TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

The colors are 100% important

But, no, seriously. RMC is remodeling so we have nothing to worry about, the ride could be puke green, neon yellow, i don't care, I have no doubt it my mind that this ride is going to kick ass and take names. I just have a vision in my head of royal blue rails, and it looks awesome.

^^ Well, they don't buy terrible coasters per say, but they do buy maintenance nightmares.

^ I also don't care about the color but I would love to see it brown so Six Flags can very easily trick the jeep into thinking it is a wooden coaster.

^^ That would be hilarious. I'm pretty sure 75% of the GP still thinks that NTAG is a wooden coaster, despite the fact that the track looks nothing like a typical wooden track. Pretty sure that even if they painted the NRAT tracks flourescent pink, the GP would still be talking about how it was an awesome "wooden" coaster.

So the latest rumor I've been hearing from my inside source is that The Rattler is Fiesta Texas' contribution to the resurrected Six Flags Ride Rotation. It is headed to Six Flags America where it will replace the Intamin Hyper. It will be rethemed and renamed "Superman: Ride of Wood".

So the latest rumor I've been hearing from my inside source is that The Rattler is Fiesta Texas' contribution to the resurrected Six Flags Ride Rotation. It is headed to Six Flags America where it will replace the Intamin Hyper. It will be rethemed and renamed "Superman: Ride of Wood".

It could feature a Superman statue out front with a noticable bulge poking out

^ Not Bizzaro?

Well, since there's nothing at all bizarre about it, that wouldn't really fit.

^^ That would be hilarious. I'm pretty sure 75% of the GP still thinks that NTAG is a wooden coaster, despite the fact that the track looks nothing like a typical wooden track.

68.3% of the GP never look at the track on a coaster.

Sorry I'm so late to reply and I completely forgot what I was going to type anyway.

Still laughing at the "being sold and relocated" idea.

I don't doubt that some employees are spreading that story, but there's no way it's true.

HOWEVER, if it did go to another park and that park decided to just set the helix on the ground instead of building a cliff wall for it, it could go from the big horseshoe turn into a bunny hop over the valley of the first drop, then hit that helix at about 55mph! That might even make it interesting, at least until your spine snapped.

How does it get back up to the MCBR? It doesn't need to, everyone's dead.

Had a horrible thought....

"New Rattler" is just stupid and too much like "New Texas Giant" with SFFT and SFOT being in the same market and all....

It could be that they'll keep the theme but change the name to (wait for it)....

Viper.

God, that would suck.

Back to the colors: brown supports (as is) and jet black rails. Paint the trains some ultra-bright red or royal blue or something that will really stand out.

^^

It could always be worse...... "New Giant Rattler" or they can always try to take "Diamondback" from KI. LOL

It just needs to be all brown, period. As far as trains, I'm sure they'd go with red or blue. I wonder if they'll bring back three train operation. Six flags should avoid paint at all cost since they can't even keep up with repainting the coasters they have. *cough*SKC*cough*

^

Right, because I'm sure that the steel Iron Horse track is brown in its unpainted state.

It would be pretty sweet to have steel-colored unpainted rails, but it could be more problematic than painted ones because rust.

I had also thought about Diamondback, but figured that SF would most likely recycle one of its own names, since they won't have to design a new logo.

^^

I know that, sarcasmo!!......I was referring to the fact that brown is more of a neutral tone so less noticeable. (IMHO) You make a good point about the rust though if they were unpainted....unless it was coated with some type of rust proof primer or something. Anyways....my other case in point is that Six Flags sucks at maintaining anything that involves paint. Remember SFAW? LOL j/j

"Runaway Mine Train" hasn't been used at Fiesta, and in that part of the park, with minimal additional themeing, it could work.

I'll bet Six Flags Over Texas has extra signage they could ship down