TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

0613211359.thumb.jpg.2336f9c94a4f001423e0a992c604c97c.jpg

They brought a crane in to work on the lift.

Anyway, after getting kicked out of the Devil line around 11, hopped in a quick 10 minute line for Nitro. Unfortunately I couldn't recreate the Diamondback magic from last week, but it's still a great coaster and they were absolutely cranking trains out today, almost always by the time the next train dropped off the lift.

Headed across the park, seeing huge lines for Joker and FlashPass. Was surprised to get over to El Toro and find it a walk on! Rode it twice, fantastic airtime as always. Getting a little bumpy in the sharp turns but not really that bad at all. 

Headed over to Kingda Ka next but found a line almost to the entrance. Walked around to Zumanjaro and waited about 15 minutes. Not the greatest freefall ride but the height is worth the price of admission and the drop goes on forever. Also got what used to be an impossible visual of a Kingda Ka launch right as we hit the top.

Headed back across the park and saw the crowds are really on the rise. The Boardwalk was mobbed, Joker, Buccaneer had lines out the front, and FlashPass line was stupid considering the park closes in 6 hours. 

Just made my way over to check out the Jersey Devil scene and got the above crane picture. Security confirmed its closed for the day. Wanted to get on Nitro which didnt look to have much of a line but all the lockers are sold out in the area.

Probably gonna call it a day, I get here enough when it's dead to wait in long lines all day. Early departure should mean a couple rides on Wooden Warrior on the way home!

• Like 1

Yeah Nitro, last I rode, was starting to become temperamental. Some phenomenal rides some eh, but I hear this happens with B&M hypers, and I had very inconsistent experiences w Diamondback. Glad was running well, was always a fav of mine. When the air is good its just superb, the layout and that helix (had a friend that would always near pass out) what a ride. Sorry it wasn't the best of days for ya. 

Hoping weather holds for Tues. 

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

- Now that Kingda Ka can run independently of Zumanjaro, the gloves are off. The crew yesterday was the best I’ve ever seen on that ride. They were practically running.

Sorry, what? Last time I checked wasn't there some kind of local regulation preventing them from running both at the same time? What happened?

Anyway, I am so glad they can run Ka and Zumanjaro independently. I am sure this will boost capacity for both rides as well as provide unique experiences like being on top of Ka with a train rumbling down the launch track, which sounds amazing!

Thank you for the honest review. I am sure, over time, with expectations in check Jersey Devil will fall where it belongs, right in the middle of El Toro and Nitro.

11 hours ago, coasterbill said:

- We rode the Flume. We asked if we could not be grouped, we were denied. I should have just jumped in the lake to get less wet. Please stop doing this, nobody likes it. 

Ugh thats so annoying, speaking of the flume, apparently there was something with two of them crashing into each other today and people maybe getting hurt. Someone said that one came off the track and the one behind it went into it. Hopefully everyone is ok. 

29 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

Yeahhhh there's a whole lot wrong with this post...

(Although technically the caption isn't wrong as long as Kingda Ka operates this week)

Screenshot_20210613-205656_Facebook.jpg

I mean, that headline is correct so long as Kingda Ka was operational.

I want to believe that the log flume incident was due to them jamming 800 people into each log and maybe they should stop that.

I don’t know if that was really the cause but I’m hoping it was.

Also, I’m assuming that Jersey Devil never opened today because they dispatched all 4 trains Saturday night and none of them have made it back yet.

54BFAC89-963B-4816-A173-6CA83C9D8177.thumb.jpeg.134b0f00f908b2ba4e9e3aea60ce0a9d.jpeg

• Like 1

Jersey Devil has been open all morning accoring to Queue Times.

Now I know how you all feel when Lightning Rod is closed!

Oh well, try again in a few weeks.

6 hours ago, Zand said:

Jersey Devil has been open all morning accoring to Queue Times.

Now I know how you all feel when Lightning Rod is closed!

Oh well, try again in a few weeks.

I went from 10 to noon today.  Got 16 rides in on JDC.   Park was dead while i was there

• Like 2

Drive back was a success! Left home at about 9:30, couple rest stops and surprisingly light traffic later I pulled in at 1:15. Already 3 rides in on Jersey Devil! First couple were in the middle of the train, which wasn't all that powerful but definitely super fun. 3rd ride was the magical back seat, and wow! Insane ejector air on the first drop and a couple other spots, and it takes some of the twists faster back there also. 

