TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^^^^Saturdays during Haunt were definitely a lot busier than Fridays and could get crazy, but I can't speak to FL+ being worth it or not for you guys. Are you trying to do all the Haunt mazes too?

Doing everything isn't ever really in our agenda. We just like to ride whatever we want whenever we want. The people we're going with are smart with their money. If we're not skipping a lot of time off of the lines, they'll likely be pretty unimpressed, to say the least... I just don't want there to be any moments of "Wtf we bought these $100 passes and wasted our money, because there are no lines."

Just about every saturday haunt I have gone to the last 5-6 years has been stupid crowded in the evening. If weather is nice you can almost guarantee large crowds.

There is a possibility of me being at the park that day. If it happens I will not interrupt your day with random stranger meetup talk but rather point for a picture with you in the background if I see you.

I am a little confused, did a TV station in Orlando just accidentally announce Kings Islands 2018 attraction?

Check out this tweet.

A new bread of #RollerCoaster from #Orlando: Join us on @MyNews13 tonight inside @SkylineAttrax, w/ @KingsIslandPR & @sixflagsDK 2018 ride.

So is Kings Island getting a Skywarp? Any chance someone in the Orlando area watched the news or is there any chance it's possible to watch it on demand somehow? I checked the channels website and I do not see anything.

I am a little confused, did a TV station in Orlando just accidentally announce Kings Islands 2018 attraction?

Check out this tweet.

A new bread of #RollerCoaster from #Orlando: Join us on @MyNews13 tonight inside @SkylineAttrax, w/ @KingsIslandPR & @sixflagsDK 2018 ride.

So is Kings Island getting a Skywarp? Any chance someone in the Orlando area watched the news or is there any chance it's possible to watch it on demand somehow? I checked the channels website and I do not see anything.

I couldn't find anything either, but that seems like a pretty odd park to name by accident for an Orlando news station. And, honestly, it seems like a decent fit for KI.

I hope to see a giga in the next 3 years.

A man can dream, but I don't think a giga will happen. It's just not necessary with as well rounded of a line-up the park has.

In that case, what type of coaster do you think the park will add next? I'd be content with a giga or dive coaster. I guess it's possible for them to add an RMC, although Mystic Timbers was just added and the GP might just view that as another wooden coaster.

I know Kings Island is quite a few years away from a new major coaster, but if HangTime goes over well at Knott's, I'd love to see Kings Island get a Gerstlauer Infinity. The park could use some type of vertical lift/beyond vertical drop/dive coaster, if we're talking "holes" in the line-up. They are already so well-rounded as is.

^I don't see it happening, but who knows. Seems a little small scale for King's Island. I personally think it will be a lot longer than a few years before KI gets the next coaster. Whatever it is, it will likely compliment CP'S line-up, as opposed to competing with it.

^I don't see it happening, but who knows. Seems a little small scale for King's Island. I personally think it will be a lot longer than a few years before KI gets the next coaster. Whatever it is, it will likely compliment CP'S line-up, as opposed to competing with it.

I was thinking the same thing. If the park gets a dive coaster, it will more than likely be a B&M. I'm not sure what the park could add that would compliment Cedar Point though. Another launched coaster would be nice.

Dive coasters are so few and far between in the US that I don't see CF putting two of them so close to one another. As much as I believe a Giga really would make the most sense long term, my gut tells me that CP won't want to dethrone MF from the Midwest. A full fledged raptor, as a poster said earlier, would be a nice inevitable replacement for Vortex. Either way, be prepared to wait a long time.

RMC Raptors aren't very good with capacity, do you think they'd add one at a park as popular as KI? I can see one easily being placed at a park like MiA or VF. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think the next coaster will go behind Banshee or in X-Base. I can't see Vortex closing in the next 5-10 years, it's still very popular and the capacity isn't dreadful. I'd see them removing the Bat before Vortex.