TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

Dive coasters have been enjoying quite the resurgence during the last few years (for example, at Cedar Point and Liseberg). The ride looks like fun, and I'm curious to see how well the queue is themed.

• Like 2

I watched the POV. I couldn't tell if they had masks on or not, but the park was doing a terrible job of making sure people were socially distancing in the queues. 

the renovation of the Carousel and a new front entrance plaza at St. Louis

We couldn't be happier...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, crash1984 said:

I started to bring up a similar point that I think we are past every park getting something every year, One big hint is the fact that this was announced when it was and was not part of an announcement day, With every park getting something having everything announced at once was kind of important as it further hammered in the point that every park was getting something. 

Maybe it is just me but I always hated everything being announced at once. It made the special rides seem less special and many of the rides really felt out of place being announced when they were. For instance if a park is getting a Larson Super Loop certainly they want to let people know it is coming but it would be better suited to announce just before opening day.

I will say, I am just a TAD bit sad that the announcement video is gone. I actually did enjoy those. It was kinda like a Christmas morning, waking up to see what each Six Flags park got. Granted, they were quite cheesy at times, but yeah it was like opening up a box of socks when you saw that your home park got a Super Loop. 😂 

At this point, I’m just wondering if they are going to tease the Magic Mountain coaster or not. 

someone on the FB group actually was so excited by this announcement that they wondered out loud what the "big" announcement from SFOT would be.

I'd think it will be "Aquaman PowerSplash" , no?

LOL

12 minutes ago, bert425 said:

someone on the FB group actually was so excited by this announcement that they wondered out loud what the "big" announcement from SFOT would be.

I'd think it will be "Aquaman PowerSplash" , no?

LOL

Yes, as previously stated, Aquaman Powerwave is wating on parts for the new turntable apparatus. The park management apparently came to their senses and realized that a one train operation on this thing would be insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A great addition and a spot-on location. A quarry-wall drop would have looked cool from an observer's perspective, but these rides look great free-standing as a central attraction as well. Excellent choice for this particular park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

The park management apparently came to their senses and realized that a one train operation on this thing would be insane.

Glad to hear that they opted for this in the end. It seems like it'd make a big difference.

• Like 1

might be a good time to visit the park - if the expected crowds (it was expected to be PACKED) don't show.

this was supposed to start tomorrow and run for 10 days, so kinda shocking they pulled the plug the night before (gotta wonder if something else is going on and they are pointing blame?)

227938740_4083599551757965_2957927654273

CELEBRITY FAN FEST IS CANCELLED

Last night at approximately 7:30pm CST, we were formally notified by the talent representatives of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen that both celebrities were cancelling their appearance at Celebrity Fan Fest due to the “recent spike in COVID cases and the aggressive nature of the Delta variant …..” Owen Wilson also cancelled for unclear reasons. The loss of all three Celebrity Fan Fest headliners forces us to cancel this year’s show. The overwhelming majority of all 2021 Celebrity Fan Fest attendees were linked to those three celebrities and without them attending, fans would not attend. This led to the very tough decision to cancel the show.

Here is what all fans/purchasers can expect:

1. All Celebrity Fan Fest purchases of admission tickets and passes, autographs and photo ops will be 100% refunded within 30 days.

2. Six Flags Fiesta Texas will still grant any Celebrity Fan Fest admission ticket holder access into their park FREE of CHARGE from Friday July 30th through Sunday August 8th. Please visit the Celebrity Fan Fest table inside the theme park security gate, show your Celebrity Fan Fest admission confirmation email and we will issue your free admission ticket.

49 minutes ago, Arthur_Seaton said:

A great addition and a spot-on location. A quarry-wall drop would have looked cool from an observer's perspective, but these rides look great free-standing as a central attraction as well. Excellent choice for this particular park.

No doubt! I love its central location in the park. The sightlines will be incredible with the first drop being at an angle for guests entering the park and then the second drop facing straight towards the entrance! Not to mention this will be in the top 3 tallest coasters in the park behind Iron Rattler and Superman. 

6 hours ago, prozach626 said:

It's open for interpretation.

Just like what constitutes a "new" ride for SFSTL, which will probably just be our delayed flat that was supposed to go in for this year. I'm happy for you all down there but our poor park (one of the original 3 ground up parks for Six Flags) just quietly celebrated our 50th anniversary. I mean it was very very quiet. We got new paint, and some fireworks, and a new kid's structure in HH......oh wait that isn't done yet despite there only being about a month left of waterpark operations. Pfffft. 🙄

Seriously though congratulations to SFFT and those of you lucky enough to have it as your home park!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, crash1984 said:

One big hint is the fact that this was announced when it was and was not part of an announcement day......

