TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

If you had to slam on your brakes and came to within three or four feet from him by slamming on your brakes, you were too close.

Eric

I was about two car lengths behind him going around 20mph. (On an offramp from interstate) When I mean he slammed on his brakes I mean it, he stopped in an instant. And like I said, there was no car or object in front of him, he just stopped. This was a long offramp which we were in the middle of nowhere near the stop sign.

Two car lengths is plenty for 20mph.

"Two car lengths is plenty for 20mph." (Homeboy23)

When I learned to drive, we were taught one car length for every ten miles per hour of speed. Model Ts didn't go that fast, so there wasn't much to worry about.

Nowadays there's a "three-second rule," which isn't a law, per se, but a better guideline to judge distance.

Eric

^^^I heard good things about that show. I'm sorry you can't go. Just remember this when your mom needs to go to the hospital, just tell her you think it looks "boring"

^^Dude, that was a bit mean. Like terry said. Its the rant thread!

Also, what if you wanted to go to Cedar Point for the weekend, but your mom wasn't interested. Then she probably wouldn't go with ya. (Yes I know your 25, and you would just go there. Put yourself in smartestcoasters shoes.)

-Matt"That may of been a bit too much" K.

Rather than do something like the hospital suggestion, you may be better off showing some dedication, getting a job and using the money to buy a ticket. Or even hopefully putting it towards a ticket with your parents also paying part of it.

And yes, I am putting myself in his shoes. In HS, I wanted to go on a class trip. My parents told me if I wanted to go, I had to raise half the funds. I got a job on weekends and saved enough to do it.

Though you are right, Wicked is not boring. I am bringing my entire family to see it for Christmas.

Having seen it twenty times, it's boring now for me. The overbearing synthesiser sound, the screaming fans (particularly over here, at the London production)..I guess I've learnt that it really is not as good as the masses say. The worst thing for me is the constant bitching that occurs (in the UK, at least) whenever a new understudy or standby comes in..and then it's 'OMG SHE'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN [insert principal actress]' or 'OMG SHE'S SO MUCH WORSE THAN [ditto]'..or simply 'OMG KERRY ELLIS <333'

Still, it has a place in my heart, for starting off my theatrical obsession..and if I got the chance to see the Broadway production (which I think is vastly superior to the London one) again, I would. Especially with Julia Murney as Elphie.

So I collect theme park pin (like lapel pins) and buy them on EBAY. Well, I fully expect the back card when I buy them if A) I ask them or B) the photo shows it. Low and behold, two of the Disney World pins I bought came today with out back cards. I wouldn't rant had I not asked them and the photo shown them.

Now comes the fun of filing a paypal claim after the are refusing to accept a return. If you have never messed with a paypal claim, they take weeks to months to settle. All this because they wanted to see 2 pins for a combined 8 bucks shipped.

Today, I spent a lot of time writing a music journal post, complete with absolutely meticulous coding. Just this one time, I don't save it by emailing it or pasting it to a Word document. (Yes, I am smart enough to do that every other time. Just barely.) So, this of course is the one time (not quite literally) that my browser crashes. Have I learned my lesson???

Its rainy and windy outside, and we had to put up all our decorations.

My speakers broke, so we can't have music.

None of my friends can come over, because of weddings or they have to give out candy.

and, We are hosting a party at our house, but everyone is at least 20 years older than me.

My cousin can't let me go to KD with her, because she thinks I'll be to frighted.

Man, this years Halloween (my favorite holiday) will suck.

post 1000, in teh rant thread