TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Being a major aesthetic lover when it comes to roller coasters, I think the biggest reason I'm still hoping the 2016 GAdv addition is not an S&S Free Spin, is because of that prime lakefront location. I'd have no qualms with that type of coaster back in the old B&R location, or elsewhere in the park. But with that lakefront, and also the forested log flume island, a larger, more terrain interactive coaster would be lovely there! I don't think this is coming, but a launched B&M Wing Coaster would be amazing back in that area! That would definitely draw me out to visit my Jersey relatives again next year! Being realistic, a Premier launched coaster like YOLO would still be an upgrade over a Free Spin there, and could utilize terrain. So I guess that's what I'm hoping for at this point. Make no mistake, though, I think an S&S Free Spin looks fun, and I look forward to riding one someday. Just hopefully not there at GAdv, on the waterfront!

To be fair, could we be seeing a redesign of the lake front woth shops and dining and the free spin at the B&R spot? To be fair, we havnt seen ANY track or construction materials anywhere yet.... All we know is that the show stands have been (or are) knocked down and that they got approval of a new coaster for 2016...

Being a major aesthetic lover when it comes to roller coasters, I think the biggest reason I'm still hoping the 2016 GAdv addition is not an S&S Free Spin, is because of that prime lakefront location. I'd have no qualms with that type of coaster back in the old B&R location, or elsewhere in the park. But with that lakefront, and also the forested log flume island, a larger, more terrain interactive coaster would be lovely there! I don't think this is coming, but a launched B&M Wing Coaster would be amazing back in that area! That would definitely draw me out to visit my Jersey relatives again next year! Being realistic, a Premier launched coaster like YOLO would still be an upgrade over a Free Spin there, and could utilize terrain. So I guess that's what I'm hoping for at this point. Make no mistake, though, I think an S&S Free Spin looks fun, and I look forward to riding one someday. Just hopefully not there at GAdv, on the waterfront!

To be fair, could we be seeing a redesign of the lake front woth shops and dining and the free spin at the B&R spot? To be fair, we havnt seen ANY track or construction materials anywhere yet.... All we know is that the show stands have been (or are) knocked down and that they got approval of a new coaster for 2016...

I don't really follow construction with Six Flags parks. When do materials usually start showing up?

The addition is going in Lakefront. "A new skyline will take shape in one of the park's original sections that has remained nearly unchanged for four decades" screams Lakefront. The work in Old Country is most likely for HITP.

I, for one, am really looking forward to a fresh new view of the lake. It's been pretty much guarded from view from the pathways by the Aqua Stadium and the Grandstand for over 30 years. I've a feeling that it's going to feel a lot more open over there from now on, and I'm looking forward to that.

The only thing I'm hoping for is minimal tree removal. We'll see, though.

I. Sure it won't go over the lake, unless it's like great bear and all the supports are on dry land, NJ and Jackson seem to be pretty insane about the nature preservations....

Sometimes I forget there is a lake, unless I go to the parking lot outside the park and take pictures!

Page 1111, Make a wish

*Wishes for anything except a free spin*.

Just kidding, I mean I won't complain if we get a free spin, as long is it rides like a zipper/similarly.

But I also feel like we deserve something greater than a free spin since we're a flagship park and our last roller coaster was used.

Page 1111!

Honestly I'd be a bit disappointed if it were a free spin, but at this point it's clearly the most likely option. It would be pretty interesting manipulating the spinning though to make it as insane as possible though . At this point, I might as well just wait until announcement day.

Whatever Gradv has picked for this location, will look great next to that lake. Something about rollercoasters near water

except for an S&S free spin. It will look like a stack of metal ladders in front of a lake.

I have to say free spins are some of the ugliest looking creations out there.

^ Agreed, they are ugly. It a huge part of my problem with it going in front of the lake.

Thank you to Fooz for posting this in the SFFT thread months ago. It still makes me chuckle.