TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My home park is Valleyfair was there on Sunday last day of the season. Since I have another park to go to I will be going to Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America try out there two new rides Fly over America. I will be going there a lot during the off season and possibly water park of america. Just because Valleyfair is now closed for the season I will use my annual pass at Nickelodeon Universe during the off season not done yet. I'm also planning to get back to my regular ruteen like going to the movies, weight lifting at the gym, downhill skiing and relaxing on Sunday's watching football so I still have stuff to do during the off season keep me busy.

My home park is Canada's Wonderland so, now that it's closed for the season, I'll be watching many on-ride POVs in the months to come of coasters at Canada's Wonderland along with coasters at any other park. Also, the off-season gives me time to plan as to which park(s) I want to visit next year. Six months of summer doesn't last long whatsoever. But, the six months of Winter will. Anyways, hopefully this Winter is a good one with not too much snow!

With Dollywood, SDC, Great Adventure, and Hershey running coasters into January and mountain coasters operating all year long across the country, worries about the "off season" seem almost laughable. It lasts, what, second week of January through to mid March now on the East Coast when LI Adventureland and Busch Gardens Williamsburg open? Oooh. How terrible.

With Dollywood, SDC, Great Adventure, and Hershey running coasters into January and mountain coasters operating all year long across the country, worries about the "off season" seem almost laughable. It lasts, what, second week of January through to mid March now on the East Coast when LI Adventureland and Busch Gardens Williamsburg open? Oooh. How terrible.

Yea but then you have parks like CP or KI that are closed from now until the end of April/Beginning of May. So yea it's pretty terrible

Yea but then you have parks like CP or KI that are closed from now until the end of April/Beginning of May. So yea it's pretty terrible

At least there's options you can drive to now. It isn't the mid 90s when every park closed on Labor Day. That SUCKED.

Six Flags Great Adventure is making it increasingly clear (now with a bonus weekend too) that they won't be having any of winter's crap this year. Thanks to Great Adventure for making the off season tolerable.

Seriously. Off season? What off season?

Go to Florida and enjoy SeaWorld's Manta & Kraken coasters and Journey to Atlantis flume ride. Next day head to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure to ride The Mummy, Rip Ride Rockit, the 2 Dragons coasters, plus the Harry Potter rides and others. Next, head to Disney to ride Space Mountain, Thunder mountain railroad, Rock 'n Roll Aerosmith, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Seven Dwarfs coasters and others. Last, and we save the best for last, head to Busch Gardens Tampa for the best selection of roller coasters in Florida, plus ride Falcon's Fury 300ft drop ride and others. Don't forget to say hello to Busch Gardens' beautiful tigers while you are there, and ride the skyride and the train through the Serengeti plain. This is the best plan if you want to enjoy theme parks in the winter months, IMO.

I will be visiting all of the parks mentioned except Disney World's parks. Why? Too expensive and most of their rides are not thrilling.

Planning my Ultimate Round The World Disney Tour! :

Disneyland Resort ~ 5 days

Walt Disney World Resort ~ 10 days

Disneyland Paris Resort ~ 5 days

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort ~ 3 days

Shanghai Disneyland Resort ~ 4 days

Tokyo Disney Resort ~ 7 days

= 34 days, air flights/hotel nights NOT included, lol!

My Ultimate Bucket List Thing to do, woo hoo!

1081185606_ResizeofIMG_2690.JPG.d86211fb68bca853f3bdaa51092d17e7.JPG

More of this at least, in David's and my future Disney Resort travels.

TDLR ~ the TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Edited by Nrthwnd