TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

I kept wondering why they don't advertise the ride over in that area. I also heard so many people in ride lines talking about going on Deja Vu. How come you guys were at the park on Saturday? I cant wait to get my money's worth out of the 2009 season pass. I mainly bought it for this new ride. In case anyone at the park is listening.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see its finally coming along....it will go up quickly I am sure....all of a sudden, you will show up, and voila...its there...or a good part of it.....they do seem to be going up quickly....now, on a side note, screamscape.com posted an article on Dec 5th, from the LA Times, an interview with Shapiro about the next new coaster for MM in 2010(as well as the Dubai park).....cant wait to see what thats going to be like....the article also mentioned that if Terminator is a success, then other parks will see clones in the next few years....

The Blue wall is blank probably because they just finished removing the Thomas Town logos stapled to it. I think some advertising is needed soon, people need something to get excited about at that end of the park.

Also Renegade construction started much earlier because eventually the project was slowed dramatically by harsh Minnesota winter which we don't have in California.

I was at the park on Sunday and wondered the same thing about lack of signs for the new ride. It does make sense though that they will be coming soon since Robb said that the fence had just gone up.

Without Deja Vu open that is really a dead area of the park for sure. I had no reason to be there other than to see what I could of the construction. I also agree with other posters that they need to do something with those buildings. They are really old and run down! Why not tear a few out and open up the view of Terminator?

I really am hoping they spruce up that whole area during the winter. Afterall, It will suddenly garner a whole lot more attention next year when the new ride opens. I'm also still wondering to what extent they will theme the area in and around the ride. Hmmmmmm?

Guy " Only time will tell." Koepp

• 2 weeks later...
Its nice to see its finally coming along....it will go up quickly I am sure....all of a sudden, you will show up, and voila...its there...or a good part of it.....they do seem to be going up quickly....now, on a side note, screamscape.com posted an article on Dec 5th, from the LA Times, an interview with Shapiro about the next new coaster for MM in 2010(as well as the Dubai park).....cant wait to see what thats going to be like....the article also mentioned that if Terminator is a success, then other parks will see clones in the next few years....

You just reminded me of an article that had been posted on the LA Times long before that interview, stating that SFMM was asked about getting SFNE's Dark Knight before it refused and instead wanted to build Terminator Salvation.

Somehow I now get the feeling that's what'll come to us in 2010, for the reasons that its small enough to fit within the park and its another family attraction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but could The Dark Knight fit within the space once taken up by Flashback?

You just reminded me of an article that had been posted on the LA Times long before that interview, stating that SFMM was asked about getting SFNE's Dark Knight before it refused and instead wanted to build Terminator Salvation.

Somehow I now get the feeling that's what'll come to us in 2010, for the reasons that its small enough to fit within the park and its another family attraction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but could The Dark Knight fit within the space once taken up by Flashback?

The Dark Knight from SFNE has already been shipped to Six Flags Mexico.

Honestly, I'm hoping that The Space That Once Belonged to Flashback will provide room for a good Hurricane Harbor expansion. That park is about due for one.

About SFMM's 2010 coaster, remember that Freefall left behind a nice chunk of open space. I suspect that's where it will go.

Eric

practical instead of logical.....as well as more appealing places in the park, that could bring more traffic to other areas of the park.....but, who knows where the park is planning on putting the next coaster....I am sure it will be great wherever it goes.....

Why is 'crowded' or 'cramped' a bad thing? Some of the cooler looking parks are awesome due to having rides on top of rides. And some ride experiences are improved by intertwining with more rides.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. Just look at Great Bear for instance. Not only does it have to make its way through several different rides, but it also wasn't allowed to have footers in the river because of zoning restrictions or something, and look at the result! The layout is great and totally unique, the ride is intense and was great for the park, and I bet before it was built not a single person would have ever thought a coaster would fit their.