TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Those were all of te same test run. These new videos are of later runs and demonstrate progress in the construction project.

This video from a NEW perspective, at/after sunset from the employee parking lot. Its sooo stuning everyone needs ro see it its sooo fast! That overbank and airtime hill! Its going to be NUTS

Perhaps the track needs to be greased to fix the squeaking noise problem? Most parks do this on traditional tracked wooden coasters to fix the squeaking problems. But obviously, this isn't your normal wooden coaster.
If they are using Soft Wheels (Polyurethane or Vinyl) they just need to be broken in.

June 4th Goliath Test Run:

Thanks to theredskull84 for the video!

Only a matter of time until he's going to delete it. He deleted a video that I found online, that I didn't even film. He just wants more views on his videos and less on yours and other peoples.

First of all, there was no need to post something that rude. I won't tolerate it. Secondly, it's is MY JOB to promote the content that TPR delivers, and I believe we were one of the first (of not thee first) online to have a video of the initial test run so of COURSE I will want to promote the video not only because it was on our channel, but also because theredskull84 was kind enough to contribute it to us, so I wanted to reward him by making sure his video got the most exposure. He selflessly posted that for us to use instead of posting it to his own page, and we thank him for that. Anyone else with a testing video was also more than welcome to contribute to us and I would have been more than happy to promote their video as well.

There have been other test runs since that initial one and many other videos have surfaced. I'm not going to be unreasonable and pull every single video, especially since it's no longer the "first" test run.

Please note that in my comments a few pages back I welcomed people to contribute their videos and we'd be willing to promote them. If no one wants to take us up on that offer, sorry, that's not my fault. If you want your video to have the best possible exposure it can get, why would you not want us to publish it?

Sorry, I just had to address this. Thanks for hearing me out.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Those were all of te same test run. These new videos are of later runs and demonstrate progress in the construction project.

This video from a NEW perspective, at/after sunset from the employee parking lot. Its sooo stuning everyone needs ro see it its sooo fast! That overbank and airtime hill! Its going to be NUTS

Looks like there's going to be some nice hang time in the dive loop as well. Sweetness.

Wow I feel dumb for just realizing how similar the beginning of this is to Goliath at SFMM: Big Drop, similarly banked turnaround, airtime hill...

Even though this ride is short it certainly is going to pack a punch. Curious to see where this will rank in next year's Mitch Hawker Poll. (Top 5?)

Wow I feel dumb for just realizing how similar the beginning of this is to Goliath at SFMM: Big Drop, similarly banked turnaround, airtime hill...

Even though this ride is short it certainly is going to pack a punch. Curious to see where this will rank in next year's Mitch Hawker Poll. (Top 5?)

This is typical of most tall roller coasters, really. Usually the lift + first drop + turnaround takes up the entire length of the ride and extending it even further is reserved for rides that have a lot of horizontal space.

I visited SFGAm in 2012 for the first season of X-Flight and (mainly due to limited budget and vacation time) it's not at all my style to re-visit a park that requires significant travel just for a single new ride.

BUT, having watched the 'June 4th Test Run' video countless times I've decided that I need to re-evaluate my 2014 coaster trip plans. I just can't imagine not riding 'Goliath' this summer, regardless of which other park I end up sacrificing to do it.