TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Skully is a great coaster. One of my favorites at the park. Back row airtime is unreal.

The only thing that fits in the grandstand spot is a freespin. Oh well.

You know what also fits in that spot? The station for a Rocky Mountain Construction terrain woodie around the lake. I can still dream, right?

Stop the insanity, I try to ride Skull Mountain on every trip it is not AWESOME. At least in my opinion.

It has one really fun drop that can only be fully experienced in the last car. It provide 0.5 seconds of fun, that doesn't make the coaster awesome. Locals are stating to sound like enthusiasts from other parks, we are better than this.

LOL ^

For me yes the airtime on the drop in the back seat is awesome and a huge reason I love it but I also appreciate not being able to see whats coming at all, the ridiculous blasting death metal, the strobe lights, the half assed props that are usually not working, and the usually short wait. It does have some of the most elaborate themeing in the park, you can't deny that. (LOL)

Its like a Disney ride gone horribly wrong. I love it.

Its funny how the queue and station are themed incredibly well, and the actual ride has a tiki-mask, a few pumpkins, and a skeleton. Why are there pumpkins inside of a mountain? It makes zero sense. Really? Pumpkins!

I ride skully every time I go to GADV. Cant say the same about Bizarro, SUF, or GL. Its unique, fun coaster.

Edit: I had to come back and restate just how little sense having pumpkin props inside skull mountain makes. Somebody, who was being paid, was asked "What kind of props should we put in Skull Mountain?". That person, with a straightface, said "Pumpkins. Put some giant pumpkins in there."

Then somebody had to order giant pumpkins. Somebody had to make giant pumpkins. Somebody had to deliver several giant pumpkins to the park. Install said giant pumpkins into the ride. And somebody had to say "Perfect! Looks great! This is good.

Along that entire process, nobody asked "Why are there pumpkins growing where there is no light?". "Why are there giant pumpkins in this moubtain?". "Wouldnt nearly anything else be a better choice than pumpkins?".

Really though.

Stop the insanity, I try to ride Skull Mountain on every trip it is not AWESOME. At least in my opinion.

It has one really fun drop that can only be fully experienced in the last car. It provide 0.5 seconds of fun, that doesn't make the coaster awesome. Locals are stating to sound like enthusiasts from other parks, we are better than this.

I do enjoy getting a ride when its not a crazy line, but i wish the waterfall still worked, thanks six flags.

My friend told me that Namtab's motor bles out on Sunday. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, has it reopened. I haven't been to the park since Memorial Day and this is the last chance I'll get before it goes back to Batman. (Spending next weekend at SFNE and the one after at Knoebel's)

My friend told me that Namtab's motor bles out on Sunday. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, has it reopened. I haven't been to the park since Memorial Day and this is the last chance I'll get before it goes back to Batman. (Spending next weekend at SFNE and the one after at Knoebel's)

I haven't heard anything about a blown lift motor and I saw the ride running today as I was walking out of work.

Its funny how the queue and station are themed incredibly well, and the actual ride has a tiki-mask, a few pumpkins, and a skeleton. Why are there pumpkins inside of a mountain? It makes zero sense. Really? Pumpkins!

I ride skully every time I go to GADV. Cant say the same about Bizarro, SUF, or GL. Its unique, fun coaster.

Edit: I had to come back and restate just how little sense having pumpkin props inside skull mountain makes. Somebody, who was being paid, was asked "What kind of props should we put in Skull Mountain?". That person, with a straightface, said "Pumpkins. Put some giant pumpkins in there."

Then somebody had to order giant pumpkins. Somebody had to make giant pumpkins. Somebody had to deliver several giant pumpkins to the park. Install said giant pumpkins into the ride. And somebody had to say "Perfect! Looks great! This is good.

Along that entire process, nobody asked "Why are there pumpkins growing where there is no light?". "Why are there giant pumpkins in this moubtain?". "Wouldnt nearly anything else be a better choice than pumpkins?".

Really though.

For years I remember no props at all inside of Skull Mountain, then the pumpkin, skeleton and random strobe lights appeared during Fright Fest one year. When the park opened the next season they were still inside Skull Mountain, like someone forget about them. Now 6-7 years later they are still there.

^^It's running again. It was E-Stopped/Lift Stopped because someone reportedly hopped one of the fences to retrieve a basketball . People don't learn

I hope he/she was ejected and permanently banned from the park, no second chances for behavior as such

Ugh and to think it was a basketball, probably won at one of the park's games and retails for about $3

I really don't remember much about my one ride on Skull Mountain. I was surprised to see all that praise people were giving it. Maybe being 6'2 the ride became more forgettable for me.

You really have to ride in the back row to get what we're talking about. The front row is fun too for the opposite reason--the push factor through the right corners, but the back seat is just like "wtf is happening?"

Come to think of it, and I'm being completely serious here... Skull Mountain is my number six coaster in the park. For me, I'd say it's

1) El Toro 2) Nitro 3) Kingda Ka 4) Batman 5) Bizarro 6) Skull Mountain

The way I rank coasters is how big of a smile I have when I come back to the station. This is how it turned out for me, and if it's not the same for you, then that's awesome! We all enjoy coasters and it does not matter who prefers which ones over others.