TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Didn't get a chance to go today as planned, but I've been seeing all the photos from opening day highlighting all of the refurbishment projects going on around the park. Really glad to see so much TLC being done!

Looks like they'll have no problem getting their frisbee open sooner than SFMM did last year.

Member preview is May 18th, with grand opening Memorial Day weekend.

I’m glad we could do our part to help break the Macho Nacho bar in for the season.

If I'd only beat that one dude, I would have been the first transaction of the season.

What is it with New Jerseyans saying where they live based off of their Turnpike exit. Like are all people who live off the Parkway one exit?

Nah, we're the people who live at the beach and avoid the Turnpike unless it's absolutely necessary to take it.

What is it with New Jerseyans saying where they live based off of their Turnpike exit. Like are all people who live off the Parkway one exit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, the Turnpike and the Parkway are different things.

And yes, unless you live in the northwest mountain region (where both highways don't run), you most likely have one exit that provides the most direct route to your house.

For example, my parents house is 7A off the Turnpike or 98 off the Parkway, but you could easily take 90/91 and get there.

I'm with you. Tolls only when you get on and off is infinitely better than tolls every 10 minutes at the northern end of the Parkway.

Yeah. SFNE has some fan girl losing it over a niche DC Comics character

So Cyborg's voice doesn't get you all hot and bothered?

She’s flipping out over “Grid” whoever that is

:lol: Wow, this is somehow more off-the-rails than the SFNE thread.

Thought us folks at the Six Flags Darien Lake thread were the worst. Gives us credit where it is due.

Whenever someone mentions CUDA FALLS take a drink

Thinking of driving down to Great Adventure this weekend, debating between Saturday and Sunday. Main goal is to ride Ka and Toro, I know Kingda Ka shuts down if its windy or raining.. does it just shut down while it's raining and once the rain stops it gets going again, or can rain shut it down for a good portion of the day even if the skies clear?

Saturday has no rain but gusts up to 26mph, possible morning shower and I assume bigger crowds than Easter Sunday which has gusts of 17mph and "a few showers".. but less people?

If things stay this way, what do you think is the better day of the two? Thanks!

My gut tells me that the ride will run both days because generally they pretty much don't give a f*ck. It reopens quickly from wind and rain closures unless the park is dead and they don't care. I'd almost shoot for Saturday hoping that it's busy because the extent to which they care about weather is directly tied to how busy the park is.