid", and brag about having sex. Look, if your raping other girls just so you can have a reputation (The girl is a friend of mine, and she said he rapped her). Man, I'm worried for her, and her kid. I bet (Archie is his name, I think I ranted on him in June) he will just try to avoid it. Which is almost impossible due to the law.

*sigh* This is the next generation

Also, not going into detail for this one, but people who think Gays shouldn't have rights, just because they like the same sex.

-Matthew K.

Also, some guy in Gym class keeps on smacking his girl friend around. I tried talking to her, but shes saying that its his business, and not mine. I really can't do anything other than that. If any of you guys know what I should do besides tell a teacher (already tryed, results where failure).

-Matthew K.

Does your school have a guidance counselor? If it's serious (and any kind of abuse is serious, IMO), that is probably who you need to go to.

GRRRR. SFKK opens at noon tomorrow! I was planning on going there first thing in to get it out of the way while giving the woodies at HW some time to warm up. Instead i've got to do Holiday World first with the woodies first thing after a cold fall night (it may seem like im over-reacting, but those of us who know cold weather and woodies know the later the better)...and the worst thing is I have to finish the night with SFKK .

I'm irritated with how so few people around here seems to be able to spell "brake" when referring to the device that slows or stops a coaster train. It's not "b-r-e-a-k," it's "b-r-a-k-e."

Just gettin' that off my chest.

Eric

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/education/12discipline.html?no_interstitial

Umm...for some reason, the parents are upset that their 6-year-old kid got suspended for carrying a swiss-army knife.

To me, that is a bit hypocritical, since parents were the ones who asked for the zero-tolerance and then when they actually do enforce it, they start complaining about their kid getting expelled!

Are you serious?

WTF?!? Parents, you asked for the zero-tolerance policy! So don't come crying when your kid gets suspended for carrying an item that actually could be used as a weapon!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/education/12discipline.html?no_interstitial

Umm...for some reason, the parents are upset that their 6-year-old kid got suspended for carrying a swiss-army knife.

To me, that is a bit hypocritical, since parents were the ones who asked for the zero-tolerance and then when they actually do enforce it, they start complaining about their kid getting expelled!

Are you serious?

WTF?!? Parents, you asked for the zero-tolerance policy! So don't come crying when your kid gets suspended for carrying an item that actually could be used as a weapon!!

I think they're more upset because the kid just wanted to use the utensil parts at lunch, not hurt anyone. Plus, the fact that they were considering putting him in a reform school at 6 years old does seem a tad bit extreme. In that respect, I could see why the parents were upset.

Okay, rant time. Today at band practice (marching band), a freshman was trying to boss some of my section around. That really annoyed and offended me, because first of all, she's a rookie: she hasn't been in the program long enough to tell anyone anything about what they should be doing. And second of all, I personally believe that you should be able to do something very well before you can start telling people how to do it; she can't march, therefore she shouldn't be able to tell other people how to march. I swear, people and their overinflated egos...

Third, she plays clarinet. A clarinet just shouldn't be able to boss anyone around, period.

So many things to rant about.

First up, I have to stay up all night to work on a project and prepare for a test tomorrow.

Second off, our house has an ant problem from the rain, so the whole kitchen is sprayed with Raid.

Finally, I hate it when stupid people feel that they should drive at 30 mph in a freaking parking lot.

Glad I got that off my chest.

A small rant.

I'm tired of seeing people go on about how St.anger is the worst album by Metallica. I wouldn't say that album really is Metallica, but it was more of them testing out some new things. If you compare St.Anger to Death Magnetic you can see that there is a major change in the style of music.

Stop complaining about St. Anger, its good enough to listen too IMO.

-Matthew "may be the bands worst, but its not thee worst" K.

It's already more than half-way through October & I still can't find any Franken-berries or Boo-berries! Those are some of my favorite things about Halloween time .

You are not alone with Boo-berries. The only thing I can find of them anymore is the fruit by the foot style snack. It is truly sad to see this.

Lets see:

First, I am doing the manager's job here while not getting paid for it while the manager gets away with working only 4 hours a day. My manager's boss comes to me all the time so they know what is going on.

Second, I can't sleep for some reason.

Third, I got a ticket thanks to a rude cop. He was rude to start out with, I was polite and he kept mouthing off to me.

And really the ticket should have been given to the person in front of me. The car in front of me slammed on his brakes for no reason, there was nothing in front of him. I was not tailgating him at all and I did not hit him but after slamming on my brakes I came within maybe three to four feet from him. But I was given a ticket for following too close. And the thing was, the cop saw the whole thing and still stopped me.

Edit: I really need to be in Orlando with everyone to get cheered up

"I was not tailgating him at all and I did not hit him but after slamming on my brakes I came within maybe three to four feet from him." (Homeboy23)

If you had to slam on your brakes and came to within three or four feet from him by slamming on your brakes, you were too close.

Eric