TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most memorable coaster moment of 2008?

Simple enough, what are some of your most memorable coaster moments of 2008? They can be anything from riding a new favorite for the first time, or maybe even getting stuck on a coaster.

Here's some for me:

• - When they stopped Dueling Dragons while I was in line for the Ice dragon. It was due to bad weather, and I remember lots of people leaving to the point where I got to the very front of the line. (First row too) Lol. The workers there played Universal Studios park trivia with us while we waited. I actually had fun with this.

- Again, there was a weather delay while my friend and I were in line for SheiKra. Just as we got to the area where they direct you to a row for the train, they shut it down. Her mom called up, and wanted us to come back, so we had to leave.

And that's all I can think of at the moment as far as most memorable go. I might add some more later if I can come up with some.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family Fun Fall Night at Great Adventure on Friday 9/26/08. It was raining all day prior to the 5:00 opening, and misting when I got to the park. The park was dead, supposedly only 410 people showed up and when you consider how big Great Adventure is, you could look down a midway and see no one.

I had quite a few solo coaster rides and even though they closed at 7:30 instead of 10:00, I got 23 rides in 2 1/2 hours.

It was not only my most memorable visit to a park in 2008 but something I will never forget since I'm sure I'll never see the park that empty again.

Boulder Dash night rides in October. It was almost painfully cold but the ride was running amazing and gave some of the best airtime I've ever gotten on it.

My most memorable 2008 coaster moment would be when I caused my q-bot to crash because I rode Evel Knivel too many times. The people at the flash pass office eventually had to manually add Evel Knivel when I wanted to ride it more. I think I ended getting 15+ rides in the few hours I was there.

memorable memory? gosh...

Alright, Memorable moment.

Another thing I just remembered was when we took a trip to Disney's Magic Kingdom for Grad Nite. I only went on Big Thunder Mountain twice...my friends aren't coaster fanatics like I am. If I had the chance, I would've gone on it a lot more. We also beat the crowd to Space Mountain. Sure, we had to wait awhile, but when we left the ride, the line extended past the entrance.

I took a night ride in the front row of Phantom's Revenge when it was 50 degrees and raining. The rain and cold was sort of painful, but the intensity and speed of that single coaster ride topped any other ride I've ever gotten on a coaster. I don't think I'll ever forget that trip to Kennywood.

It's not a rollercoaster moment as such... but more or less a waterpark moment that was hysterical. Me and Zaneymon were at Wet n Wild in Australia on Tuesday and lining up for the Kamikaze (Waterfun Sidewinder)... and I started to get nervous having to go backwards... and I was silent until it started to drop and I said a few choice words VERY loudly much to the public's amusement.

And later that night in the line for Tornado, I was randomly kicking my foot through the hole of the Cloverleaf tube and I didn't know Zane had his head down there and WHACK. Many laughs were had about that one... not to mention when they "evacuated" the slides and pools due to an electrical storm that was a epic fail to say the least.

The best rollercoastermoments i can remember from 2008 are........

My first ride ever on TPR's number 1 rollercoaster, Expedition GeForce, at 6am in the morning.

And my first rides ever on Nemesis (Alton Towers) at the end of the day, after this rollercoaster was broken down for almost the whole day.

3rd of January...Finally getting to ride Dueling Dragons. It was freezing cold, first run of the morning, with only 3 other people in the train. I was very happy I was able to finally ride it after years of wanting to visit.

I had quite a few.

Scooby Doo - Having no lines pretty much all day down at Movie World was awesome enough, but on this ride....it was fantastic. I met a cool group of friends there, and I won't forget it.

Giant Drop - Okay, maybe it's noa coaster. But it's the tallest drop tower in the freaking world!!!! I will NEVER forget it. Such an amazing ride.

Space Mountain (DL) - I have been to WDW when I was nine or so, so I don't really remember the whole "Disney Experience." Well, I got it this yeat at Disneyland. Space Mountain combined atmostphere, story, music, and a kick ass ride to make one big awesome coaster package! Will never be forgoten.

Kentucky Rumbler - Riding it over and over again right after the New Year in the freezing night was awesome. Oh, did I mention this ride is really, really good?

Extra-extra ERT on Expedition GeForce comes to mind (along with Elissa's stern expression as we all ran for the bus because of it). A close second would be the ERT on Troy.

I have a few as well. As some are not Coaster related they are park related.

Arriving a day early for A C E Day in Ney York at Darien and hearing all week Motocoaster was going to be down and it was open the night before and we ended up breaking it again (irony)

Talking my way across the Boarder with no Photo Id on the way to Canada's Wonderland.

Theme Park Review's B-Roll shoot on the Ravine Flyer 2 (thanks again Robb) It was so much fun.

The time I was scaring people at Ghost Lake and someone literly kidnapped me in their car.

And when I walked the Tracks of the Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake and had to hang upside down on it to hang up a banner.

Also being on the first two train rides at Conneaut Lake Park on Halloween. (thanks Greg and Park Restoration)

Looking forward to an even better 2009.