TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Part of me suspects that the Aqua-stadium is going to be renovated rather than demolished. If they ripped up the pool and stage areas, they could have have a 'lawn' seating area for the fireworks. Not to mention, that is a heck-of-a-lotta seats they already have in place. Seems safe to assume that Six Flags wouldn't rip down perfectly good bleachers to build bleachers.

I'm sure that this will be a fairly major expansion for the lakefront area. I'm going to miss it being a quiet place in the park. It was nice to be able to escape from the crowds back there.

On the topics of weaves, I found tons under Magnum when I was still operating coasters. Its not JUST Great Adventure.

I looked at the stats for a 10 element Free Spin and the length is only 280 feet. If the measurement of 433 feet from a few pages back is correct, there will be roughly 150 feet of unused space. Also, no one from either S&S or RMC has shown up at the park. This may be me being in denial but I'm still hoping for something similar to Full Throttle.

Yeah the Great America leak was totally real, the MM leak wasnt even on the webpage like GAM's was, just a badly cropped photo going around the net. I could see MM getting a Larson Loop if infact Six Flags is still purchasing them... but a tilt a whirl and flying scooters just arent MM's style. Plus MM had a tilt a whirl in the past and they got rid of it, why would they put in another one?

I looked at the stats for a 10 element Free Spin and the length is only 280 feet. If the measurement of 433 feet from a few pages back is correct, there will be roughly 150 feet of unused space. Also, no one from either S&S or RMC has shown up at the park. This may be me being in denial but I'm still hoping for something similar to YOLOcoaster.

Alan Schilke was at the park a couple weeks ago, but he was there as part of Ride Centerline, not RMC or S&S or any subsidiary in particular. Here's to a Hyper GTX

I looked at the stats for a 10 element Free Spin and the length is only 280 feet. If the measurement of 433 feet from a few pages back is correct, there will be roughly 150 feet of unused space. Also, no one from either S&S or RMC has shown up at the park. This may be me being in denial but I'm still hoping for something similar to YOLOcoaster.

Alan Schilke was at the park a couple weeks ago, but he was there as part of Ride Centerline, not RMC or S&S or any subsidiary in particular. Here's to a Hyper GTX

Would be 100% down for a GTX.

Would be 100% down for a GTX.

Same here haha, I'm down for anything Lightning Run-esque

Would be interesting to see how a 'smaller' coaster like LR would do at Gadv. They dont look intimidating, but Ive heard they are some of the most aggresive coasters out there.

Not to mention, LR onky cost about $7mil. Thats about what Six Flags has been spending.

it would be amazing if Six Flags batch ordered some GTX models, i think the GP would eat them up. And like you said for $7 million a pop, its right up SF's alley.

Doesn't 6flags usually do their announcements for their parks towards the end of August? When should we expect an announcement for what all the parks will be receiving next year?

Last year it was late August but this year it is September 3rd.

cool. thank you

Under a week until the announcement. There is seriously no indication what-so-ever from the park on what kind of ride this will be. No teasers, no hints, nothing. I know this has been mentioned a hundred times, but I'm honestly shocked. I suppose they expect the attraction to speak for itself? If the skyline is changing, Id imagine this thing is going to be visible from the parking lot. Its going to have to be fairly huge. Possibly the 220ft freespin? Worlds tallest yolo-loop? Aquatrax chiller remake? Idk.