TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The biggest issue with the fluffies is:

1) There is one payment kiosk for 200 fluffies. It is a bottleneck.

2) You have to do it for every ride.

I would be much happier to use the fluffies if I didnt have to go through the payment process 5 times.

Hell, it doesnt even make sense for Six Flags. They're spending credit card transaction fees 6 times instead of once.

Let me pay $5 once for an all day fluffy pass and then have a second express kisok where I can get a specific fluffy for every ride I go by.

Additionally, there is an option for "all day fluffy" within the kiosk but it is confusing so I doubt anyone uses it.

1. We used it multiple times @ Toro and didn't waited more than 2 minutes for people in front of us to use the kiosk.

2. You only have to do it for Ka and Toro. We didn't have any issues riding with our stuff in zippered pockets at any other ride. So its smart to rent the $1 locker for 2 hours, get in your Toro and Ka rides, and then zip everything up for rides elsewhere.

And as you said there is an option for all day - we didn't find it confusing at all. Its just $8 (or whatever the price is) and that's it.

What's so confusing about the all-day fluffy option? I and several people I know use it every time we go. It's as straight-forward as it gets. It's $8 as opposed to the $5 you're looking for, but if it's something you're interested in, I'd try it out.

What's so confusing about the all-day fluffy option? I and several people I know use it every time we go. It's as straight-forward as it gets. It's $8 as opposed to the $5 you're looking for, but if it's something you're interested in, I'd try it out.

What does all day mean?

-You can open the fluffy only once, but keep it all day vs 2 hours

-You can return to the same fluffy throughout the day

-You can use fluffies throughout the park all day (1 at a time) allowing you to tranfser your stuff to the most convenient location

There is nothing that explains which of these options the fluffy is offering you

It is really option 3 I want. I was with my gf who insisted on a purse, so we had to rent one at every ride.

It is really option 3 I want. I was with my gf who insisted on a purse, so we had to rent one at every ride.

Lockerz ain't your problem, my friend. This, this right here is your problem.

There is nothing that explains which of these options the fluffy is offering you

Explanations are available on signs within each fluffy section, just like this one:

As the sign clearly states, all-day fluffy purchases are transferable between each locker location. At the point of purchase, you create a six-digit ID code that is used throughout the day. When you approach a new fluffy station, you log in your six-digit code, which ends your previous locker session and begins your new fluffy rental. You continue this process until you leave.

The answers are definitely there - that's how the rest of us know how to do it.

QFT

Edited by michaellynn4

I'm late to the party. That transferable all-day option is awesome! If only they'd been doing that for the past 15-ish years! I'm definitely going to take advantage of it next time.

Explanations are available on signs within each fluffy section, just like this one:

As the sign clearly states, all-day fluffy purchases are transferable between each fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo location. At the point of purchase, you create a six-digit ID code that is used throughout the day. When you approach a new fluffy station, you log in your six-digit code, which ends your previous fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo session and begins your new fluffy rental. You continue this process until you leave.

The answers are definitely there - that's how the rest of us know how to do it.

QFT

Well there you go! I was looking around the kiosk and then within the kiosk screen itself. Thats exactly what I wanted to do. Im sure next time I go Ill see the sign everywhere!

Now the only thing to make it perfect is a separate express kiosk for folks who are just entering that 6 digit code and getting a new locker.

I made my first visit of the season today for several hours. Plenty of school groups were there, but overall the park wasn't too crowded.

Is the refillable sport bottle still available that costs about $22 and offers free refills for the rest of the year? I only saw signs advertising the red $15 bottle plus 99 cent future refills. A yellow bottle seemed to be available, but is that only offered with the season dining pass?

I rarely buy more than a pretzel or churro while at the park and don't want to spring out the cash for a dining pass.

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker. I'm flying out to SFGAdv next week and I'm wondering what their policy is on bringing in my own water bottles? If I am allowed to bring a water bottle in, will I have to put it in a locker every ride, or will they let me put it up against a wall or to the side? This is standard practice at SFMM but it seems like SFGAdv is more strict on loose articles.

I know that previous years they offered the one price cup with free refills but it seems like it got dropped this year at least from some of the parks. I haven't seen it at SFNE. The yellow cup is the season dining pass cup.

Water bottles need to go in a loc.ker unless they're the park's souvenir cup but as with any park in America, water is free at any food stand if you ask for a "cup" of water and then you don't have to carry a bottle / cup around all day.

Thanks. I don't mind carrying my Hydroflask. I love having ice cold water. Looks like it won't be too hot in NJ or PA this week. I guess I just assumed most parks are scorching hot like SFMM.

I visited the park last Thursday and had a wonderful time!