I definitely think it's a step above a lower tier RMC like Wicked Cyclone. Makes me more interested in trying Wonder Woman or Railblazer, can't imagine how intense those are! Definitely a home run for the park. Very efficient with loading, line never stops moving. Only a 10 minute wait today, definitely going back for more laps later!

Park isn't too crowded so hitting stuff on this side of the park for a bit. Line for Nitro wasn't even long enough to write this post. Excellent ride in back as usual!

IMG_20210615_142821_855.thumb.jpg.3bda303d19c39c481fe4dfef8881af4e.jpg

IMG_20210615_142821_861.thumb.jpg.8c5b377adc6d19c99bac62032a2c5b89.jpg

0615211445.thumb.jpg.33536875a1b638ff86a5cfbc09dcf1ff.jpg

Edit to include thoughts from the rest of the day:

Hit Batman which would've been a quick line but broke down for 15 minutes. Great ride as always. While I still contend that Banshee is the B&M invert masterpiece, I love the Batmans for sheer intensity reasons. Really need to try Montu!

Had a couple beers at the Skybar, which was a bit of an ordeal as there were probably 20 people there trying to get free water or drink bottle refills. Nice spot once you get your drinks.

Hit the other side of the park real quick. Mine Train was a walk on and was quirky as always. That last hill is the best airtime on a steel coaster in the park.

Hit Bizarro after a 10 minute wait. Not sure if it's the age, but this ride gets more meh to me the more I ride it. I think I have a vendetta against floorless coasters that aren't or haven't once been themed to Batman. 

Caught El Toro reopening from a breakdown so hit that in the magic seat. Actually got a bit of a battle wound...my stomach (ok...my gut) got pinched between the seatbelt and lapbar and really got squeezed on the first hill and looks like it got pierced now. Was bleeding at the end of the ride. Worth it though!

Superman was posting a ridiculous queue time of 70 mins, I don't usually bother with Green Lantern, and I got a few rides on TTD 2 weeks ago which is far superior to Kingda Ka, so I was good with that side of the park and headed back to the other side. Jumped on Skull Mountain in back, fun as always. Wrapped up the day with 2 more back row rides on Devil. Was by myself today, so they called out for a single to fill the back row. Then when I got back they once again needed a single for the back row, but no one stepped up so they told me I could hop back on lol. 

If Jersey Devil is on the HITP list, it will be an unbelievable lineup. Honestly would have no reason to go to the other side of the fountain (except to go get Pork Kabobs). Fun day, worth the 8 hour round trip for the 2nd time in 3 days. 

• Like 4

I get that they're going with a devil/hell theme, but would it have killed them to put some covering over those switchbacks to keep the blistering heat off what should often be a long line of poor souls??? 

7 minutes ago, DILinator said:

I get that they're going with a devil/hell theme, but would it have killed them to put some covering over those switchbacks to keep the blistering heat off what should often be a long line of poor souls??? 

Majority of the line is under a nice looking pavilion (not pictured). All you see in my picture is the line to and from the pavilion (which is very brief in both directions) and the Flash Pass path.

• Like 1

^That's great to hear! Every picture I've seen just shows that open area, and I'm thinking to myself what a wonderfully awful bit of added theming to the ride it is! 

There are also signs trying to relate the Jersey Devil legend to the coaster bordering the hut-covered queue, and possibly all the way up to the station.

5 hours ago, DILinator said:

They should have added some effects,   like a tumnel, some smoke and fire.   They  really missed out on that

6 hours ago, DILinator said:

^That's great to hear! Every picture I've seen just shows that open area, and I'm thinking to myself what a wonderfully awful bit of added theming to the ride it is! 

Don’t think I have a great shot but there are two of these open air structures in the queue for shade. The entire area looks really good. 

BCE3F964-8CF1-41EE-9666-4806982E2609.jpeg

6F6320EA-2213-49D7-966F-E4E730C2A81A.jpeg

At the park on this gorgeous Wednesday aaannnddd JD has no activity whatsoever, no tests, all is quiet. But hey, at least their unreliable stratacoaster and river rapids are running, so points for that?

Yeah I knew going in that it was a possibility, and it's nothing that hasn't already been known as they're working on the top of the lift. 

My favorite moment so far today was the reaction of riders on Ka when they realize now that they don't have to wait for Zumanjaro, it's an "oh $#!+ We're going right away" and as others have stated it has immensely improved the cycle time. 

20210616_115737.jpg