TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Man all people in here are doing is complaining.

I have no issue with GA getting this, I guess one thing i think is a legit complaint is something better should have been put by the lake. If you were gonna do this ride put it somewhere else and save the lake for a new coaster in a few years.

But other than that I'm fine with this, its something new and different and we have a great lineup of coasters at GA.

I have never seen so much bitching about a ride in all my years.

Out of all of you complaining, who has ridden Batman: The Ride at SFFT? I'd bet most of you have not because you are too busy bitching and not busy making travel plans. I was one of the first 100 to ride it and it was legit some of the most fun I've had on a roller coaster.

Some are designed to be balls out kick your ass OMG amazing, others are appeal to those who don't like intense coasters, and then there are those like this that are meant to be and are totally FUN!

Be freaking happy a new ride is going in, they could be taking a few things out ya know!

If a park has a ride design that draws a crowd, and you've spent millions on development, why wouldn't you clone it? Especially when most of the people out East have never heard of Fiesta Texas! Are some of you bitching about the cloning of Justice League? No, you all are jumping up and down and can't wait until you get one. But as soon as anyone puts in a clone coaster, the whining occurs.

Edited by chadster

Everyone can't make it to SFFT. If anyone is let down its kinda their own fault. Yeah its a clone, so are some megalites! I think this coaster will do well with the crowd. And c'mon guys, its six flags . . . What more did you expect name and theme wise?

I have never seen so much bitching about a ride in all my years.

Out of all of you complaining, who has ridden Batman: The Ride at SFFT? I'd bet most of you have not because you are too busy bitching and not busy making travel plans. I was one of the first 100 to ride it and it was legit some of the most fun I've had on a roller coaster.

Some are designed to be balls out kick your A$$ OMG amazing, others are appeal to those who don't like intense coasters, and then there are those like this that are meant to be and are totally FUN!

Be freaking happy a new ride is going in, they could be taking a few things out ya know!

If a park has a ride design that draws a crowd, and you've spent millions on development, why wouldn't you clone it? Especially when most of the people out East have never heard of Fiesta Texas! Are some of you bitching about the cloning of Justice League? No, you all are jumping up and down and can't wait until you get one. But as soon as anyone puts in a clone coaster, the whining occurs.

OMG, did someone just make a sensible post amongst all this CRAP? How is that possible???

I didn't get to ride the SFFT version this year, but I will be making it out to Great Adventure this year, I'm really psyched about the possibility of one of these coming to the east coast.

But as soon as anyone puts in a clone coaster, the whining occurs.

I have heard complaints about every coaster that's been added in the last few years. Valravn, Gatekeeper, this, Goliath... and the list goes on and on. A clone just gives people even more of a reason to whine. Just be happy you're getting a coaster at all. I haven't been able to say the same for my home park in many years.

One of the beauties of going to parks and riding coasters you read about is that it'll allow you to formulate your own opinions on a coaster. So for all of you complaining, please for the love of God, Ride it first, then draw your own conclusions.

I hope SFGAdv gets the small version and not the big version they're expecting.

Why

Just a troll.

Not a troll, douche.

The reason why is because people are ungrateful and there's this entitlement thing with many of of the people who post on this thread. So yeh, because of that I'd like to see the smaller version instead of the larger just so I can see all the fanboys bitch and complain.

Look at the park's current line up. 5 B&M's (The most at any single park), the tallest coaster in the world, and El freakin' Toro... With coasters that great to choose from, this coaster is a POS... Not to mention how uncomfortable and low capacity it is, but others will disagree with me there.

Dumbest post of the night!

I apologize for being so negative.

I suppose I'll explain myself: After hearing tons of glowing reviews, I was looking forward to Batman at SFFT for months before my trip. When I rode it last month, I just wasn't feeling the ride, I was pretty bummed I didn't like it either. I found the restraints uncomfortable and the train really jerky. It then broke down with me sitting on the brake run for 15-20 mins. The vests on the train tighten like a seatbelt (Or like Wild Eagle) and it affects my collar bones a lot., so sitting for that long perhaps made my experience even worse. Overall, this was my least favorite "large" coaster at SFFT, I even preferred the (quite amazing) mine train. I just wish SFGAdv went with something different based on my personal experience.

