TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Please remember this is the "Terminator Salvation: The Ride Discussion Thread." Try to keep your posts to talking about this new attraction.

If you want to talk about when the best time to visit the park is, etc, please see the general "SFMM Discussion Thread" here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26782

Thank you!

--Robb

I stopped by the SFMM website to check park hours for the weekend, and noticed that they have something called "Under Funstruction" regarding Terminator. It looked interesting, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Check it out here.

Eric

I stopped by the SFMM website to check park hours for the weekend, and noticed that they have something called "Under Funstruction" regarding Terminator. It looked interesting, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Check it out here.

Eric

And in the pictures from that link it looks like a lift support being placed? Am I wrong? Looks like a very tall support so I figured maybe its a new picture from the past couple days and maybe the lift got started.

That bent is from the deadman turn, for which photos have already been posted. It just doesn't have the batters yet.

It'd be pretty crazy to have a lift bent that heavily banked

Good point, It was late and I had quite a few beers already when I posted so I was not exactly all there! haha

^ That's a nice site with lots of great pictures!

It amazes me that the Millennium Flyer trains still contain so much wood. These days, you'd think that trains would make use of a lot of steel or aluminum and fiberglass. I've wondered how well the trains hold up with the wear and tear of use.

Would it possible to provide trains without a "banister" as you call it on the front? That would make a for a great view, but I'd imagine there might be a safety issue or two.

Anyway, I look forward to three-and-a-half months from now at SFMM!

Eric

EDIT: I forgot to ask which CAD system is used at GCII? I'd guess SolidWorks, but I know AutoCAD is still common out there.

Hey guys. Quick update from this weekend, another turn and a lot of connecting transitions went up.

This thing is going up FAST!!!

-Jahan

11.JPG.d0893ca327c5ea4e4ebe588344e21fb7.JPG

One last shot of the two bigger turns that have gone up. Thanks for reading!

10.JPG.c51b74c6349e7d92bb08b712db9e5e1a.JPG

Still more bents in the back, awaiting erection!

9.JPG.a33c2bed0f7392c9fa7419afe762d458.JPG

Oooooh! Looks like they're prepping for more work behind Deja, on the other side of the ride!

8.JPG.a746ee3a5caaffe2d64428521ed401a4.JPG

The newest and the oldest construction, you can see all the new transitions and and the end of the ride sweeps around.

7.JPG.934341c205f654dd1e504e97040368c0.JPG

...and here's a close-up of what has primarily been completed so far.

6.JPG.bb728cb6a72acb12f42da9d73f84a4fe.JPG

Up in the SkyTower, here's an overview of the construction.

5.JPG.24bf3afc233e4483348383ec178f3d91.JPG

The original turn is still just chilling.

4.JPG.992c85b646047ae66fb3c00d2ea9652d.JPG

A shot by the old Psyclone sign. All of this added construction was despite some heavy rain (for SoCal).

3.JPG.2d6df2026dcf972a402a91658b873b41.JPG

The coaster isn't even half built, and it's already shaping the skyline on this side of the park!

2.JPG.43297f2c48814ffbd2d608ca846c07ec.JPG

Next to last week's turn, the final turn also went up this past week.

1.JPG.fd3d55e806fda70bb3eb346621600a42.JPG

"Hi. I'm Chris Fourmont. And welcome to the Terminator construction!"

Thanks for the awesome update. I can't believe how fast it is going up. That is extremely impressive. I can't wait to see what it looks like when complete.

I would also like to thank Chris for the welcome at the start of the tour. It made the Update a lot more enjoyable. lol