I still wouldn't rule out a Six Flags announcement day. SFFT also announced Wonder Woman separately from the other park announcements.

Wow, this is a really nice addition for SFFT. I also think B&M might really be on to something here with this "budget" (for them) dive coasters that run about 2,500 feet of track and stand about 150 ft tall. Emperor at SWSD is basically the same thing. Obviously that's still a really big buy for a midsized park or a park in the Six Flags chain, but it does open up the possibility. That B&M door had basically been closed to anyone but big spenders for a long time now.

• Like 2

I am pretty bummed that this did not dive off of the actual existing cliff that this park is built within... BUT, this appears to be a fantastic addition to a park that I absolutely loved visiting for the first time this year. It sounds like they are adding a queue experience to Poltergeist which makes it even more awesome: I thoroughly enjoyed the pre-ride experience on Joker and it definitely made the wait better.  Hopefully they are bringing the same vibe to Polty.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, tndank said:

Talk about lesser known DC characters.  I think this one qualifies.

Looks like a great addition for the park. I look forward to riding it next year or two. 

23 hours ago, bert425 said:

DC character?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this Dr. Diabolical, but yeah if it is, definitely a deep dive...the character has only had one comic appearance, in 1968.

Either way, while I'm not a huge fan of dive coasters (they never seem to do very much and this does not appear to be an exception), great addition to a park that I one day hope to get to.

Though I am confused as to the 7-across seating...why not just go with the standard 6 or 8?

I'd guess for clearances needed for the trains. . . because that is a pretty tight space in the center of the park there.

as to Dr. Diabolical. . yeah. . not that 1-off character (certainly not form Inferior 5, which was a humor comic).
I didn't realize he was making a joke...thought he was serious in thinking it was based on something DC.   Comic fan here since I was 5, and I'm a DC fanboy.

8-wide was probably too wide (and would require the large track like Valravn/Yukon I assume), and perhaps 6 didn't have the capacity they wanted. I actually like 7-wide, it gives an exact center seat which is extremely rare on a coaster. The only others I can think of are those janky Zamperla Thunderbolt coasters.

The reason I find the 7-wide surprising, however, is because it's a new custom train, which costs more money I would guess. Rather than just grabbing an existing train design from Emperor/Valkyria or Valravn/Yukon. Everything about this whole project is very unlike Six Flags and I love it.

• Like 1

I'm inventing a new drinking game called "take a shot every time somebody wishes that this dived off the quarry wall." I'll take the themeing over the diving off the quarry wall.  I'm pretty sure I've watched every analysis video and nearly every single one has talked about the fact that it isn't on the quarry wall. 

(For reference, Superman was announced to have a ton of themeing, but they underestimated how much it was cost to stabilize the quarry wall and they had to nix the themeing due to the cost of adding extra support for the wall.) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joelwee said:

I still wouldn't rule out a Six Flags announcement day. SFFT also announced Wonder Woman separately from the other park announcements.

Yeah but that was because CGA was announcing RailBlazer before the big Six Flags announcement day was scheduled and SFFT moved theirs since WW was the firs Raptor coaster. Jeffery Siebert did say a couple weeks ago there would be no big announcement video from Six Flags this year.

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

8-wide was probably too wide (and would require the large track like Valravn/Yukon I assume), and perhaps 6 didn't have the capacity they wanted. I actually like 7-wide, it gives an exact center seat which is extremely rare on a coaster. The only others I can think of are those janky Zamperla Thunderbolt coasters.

The reason I find the 7-wide surprising, however, is because it's a new custom train, which costs more money I would guess. Rather than just grabbing an existing train design from Emperor/Valkyria or Valravn/Yukon. Everything about this whole project is very unlike Six Flags and I love it.

it's VERY much like Jeffrey Siebert tho . . he's done some AMAZING things since he's been Park President.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LegendLover said:

I'm pretty sure I've watched every analysis video

My condolences.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, LegendLover said:

I'm inventing a new drinking game called "take a shot every time somebody wishes that this dived off the quarry wall." I'll take the themeing over the diving off the quarry wall.  I'm pretty sure I've watched every analysis video and nearly every single one has talked about the fact that it isn't on the quarry wall. 

(For reference, Superman was announced to have a ton of themeing, but they underestimated how much it was cost to stabilize the quarry wall and they had to nix the themeing due to the cost of adding extra support for the wall.) 

I'm with you, I could care less about the quarry wall. Superman uses it, great, but this thing is going to look great where it's at.