TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Anyone gonna be at Kings Island Wednesday? Possibly wanna meet up and hang out? I am heading up for the whole day Wednesday and part of the day Thursday. I have been to several parks by myself but it is definitely better to have someone to hang out with haha.

Just wondering about a few things...going to Kings Island on Friday for the day. Instead of getting a souvenir bottle that we have to carry around, I saw on the website that you can get a paper cup that you don't carry for the day...how do you buy that? Also Beast night rides, since the park is open until 10 that night, when is a good time to get in line for a night ride?

I get people are paying a premium to wait in shorter lines, but they should limit the number of FL per load cycle to something around 1/4 to 1/3 the total added to the station from the queue. I've seen them add half a train to the station from the FL lines, which effectively would "double" the wait for the queue.

It is only for season pass holders only apparently. In other words, its not been busy at all. The only longer waits have been Diamondback and Mystic Timbers which was 30 minutes according to the app. I'm not an actual enthusiast but MT was fun. My husband had to ride the old Scooby Doo ride and it had a wait. Whoever said guns were broken were right. Our blasters was junk and didn't work the greatest. Still here and since someone said they had flying eagles we had to find it so in line for it.

I get people are paying a premium to wait in shorter lines, but they should limit the number of FL per load cycle to something around 1/4 to 1/3 the total added to the station from the queue. I've seen them add half a train to the station from the FL lines, which effectively would "double" the wait for the queue.

It is only for season pass holders only apparently. In other words, its not been busy at all. The only longer waits have been Diamondback and Mystic Timbers which was 30 minutes according to the app. I'm not an actual enthusiast but MT was fun. My husband had to ride the old Scooby Doo ride and it had a wait. Whoever said guns were broken were right. Our blasters was junk and didn't work the greatest. Still here and since someone said they had flying eagles we had to find it so in line for it.

I visited the park yesterday evening and we were pleased to find it not too busy. Mystic (and probably FoF) had the longest lines, about 30-40 min, Banshee and others were 5 minute waits, at most. We still LOVE Mystic more at night and of course... Beast at night!

I had a few questions pop into my head though.

First, I thought I remembered management at Coasterstock mentioning there would be mazes going away and new mazes added this year. However, it looks like this website just lists the same ones from last year. I'm not sure if this is in the incorrect site or if they haven't announced the mazes for Haunt yet, although I saw someone mentioned Cedar Point did. If they haven't, does anyone know when they usually announce these things? Being there yesterday made me very excited for Haunt.

Second, we'll find out in 4 days anyway, but any chances we see a new ride next year?

Third, we were discussing the shed and the songs in the shed, and we agreed that three of the songs were "Maneater," "Total Eclipse of the Heart," and "Cars." From Googling we jogged my memory that the 4th song we've heard is "Can't Take My Eyes off of You." However, this was the version people linked on another site, but it doesn't seem correct from what we remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvPvUmEzoE

Does anyone know what version exactly they play in the shed or at least what portion of the song is played?

^^ At Coasterstock it was announced one haunted house would be closing which is why the list looks so similar. The house that is missing is Sorority House which is located in the back of the attitudes building.

There is a rumor attitudes, Coney Potato Works, and the Coney Confections buildings will be torn down to make room for the 2018 construction. At this point Screamscape is reporting return of the antique cars, and I have also seen reports of a smokehouse similar to what was built in the water park. Both of which actually seem likely to me.

Went to Kings Island yesterday and had a blast especially since it wasn't that busy. I figured it'd be crazy but maybe kids were back in school. Longest wait I had was for Mystic Timbers, which I understand with it being new. In line for another ride the people in front of me were complaining about Vortex. I finally rode Banshee yesterday but couldn't get my hubby to ride. I didn't ride Beast as it gave me a headache as well as a beating years ago when I rode it He's never ridden a coaster and I couldn't even get him to ride stunt coaster. If anybody here has a good idea to help him get over his fear, let me know. I have a fear of heights myself, but if I'm strapped in I'm good to go on about anything.