I brought a friend who's maybe now a budding enthusiast. My friend grew going to Cedar Point but this year visited Kings Island, Carowinds and now Six Flags Great Adventure for the first time in the past two months. It was another one day trip, we were off work at 6 PM on Friday, took a pit stop at our homes and got on the road. We drove until about 12:30 then slept in the car on the PA Turnpike. Woke up at 5:30 and with a few stops in between we were walking through security at 10:15 AM. Perfect timing!

With my friend having never visited before we headed straight to Kingda Ka for the first ride of the day. We were on the 5th train of the day in the front row. Fun ride, but I believe Dragster is the superior coaster. Since we were there we hopped on Zumanjaro and had a blast. The drop just keeps going and going. Now here's where the mistake was made. My friend didn't mind riding Mantis when it existed and we have a mutual friend who's from Kentucky always talks about how much he loved Chang back when it was at his home park. So we hopped on Green Lantern, when we got off we both agreed we won't be hopping on that anymore. After Green Lantern we did Superman which was their first B&M flyer and even with the simple layout we both think it's far superior to the Vekoma Flying Duchmans.

Next we headed over to El Toro, which as usual gave us an amazing ride! What can be said that hasn't been said already. It's the most extreme ride in the park, and I'm seriously jealous of this awesome coaster you all get to ride regularly. We got 4 laps before moving onto Bizarro, which after one lap there we got 2 more laps on El Toro just because it's so good. After that we had Macho Nacho for lunch, with the crowds being so light we recevived out food in under 2 minutes! The day was going along great!

After eating we still had the whole other side of the park to hit, so we started with Skull Mountain, great themeing, great music, great everything. My friend & I both love everything about Skull Mountian. Over to Nitro next it was running a little sluggish on Thursday, not bad, but my friend got off saying she liked Diamondback & Intimidator better. For me when Nitro is running fast I'll easily take it over those other two. We doubled back to Batman for another super smooth, super intense ride. I wonder how that thing runs so well for it's age, it still packs quite a punch! We hit up The Dark Knight Coaster since the crowds were so light and this was my first time I actually had to go through the pre-show! Nothing special but still fun. By this time it was 3:30pm and we decided to head to our car for a rest break.

When we got back to the park we decided the only things we wanted to ride again were Ka, Zum, & El Toro. Ka had too long of a line so we still did Zumanjaro, and for the rest of the night we just parked ourselves on El Toro. Over and over again, that coaster will never get old. The crew was pumping out trains non-stop. The were racing to see who could check their side faster. They even dispatched a few trains too early causing us to set up on the lift! The crew was going so fast on the bull that there were times they dispatched a train when the one on the course was cresting the Rolling Thunder hill. Another time, they were done checking the train before we could even hear it coming back from the first turnaround. We even ran into Larry and one of the other TPR moderators during our marathon! The El Toro crew did such a wonderful job that when the park closed for the day I went to guest relations to give them all complimets. It was fantastic. We had a wonderful day at Great Adventure!

Final Tally:

Kingda Ka x1

Zumanjaro x2

Green Lantern x1

Superman x1

Bizarro x1

Skull Mountain x1

Nitro x1

Batman x2

The Dark Knight x1

El Toro x29

From last year to this year the ride operations in this park have VASTLY imporved. Ka always had two trains ready to launch, the Zumanjaro crew was so fast Ka could only get one launch off in between cycles. Green Lantern we never stopped on the break run and rolled right into the station, we also rolled right into the station on Skull Mountian & Batman. Superman we sat on the break run for maybe 10-15 seconds which is pretty darn fast. Now only if the Nitro & Bizarro crew could get the memo's that it's time to move fast now. Of course the best crew hands down was El Toro, the last two hours of park operating felt like our own ERT. Trains were leaving the station with 10-16 people filled in the 36 seats. Good job Six Flags. It was really great! Left after closing, drove for a few hours slept in a rest stop in th e PA turnpike again. Woke up drove the rest of the way getting home at 10AM, and was clocked in for my shift at Cedar Point at 11:15AM. Crazy trip and completley worth it!

Sounds like an awesome day, Josh, glad you had a blast! That's a shame about Bizarro, because opening weekend they were hauling for the first time in what seems like forever. Nitro...I don't know what happened to them, but for the last couple of years or so they've been mediocre at best. Too busy talking to each other.

Wow that's an awesome day, Josh. Surely your thighs had to be a least a bit tender after all those bull rides! My record is 10 in a day (8 in a row without getting up), and I definitely felt it the day after.

OK... I am gonna be one of those people.

I am planning a trip on the last weekend in July. My wife wants to go on Saturday due to scheduling but I want to go on Sunday. How bad will the crowds be? This will be my first full day there in 20 years so I want to maximize the day as much as possible.