TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more and more I see the animation for this new coaster, the more it looks like Kentucky Rumbler. A few subtle changes here and there and in the opposite direction. I love to see when parks are building coasters, it's quite interesting to say the least.

How long is the Kentucky Rumbler? I have to admit I was bit disappointed by the 2800 ft (approx) that was announced for Terminator.

I knew some things on the new site would come in handy:

GCI's rides listed from longest to shortest

Great Section!! More Coaster companies need to post documentation like this. Really diggin' the new GCI site.

Thanx Superman Fan.

^Please leave moderating to the moderators.

^^In the future, you can edit your post to add to your original comments. Simply click the edit post button right above your post. That's all there is to it!

^Please leave moderating to the moderators.

^^In the future, you can edit your post to add to your original comments. Simply click the edit post button right above your post. That's all there is to it!

Thanx for the heads up... sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to get a post up because of, you know... kids need Daddy for everything. I'll make sure to do an edit if I suddenly see something new after I post.

Thanx Again.

I almost headed out to the park today because...well, I just felt like it. Luckily, I remembered that there was an upcoming Saturday where SFMM was closed for a private event.

That day is today, as I learned by checking out the website before getting on the road. Maybe I'll just go tomorrow.

I'm hoping that the tower will be open so I can get a bird's eye view of the Terminator construction. The pictures I've seen here are nice, but there's nothing like seeing it first hand.

Eric

Because there just isn't that much to see. Here's what the site looked like yesterday....

term07.jpg.46d805e24650fb0154cab40d01ac55b8.jpg

And the real secret behind Terminator.

term06.jpg.1ec767c5490f8a636ac15dc7fa1bdb3e.jpg

A closer look at not much of anything.

term03.jpg.17e8235b4ea24af66f9ed33f5440be03.jpg

Hey look Great America fanboys! Deja Vu is running! =)

term02.jpg.bc0284a4d97bde71b2bdb508b30dcfd5.jpg

No cement poured yet. I'm assuming the rain this past week has halted that. I don't think rain helps out the curing process.

term01.jpg.cef45d020f4db3bdb9deda65c7f6e990.jpg

Piles of wood that will eventually become popsicle sticks!

term05.jpg.fe1511e263101da86b254ad1a113830a.jpg

Yup, even more popsicle sticks and one sad forklift. His wife has just left him for a bulldozer. :(

term04.jpg.1a5d7a80c12392cfde1a8946d307b7a1.jpg

The most noticable change was the increased amount of popsicle sticks.

Looking at where the Goliath sign is, what really is surprising me with it's location is the fact that I didn't know SFMM owned that land. I could be wrong but it looks like it outside of the park. So I'm wondering am I wrong, or is this is equivalent of Magic Mountain tossing dog poop over into the neighbors lawn?

In other news I agree that it doesn't look like much else has happened, and as Robb said, rain can really mess things up. Once they pour however I've always found that to be the most boring time of coaster construction, generally the entire will just sit there for several weeks doing nothing while the cement cures.

Looking at where the Goliath sign is, what really is surprising me with it's location is the fact that I didn't know SFMM owned that land. I could be wrong but it looks like it outside of the park. So I'm wondering am I wrong, or is this is equivalent of Magic Mountain tossing dog poop over into the neighbors lawn?

It's on their land. This picture below shows where it is...

Untitled-1.jpg.97cf4e641359668a9fd8d7172580c43d.jpg

Is it just me, or does the site of Terminator look like a big field with mysterious crop circles?

I almost went out to SFMM yesterday, but the winds were up and I didn't feel like going out there in the wind---of course, I don't know if it was windy at SFMM, but didn't want to chance it.

Sometime in the next couple of weeks, though, I want to get out there.

Maybe even ride Deja Vu!

Eric

Doesn't Deja Vu usually close from January to March every year anyway? I suspect they'll just take it down like normal, maybe for a bit longer, but just say annual maintenance/construction.

The bigger question is if they'll close off the midway by the Cold Stone and by Deja Vu making the park a giant U again like they did for Tatsu Construction. I would assume at some point they would to 'theme' or at least construct the entrance and any new infrastructure that area may be getting.

I think they will because with a new coaster with themeing like the Terminator. I think they need to retheme that whole area because in my opinion this would be the perfect time!

But on the other hand if they do retheme how could they fit Deja 'Vu?

Maybe throw in some Terminator stuff and then rename it Skynet: The Ride?