Apparently new additions has interested my husband. He kept saying on way home he hopes it's a good flat or waterpark ride. I kind of hope we can get a water coaster but it needs to be good like Holiday World's. Flat ride wise I wonder if they can add a tilt a whirl or something else that can spin.

IMG_20170811_223112_738.thumb.jpg.115b6dcad5a3599cd55ac3daf568bf83.jpg

The end of Diamondback on our way back to Mystic Timbers.

IMG_20170811_223134_754.thumb.jpg.274b9d9c1639ff5c462faaf2a05a1279.jpg

Eiffel Tower...i've went up this several times within the last 3-4 years so we didn't make a trip up there.

IMG_20170811_223226_800.thumb.jpg.52f0650397bae2cfc613183e5f50c6b1.jpg

Mystic Timbers...fun new ride. I didn't realize how close it was to other rides when on it.of course it had the longest wait being brand new.

IMG_20170811_223603_585.thumb.jpg.ff7264dc714e7e27bf852823decfa375.jpg

Poor SOB. I never got to ride it but from what I've read, I didn't miss anything.

IMG_20170811_223655_629.thumb.jpg.27c178ea82ee0c7c78922fe24eaf8e5d.jpg

Hubby wouldn't ride but I finally got a ride as it wasn't that long of a wait.

^ I really like that photo of the first drop of MT - thanks for sharing.

The only thing that you missed out by not riding SoB is a chiropractor bill that your insurance wouldn't cover. It literally was the most painful, horrible coaster that I have ever ridden in my entire life. I am soooo glad that Banshee took it's place!

Anybody know what's been going on with bat? Seems like it's been down for at least a week.

My friend was at the park last week 2 days and it was down both days and today I stopped in at the park and it was posted at the front of the park that it would not operate today.

Was at the park just briefly this morning on our way through town, first time since 2007 - and I have to say, I was blown away. The park was beautiful. Way nicer than I remember it being. It felt like an entirely different park. It was well-kept, nicely landscaped, nicely filled out, more modern, clean, and the crews were just killing it. Had a wonderful couple hours. Just had time to ride what was new to me (Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, and Banshee), and really enjoyed all three. I was highly, highly impressed

The only thing that you missed out by not riding SoB is a chiropractor bill that your insurance wouldn't cover. It literally was the most painful, horrible coaster that I have ever ridden in my entire life. I am soooo glad that Banshee took it's place!

I rode SoB in its first couple years (I think it was May/June 2002?) and while it was rough, I didn't think it was bad at all. I know it got much worse later on its life and Banshee is a huge improvement over what SoB became, but early on I really enjoyed it.

As for the report, nice pictures! I like that SoB tombstone and I love the Diamondback splashdown. When I was there a couple months ago I rode back left wing and ended up soaking my entire arm on it.

I rode SoB the week it was opened and as soon as a few hours before the last accident if I am remembering right could be wrong that could have been the first accident. Anyway i was younger and weighed a lot less when I did the majority of my riding on it. Like Vortex as a kid it was easy to deal with the roughness but I don't even ride Vortex anymore and I am sure SoB would be the same if it were still open. After they Took the loop out there was no real reason for me to want to ride it as that gimmick was gone and the ride was a very boring layout to me. I do think other than a couple of rides I had on it it remained consistent in its roughness though.

^^ I wished that I could have tried it once in the front seat at night with the loop, but I agree that the layout was pretty awful.

It was like they took the two final helices of the Beast and stretched them out for a couple of miles into this long, monotonous jackhammer-fest.

To me, the worst part of SoB, was after the loop! I don't know why exactly, but that last portion of the ride just KILLED my back! I literally had back pain for days after riding it... Only time that's ever happened in my many years of coaster riding...

Speaking of SOB, even though its completely gone now, I'm still bothered by the placement of the on ride photo! Why, why, why on earth was it placed right before you engaged the lift hill?! I'll never understand that lol!