TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

Someone should be questioning why the dummy flew out, as I can only hope they did. If it’s harmless, great. But I am sure they checked in 2005 to make sure it wasn’t a support or something else that caused the dummy’s head to fall off. It needs to be questioned, the same way it was questioned when the boats went flying off the water slide. Apples and oranges, surely nothing to be amped up about, but not something to ignore. If there’s an ejection death on Jersey Devil in the future I guarantee we will be coming back to and quoting this page.

Relax, Karen. Do you really think that Great Adv maintenance, SF engineers and RMC personnel (who were likely on site for that) didn't question why it flew out? Do you really think everyone just laughed and continued on testing like "whatever brah..."? 🤣 Like Bill said, those dummies are not the rigid type we're used to seeing, its a torso shaped water balloon without legs or arms. Some water gets out and its going to lose its shape and can easily slip out of the restraint. If you look at the video the park released they are to simulate weight and you can see the park actually has to tape them to the seat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've heard a couple stories of dummies' being ejected.

You got the one at Playland's castaway cove, 2 dummies' were ejected and landed on a hotel roof. park laughed about it, and it's still safe.

Dummies that "Blow Up" and have no legs are more prone to being ejected when water is loss.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/roller-coaster-test-dummies-fall-crash-ocean-city-jersey-shore-hotel-roof/200210/

Lol what a calamity I have created. As I stated clearly, it needs to be questioned and it sounds like it was. There is a reason, great, there SHOULD be a reason. I am an engineer myself, we abide by a code of ethics, it is ethical to ask why this happened. There’s a reason, yay, moving on...

JDC looks incredible and kudos to SF for following through with it during the pandemic.  I just hope that the rumors are true that SFMM will be getting one next year.  They've already started demo on Tidal Wave, so I'm taking that as a good sign!

25 minutes ago, VegasBaby said:

JDC looks incredible and kudos to SF for following through with it during the pandemic.  I just hope that the rumors are true that SFMM will be getting one next year.  They've already started demo on Tidal Wave, so I'm taking that as a good sign!

The fact one of the trains is on site is also a good sign.

19 hours ago, dankeykang said:

image.png.2bbb0336c4bb26bbe2316af9277d55fe.png

Good! One less person in line when it opens XD 

17 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Lol what a calamity I have created. 

Nah don't feel bad, those coaster community is, well...like this lmao 

Yeah that's a good point about going through with it during the pandemic. Besides Velocicoaster so many of the others have hit the breaks and now we're not even sure if they will open this year (I saw that supposedly BGW has taken down any ads that mention "2021" around the park for Pantheon) and yeah yeah I know all the speculations and possible reasons and I get it all...but yup Great Adventure is saying screw it, still gunna do it and gotta applaud em for it. It's esp wonderful that it's this park which as I mentioned before went from the new omg addition every couple of years to jack **** Glad they are adding this beast, the first big/not a near clone single rail. It kinda reminds of how SFGadv use to be :) 

I also completely forgot they had am S&S free spin! I found that a shockingly fun and awesome ride, so yeah color me excited. 

14 hours ago, boldikus said:

That new ad is now running on socials again but ends with "Coming Soon".

The call for the "commercial photo shoot" I posted a week or so ago, said early June. That's where they do their commercial filming. Opening must be after that. Hopefully in June.

Yeah I'm really thinking a June opening. Which hell, I will drag my ass to this hot af concrete slab of a park in late June or July if need be for it. (Granted I'll go multiple times)

Photos courtesy of Linda in the Great Adv Conn FB group. Apparently it was... a little crowded on Monday.

See: lines for Joker, Harley Quinn and Flash Pass.

ga1.thumb.jpg.b4523a460eeab4fa0ae7a6273d2f9cab.jpg

For those not in the area, it rained all day Saturday and Sunday, and while I don't think the park actually closed either day (shocker!), it was gorgeous Monday and seems everybody was up for a grated venture. Line for the Skyway:

ga2.thumb.jpg.f1df4755c0149b682c0f8c3502bca6d7.jpg

Bizarro never, ever, ever gets lines like this outside of Fright Fest or freakishly perfect summer weekends.

ga3.thumb.jpg.92ba748dccf25874354ea60e83a5e192.jpg

Yeesh. Makes sense considering the weather we had here on Saturday and Sunday (it was 47 degrees at one point by me on Saturday evening). Everyone wanted to take advantage of the one good weather day we had.

Rumor has it that Jersey Devil is opening for the media on June 10th and for Season Pass/Membership holders on the 11th and the 12th.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, boldikus said:

Photos courtesy of Linda in the Great Adv Conn FB group. Apparently it was... a little crowded on Monday.

See: lines for Joker, Harley Quinn and Flash Pass.

ga1.thumb.jpg.b4523a460eeab4fa0ae7a6273d2f9cab.jpg

For those not in the area, it rained all day Saturday and Sunday, and while I don't think the park actually closed either day (shocker!), it was gorgeous Monday and seems everybody was up for a grated venture. Line for the Skyway:

ga2.thumb.jpg.f1df4755c0149b682c0f8c3502bca6d7.jpg

Bizarro never, ever, ever gets lines like this outside of Fright Fest or freakishly perfect summer weekends.

ga3.thumb.jpg.92ba748dccf25874354ea60e83a5e192.jpg

I came from California to visit on Saturday and Sunday. It was actually closed on Saturday. I had to change my plans and go to American Dream, but I went on Sunday and it was completely empty. Got on everything besides Kingda Ka. Only had to get off Toro when they cleaned it. I stayed for about 4.5 hours. 

2 minutes ago, boldikus said:

6447.thumb.jpg.9829c1bafa853b1b6836cb2f2b0f79cf.jpg

LOL everyone misses the little ramp from 537 eastbound into the park.  They've been doing it since the 90s.  At least back then people had the courtesy to go down to the light at the McDonalds and WaWa and do a proper U-turn rather than do...that.

^ Apparently, for some unknown reason, the park had closed the other entrance so instead of trying to u-turn down at the Mickey Dee's, people started doing that. This is all hearsay, I was not there.

Unrelated, but sure to cause more traffic jams:

37008.thumb.jpg.d53e1dc4d315dd71a418ccc439e1460f.jpg