TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

To the locals of KI, besides heading to Diamondback first thing when I visit, what rides should I try to run to? FoF? Or will I even have to worry about lines since I will be going on April 25th (weekend after opening?)

Invertigo or whatever it's called now (the old Face/Off) always has a SLOW line, so I'd hit that before the crowd gets in the action zone too badly. Firehawk also is a capacity nightmare sometimes. I actually wouldn't be too worried about Diamondback's line as long as they have all the trains running. Also, if you're interested in all the credits, you might actually want to hit up the kiddy coasters early in the day, as they can get very crowded on a weekend afternoon.

-James Dillaman

Good to see it testing already. Looks fantastic. BUT remember it is still very cold and everything was Off. If it ran like that in the summer it would be awesome but I do not see that happening. I don't think they will be testing the trims till it gets more warmed up.

just my thoughts

JEFF

To the locals of KI, besides heading to Diamondback first thing when I visit, what rides should I try to run to? FoF? Or will I even have to worry about lines since I will be going on April 25th (weekend after opening?)

More than likely, most of the lines will be on Diamondback, but since it's still early season, expect there to be longer lines in general. As for attractions, heres what I usually hit:

-Vortex: Awesome Arrow if you dont mind a bit of headbanging. A backseat ride gives some great floater air of the first drop.

-Beast: Another KI classic, not to be missed.

-Crypt: Probabbly my favorite flat in the park. Great Topspin.

-Drop Tower: Another awesome flat, great air if you do it right.

-Son of Beast: The S&M coaster, it can be fun but only if your willing to take a beating to get it.

-FoF and Firehawk: Fun, but have had longer lines over the last few years. Don't know if DBack will change that, but I'm hoping it will drag some attention away from that side of the park.

-Backlot: Fun family coaster with some airtime depending where you sit.

-Other credits

-Avatar and Scooby if you have time to screw around in Nick Central.

I would personally run to Son of Beast or Firehawk first as they have some of the slowest lines in the park... Behemoth at CW had a very fast moving line, which at full queue was only like 45minutes. During the SOAR event you could see where the queue was going and I thought it was far to small. It looked even smaller than behemoths and that queue was WAY to small for the crowds it pulled in.

Geez so much has happened since I've been on this website. I got a txt from KICentral that said Diamondback was testing and I came here to check out all the other "crap" that's been going on. It's amazing how much school can take away from your life. XP I can't wait to ride this monster in the summer!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping!

During testing, the coaster trains have been flying around the course, up and over all the hills. The on-ride animation that was first released when the ride was announced showed the MCBR barely slowing the train at all.

When Mr. Helbig was asked about the MCBR and how much it would affect the trains speed, I believe he commented that you would hardly notice it.

Granted, nothing will give us an official answer till April 18th when the ride opens to the public, but all indications so far seem to point to Diamondback moving with a little more speed than some of the other B&M hypers.

If the MCBR does in fact basically do nohting... those last two bunny hops are gonna give huge air, and that final helix is going to be intense... because right now, as they test, its booking it up through the last stage of the ride

^Isn't it to relieve stress on the trains or something? If there wasn't a trim on Raging Bull, that ride would be so much better.
Trims are usually added for preventative maintenance measures or to lower the G-forces being exerted on riders.

It looks really good, now if only they could run Behemoths midcourse brake like that .

I don't think they can run Behemoths MCBR like that because there is a very intense helix that immediately follows. I would think that the helix is intense enough already. Correct me if I am wrong.

^ That empty seat is probably where they'll put the accelerometer to record the g-forces.

I doubt it'll run this well when it opens. Behemoth also ran much faster during testing then it did when it opened. So it'll probably be slowed down a bit before opening.

Though it does look pretty damn good so far.