TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

MS Paint and Roller Coasters...I thought we had evolved past this!

Psh, I've totally evolved past this!

I use Adobe Illustrator now.

The latest rumor from Lance. His sources claim the ride will be very similar to New Texas Giant and will incorporate various over 90º banked turns as well as a thrilling twist.

2013 - Iron Rattler - Rumor - (8/28/12) In addition to the single inversion, Iron Rattler is said to take a queue from Texas Giant and feature a good number of 90º or more overbanked turns. One of these in particular is suppose to really provide a good thrill, as it will take place as the train leaves the cliff-top, banking as you go over the edge and dive towards the ground. Sounds incredible… and I don’t mind saying that at this point Iron Rattler could very well be one of the best new coasters of 2013 if it lives up to The Texas Giant.

Final Predictions for iRON Rattler : Tallest Drop, one inversion and insane amounts of air time. And inside the tunnel will be a DISCO TUNNEL

I'd love that soo much! Bring on the airtime! If this is as cool as I hope, I will definitely do my first Texas trip next summer and ride these 2 RMC giants!

All I know is that I hope they don't hold out til after Aug 30th to make their announcement. It seems like all of the other parks have pretty much stated they're making their announcements on 8/30 but it seems like SFFT has held out from saying anything about any announcements. *crossing my fingers* hope we hear something along with all of the other parks.

All I know is that I hope they don't hold out til after Aug 30th to make their announcement. It seems like all of the other parks have pretty much stated they're making their announcements on 8/30 but it seems like SFFT has held out from saying anything about any announcements. *crossing my fingers* hope we hear something along with all of the other parks.

Don't feel so bad, SFMM hasn't even acknowledged their is going to be a new ride or anything. We have heard anything out of them whether it be on facebook or anything.

Could use a full POV

I guess that's more of a zero g than straight up barrel roll, so they can still claim a first ever on this I guess. This looks so amazing though, and while amputating classic rides to make these things is somewhat sad, they seem to be turning out as incredible rides.

I have to give them credit for being very fluid with this ride and letting RMC do some tricks and change it up a little. When I left the park in early 2011 this ride was very much in the works. At the time there was both 100% topper track designs and IH designs floating around. All of them had some plus or minus to them and none of them had an inversion. It is good to see that in the end they continued to look at more concepts and not settle. RMC I think is going to be an new breed of coaster company and these IH coasters maybe the next "Big" think when it comes to coasters.

Ryan

main_SANAIronRattler.jpg.77e54ae787e0b133be91393d135cd5ba.jpg

Innovative Technology Drives Taller Drops, Faster Speeds and Steeper Banks and Turns

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the highly anticipated hybrid coaster Iron Rattler will make its’ dashing debut next spring at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

The Iron Rattler will be a unique technological marvel combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel, allowing for unprecedented smooth and swift over-banked turns and inversions never before experienced on either a traditional steel or wooden coaster. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track™©® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and will be the first to deliver an inverted barrel roll for an awe-inspiring adventure in and around the surrounding 100-ft. quarry wall setting!

With its unique construction, the Iron Rattler will have:

• A staggering drop of 171 feet with an amazing drop angle of 81 degrees.

• A blazing top speed of 70 mph.

• Four over-banked turns — more than any other hybrid coaster, and the first of its kind to

feature a completely inverted barrel roll.

The Iron Rattler will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel . “Six Flags has innovation as part of our DNA and the Iron Rattler will take extreme innovation to a new level with a taller drop, faster speed and steeper banks. This cutting-edge coaster truly marries the best of both classic and modern coaster designs to deliver heart-pounding thrills,” said park president Martin Bozer.

The steel track will be constructed by Rocky Mountain Construction Group, the same group that helped design the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas. According to Tim Baldwin, editor of Rollercoaster! Magazine, "The Rattler’s transformation is expected to be nothing short of spectacular. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry; it has only been done once before. The results were tremendous, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas' project should be equally amazing."

Edited by robbalvey

The video doesn't reveal much, but it looks great. The drop looks a lot taller... even though it won't be.

the first of its kind to feature a completely inverted barrel roll

Technically, it will even be the only of its kind with any inversion.

Looks amazing. From the looks of it, RMC have outdone themselves on the New Texas Giant and with the cliff and the barrel roll Iron Rattler has the potential to be even better in my opinion. I hope the guys also start rebuilding European coasters soon, some of them are in desperate need of a RMC treatment (Anaconda at Walygator, for instance although I seriously doubt this park spends any money to keep their coasters in good condition...)