Now I will say I prefer this to Green Lantern at SFMM, but I cannot say that I would look forward to this coaster unless the keep the restraints from locking and tightening during the ride, and improve the hard, plastic seats. Maybe (hopefully) my experience was just a fluke, but my rides were just not enjoyable. Best wishes on this one being better, I suppose.

Again, sorry for my negativity.

Edited by chickenbowl

What's so insanely stupid about this is it's just history repeating itself. Example: remember how much everyone bitched about Tempesto for MONTHS....seriously, that BGW thread was nothing but complaints about the ride, the size of the ride, the capacity, the lines, the color, the theming, etc, etc, for MONTHS and then it opened and guess what? People loved it and you don't hear any complaining about it anymore.

FFS people. Shut the hell up. Wait until the official announcement, and like, you don't have to be "happy" about it if you really feel that strongly about it, but at least go out and ride the damn thing and give it a chance before you waste pages and pages and pages of internet space making pointless comments.

There, I've said it...

ps. And as obnoxious and poorly worded as I found chickenbowl's comments to be, at least he's ridden the damn ride. The rest of you? You're just being annoying.

Edited by robbalvey

^^^ I realize there are many body types, but I found both the seats and restraints comfortable, in fact I sat on the train for over an hour during a rain storm and never once did I wish I was sitting somewhere more comfortable. If you didn't like it, it's ok, not everyone will like every ride, but it doesn't make a ride a POS, maybe, less desirable than the others in the line up.

And Like Robb said, I appreciate that you've ridden it and formed an opinion that way.

You know, most other parks out there would love to have something like this: a compact, smooth, relatively low cost coaster that's highly marketable, and instead of praise for Six Flags finally installing something that complements and adds to the existing line up, the people here get pissy because their 500ft inverted hybrid aquatrax with 20 inversions isn't being built.

I don't get why a new coaster has to be about being the biggest or baddest among enthusiasts. It just needs to be fun, and that's when it becomes a winner, and from what I heard, these things are just a mess of pure fun and enjoyment for everyone which I'm sure is what the park wanted. There'll be a time for a longer and bigger ride, but I think Six Flags is doing something great by putting in a ride that the whole family can enjoy.

Anyway, while this bitching is happening now, I have a feeling most of you will be among the first ones at the park when this opens to the park, and we'll hear nothing but positive reviews.

It's going to revitalize the Lakefront and do so with minimal tree removal. I think it's an ideal fit. I'm even happy they're not trying to shoehorn some dumb theme to it, keeping it Cedar Fair-style. Now I'm just excited to hear about anything else that's planned.

Edited by michaellynn4

I just rode Batman again this past weekend. It's a coaster you can ride again and again. It's different each time. The seats are comfortable and I never had a problem with it. The ride itself is smooth. I don't understand the complaining.

Edited by Mrlittle

Since the ride appears to have the FuII Throttle tent at the front, I wonder of they'll have a FuII Throttle stage with performers as well. Believe it or not, it's one of the best things MM has added in recent years. It gets guests attention, and the dance competitions are fun to watch. People love live entertainment, regardless if it's cheesy and/or campy.

Wait . . . Great Adventure is a "world class" park? What are the prerequisites??? Now, while it does have its fair share of coasters I, personally, wouldn't quick to consider it among the ranks of a world class park.

Now . . . Let's get back to the clone lol.

My thoughts exactly. Easy with the world class talk people. Anyway, this will take lines away from El Toro which is always a beautiful thing.

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows, but its Six Flags remember? New coaster will be fine, just thought Gadv would go for the 10 inversion one.

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows

Let's be honest, at a park like Great Adventure, does "theming" really come into play? Enough to really make someone "disappointed?" Really???

I mean, what is El Toro themed to?

What is Kingda Ka themed to?

What is Zumanjaro themed to?

What is Nitro themed to?

And most importantly... WHO CARES?!?!?

Even the Batman, Green Lantern, Bizarro, etc, rides, you're looking at minimal theming that is mostly cut-outs and a few statues. Does the theming really affect those rides...AT ALL!!?!?!