TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I fully expect both Goliath trains to be operating from the beginning. This park is too busy to operate one train on anything but the coasters that have only one train (V2, Spacely's, Little Dipper). Someone reported on SFGAm World that the red train is on the track today, so it sounds like they will both get plenty of testing.

I have learned not to put much faith into what some random employee says. On opening day, while standing at Goliath, an employee sweeping in the area talked to me about the ride, then proceeded to tell me 14 people have died on coasters at Disney parks this year, but they are so good at keeping it out of the media, nobody ever finds out. I figured I would have heard something about it at TPR!

I completely agree. Even then, I can't wait to see some pictures and TR's of the line when it finally opens to the general public. With only 24 riders per train, even with a short cycle time, I can't imagine wait times under 4 hours the first day.

I fully expect both Goliath trains to be operating from the beginning. This park is too busy to operate one train on anything but the coasters that have only one train (V2, Spacely's, Little Dipper). Someone reported on SFGAm World that the red train is on the track today, so it sounds like they will both get plenty of testing.

I have learned not to put much faith into what some random employee says. On opening day, while standing at Goliath, an employee sweeping in the area talked to me about the ride, then proceeded to tell me 14 people have died on coasters at Disney parks this year, but they are so good at keeping it out of the media, nobody ever finds out. I figured I would have heard something about it at TPR!

I completely agree. Even then, I can't wait to see some pictures and TR's of the line when it finally opens to the general public. With only 24 riders per train, even with a short cycle time, I can't imagine wait times under 4 hours the first day.

Oh yeah, I expect very long lines. We will be sure to be at the park at open any time we want to ride it. Will be a fun endurance race to the back of the park!

This train looks red to me.

Also, looks like lift hill is faster than last week or the pov! Drop looks quicker!

I honestly can't tell but I think that's still the orange train...Iff you look to the left of Thrillseekers through the trees it still looks like the red train is on the lower storage track. That's where it was earlier today when I was there.

They were still testing as the park closed at 9pm today. Also, the red train is officially on the transfer track, but they're still only testing with the orange train. And while I was over by the station, an employee working there said they will only be running 1 train when they open the ride.

If that's the case, it's probably because the park wants to open the ride early before fully testing the second train. Goliath's construction was similar to El Toro's where everything seemed to come together later than expected at the last second and delays occurred. Toro opened with one train I believe so that its opening wouldn't be too delayed and I'm guessing the same thing is happening with Goliath. Hopefully it's only for a short amount of time because two trains is obviously better than one. Lol Unless you actually enjoy waiting in long lines.

I don't know what all the fuss is about the fingerprint scanners, i went today and there was no problem at all and it was a very quick process. V2 was closed twice (maybe more) in a matter of 3 hours. Eagle was running red, then blue and red, then just red throughout the day, actually was the first time i actually got a headache on Eagle. That thing needs some work. Superman, Batman, X-Flight had no complaints. Now Goliath photos. (My video of the orange train testing is refusing to upload )

1721768493_IMG_31481.thumb.JPG.dc677922c73e6126aefba85d1313cdd4.JPG

2033740396_IMG_31521.thumb.JPG.6bac61ff048bc200fce1c10a8b5b00f4.JPG

Pretty cool T-Shirt at Thrillseekers. They are really comparing Goliath and Raging Bull

778308518_IMG_31551.thumb.JPG.9f9c28d61b05b0ea4ea1cfe0a805a560.JPG

I believe that says 48"

1016502167_IMG_31581.thumb.JPG.69b4824253e4c1a16aa805f5893132f7.JPG

879597321_IMG_31691.thumb.JPG.c106d6288acbd2faf5ecb86608548485.JPG

From in front of Eagle

1400180790_IMG_31511.thumb.JPG.5f20d819459db16bcf2fcdc1e908a7f5.JPG

Another Thrillseekers shirt

^ Those are some lucky people!!! I bet there are 325463401 people who wish they were them right about now.

Well, there were two more riders after that, so that number would go down by two

Woho! Lucky, lucky them. I like that they opted for the back and not front.

They sure do have a nice "taste" for coasters!

They were the "operators" for the coaster that day. They were a part of the construction crew, and carried out the test runs for that day. I don't know why they rode. Seems like the coaster would undergo more testing before they put humans on, but I guess they were ready.

In case anyone wanted to see the video of the first "manned" test run on Goliath, here it is:

Thanks for the video! The lift seems faster now. And I love how someone asked at the end how the ride was. Too bad we didn't get a response.

I think the picture posted from the video of the man wiping tears out of his eyes is answer enough.

And while I was over by the station, an employee working there said they will only be running 1 train when they open the ride.

Ouch. The lines for this thing were already going to be absurd. What are the chances they don't include it on the flash passes? Or maybe do like SFMM and make it a $15 or $20 per-ride upcharge on top of a platinum flash pass?

It's six flags, so they are most definitely going to up charge it like they always do with their new attractions.

Thanks for the video! The lift seems faster now. And I love how someone asked at the end how the ride was. Too bad we didn't get a response.

It is hard to tell in the video, but the man wiping the tears out of his face gave a huge thumbs up.

*EDIT* The end of the video actually cuts off the thumbs up.

Edited by glouthan

And while I was over by the station, an employee working there said they will only be running 1 train when they open the ride.

Ouch. The lines for this thing were already going to be absurd. What are the chances they don't include it on the flash passes? Or maybe do like SFMM and make it a $15 or $20 per-ride upcharge on top of a platinum flash pass?

It's six flags, so they are most definitely going to up charge it like they always do with their new attractions.

I agree, they'll either do that or just require you to have a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass like they've done at Six Flags New England.

The SFGAm website says that Goliath will only be available on the platinum pass. I'm sure they will sell out as soon as the opening date is announced. I'm willing to spend $110 on the pass but I just want to know what day it's going to open to the public first before I shell out that much cash.

The SFGAm website says that Goliath will only be available on the platinum pass. I'm sure they will sell out as soon as the opening date is announced. I'm willing to spend $110 on the pass but I just want to know what day it's going to open to the public first before I shell out that much cash.

If it's anything like X-Flight last year you can use it twice but the two times you use it have to be scheduled at the time of reservation.

If it's anything like X-Flight last year you can use it twice but the two times you use it have to be scheduled at the time of reservation.

Dare Devil @ SFoG was the same way, too. Then I think they tacked on another $15 for the Dare Devil option. Don't look for unlimited flash pass rides on Goliath.

Robb-

Will you be able to take your own POV on Media Day, or do you have to do that at a later date like with Firechaser Express?

We will be on the Scandi trip during media day, and traditionally at Six Flags media days, they only let you shoot rider cam with the mounted cameras they provide. I most likely would not have been allowed to shoot our own POV anyway.

Does TPR have representation at media day at this point? I'm assuming that even with the dates flopping around like they have there will still be some Club TPR members to join us out here on that day.