TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoy a cold one Pour one out for your homies Bam! You just bought two.

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

Just checking in to say that my Kings Island visit started out fun, but turned not so fun with me spilling protein all over my clothes about 2:30pm, which ended my day early. Still got on six unique coasters (including both sides of Racer). Of the coasters I got on, Banshee was my favorite, while I didn't get over toward Beast, Diamondback, or Mystic Timbers. Definitely incentive to come back to KI when it's not 95 degrees and humid.

Just checking in to say that my Kings Island visit started out fun, but turned not so fun with me spilling protein all over my clothes about 2:30pm, which ended my day early.

Haha, wtf? That sucks.

Just checking in to say that my Kings Island visit started out fun, but turned not so fun with me spilling protein all over my clothes about 2:30pm, which ended my day early.

Haha, wtf? That sucks.

Glad I'm not the only person that laughed at this.

Finally getting an adult trip free of kids to the park. Leaving work at 2:30 to hopefully get a lot of rides in.

I'm visiting Monday, June 19th with a Fast Lane Plus pass. I'm by myself and looking for another single rider with a Fast Lane Plus pass that would like to spend the day riding coasters and other rides.

Any single riders heading to King's Island on Monday, June 19th looking for a riding buddy? I have the Fast Lane Plus pass and I'm looking for a coaster/ride fanatic to spend the day with.

Love my kids and love taking them to the park but dammit it is time to ride some real rides for a bit. Thank you!

So, now that I've been to Cedar Point during ths past CoasterMania! weekend...this is my question for Kings Island...

IMG_4013.JPG.a7604b170a4e5b23c77a8c980587db49.JPG

#whatsinthisshed? :p (Cedar Point, are you reading this suggestion? Add tunnels to both ends, enclose and you got it!)

Flight of Fear occasionally surprises me when it's sometimes okay to stuff your bag under your legs when hopping on the train. Only coaster there that lets ya do that, it seems. Don't go in expecting this, though. Person outside the ride queue might get you to rent a locker.

I'm genuinely curious what people without kids carry around where they would need lockers, with the exception of photographers. I guess I'm a minimalist.

Honestly, we thought paying a buck an hour was cheap, and so just spent $6 bucks, and kept anything important/fragile in it all day. We returned to it once or twice, but it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I had an extra set of clothes and towel for the water park and a camera for the dry side when I was last there. Since I hardly pulled my camera out of my bag though, I'm probably gonna leave it at home the next time I'm at the park and go bagless. It's hard to photograph at the park anyways when you're too busy enjoying the rides.

Flight of Fear occasionally surprises me when it's sometimes okay to stuff your bag under your legs when hopping on the train. Only coaster there that lets ya do that, it seems. Don't go in expecting this, though. Person outside the ride queue might get you to rent a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

FoF hasn't required lockers in years. Even before they allowed bags at your feet, they had bins at the rear of the station, that were accessible upon exit. Backlot and Bat also allow you to keep bags at your feet.

Mini trip report from my kid free visit to my home park with no pictures because I didn't have time for that sh*t.

The park was empty with it being a Thursday and the threat of storms all evening. We got there at 4 and stayed until close finishing out the night on Mystic Timbers while the fireworks were going off. Things I saw of note a protein spill that went from the top of the exit of the Banshee station all the way down the steps and to the gift shop. Whoever this person was They packed in the food I have never seen so much puke. I also saw whom I believe to be a member of this forum that most recently on here made a processing in video for Cedar Point. I cannot remember his name but he was taking video and chatting with friends and as I am not overly awkward enthusiast I let this person be and enjoy their day.

The longest we waited was 15 minutes for a front seat night ride on Beast yes that is how empty the park was and we timed it well enough to be the last train before they suspended operations for the fireworks. Very few if any elements on a coaster can match the Beasts double helix at night after all these years it still blows me away.

I had a weird urge to take pictures and point at stuff while I was at the park but it never manifested.

This was the first time I believe since 2014 where my wife and I got a legitimate day to enjoy the park kid free and because of that we appreciated every single thing we rode and had a blast. Even though we grew up with this park things felt fresh new and exciting to us.

Mystic Timbers is still an incredible coaster I cant seem to get enough of it and outside of Beast night rides it is my favorite in the park.

ride count:

Banshee 2x

The Bat

origins show

Delirium

Adventure express

Scrambler

Bumper Cars

Shake Rattle and roll

Flight of fear

Windseeker

Backlot Stunt coaster