TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I saw the first picture of green track outside CSF about a week or two ago. I have heard the ride would be green and orange but I also do not remember hearing that until after the first piece of green track appeared so I do not put much faith in it. On the other hand Don posted about photo ops in Batavia just days before the first piece of green track.

Yes it is real, here are some more

NOTE: if original poster or site asks me to take them down I will.t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sure is purdy! I love green track!

Does no one else notice the yellow and grey (yes, grey, NOT unpainted) tracks?

My guess would eliminate giga as the track connectors are different.

Oh, just a little fun blast from the past:

image.jpeg.38c5406107912ad1f0b1847e4c3a00a7.jpeg

It's the green track!

I believe this photo means nothing, but it would be interesting if Cedar Fair purchased a green hyper after all.

I haven't been to the CW thread yet today, to see if they're talking about this there, but did anybody consider that this track might be for the "Ziz" Wingrider likely going into CW next year? Just sayin'... I still think wood is likely for KI's 2017 project, if I were a betting man...

I haven't been to the CW thread yet today, to see if they're talking about this there, but did anybody consider that this track might be for the "Ziz" Wingrider likely going into CW next year? Just sayin'... I still think wood is likely for KI's 2017 project, if I were a betting man...

Can you elaborate on this proposed wingrider?

^Well, it all started around 2 years ago when skyrider was getting removed and we heard that it was because of a "Very large project". So we thought that since we have leviathan and behemoth all we needed was a coaster called "ziz" for the trio in the Jewish mythologie.

Since Ziz is a creature that fly's we thought it might be a wingrider.

But recently, we heard about all the land clearing around are wooden coaster called minebuster. So we thought it might be an rmc'redo of the coaster. Since cedar fair tests most of there new attractions at cw. So if the rmc'ing hits off, they will probably do the same thing to other woodies across the chain of parks.

Is Ziz well known to Canadians? Here in the States, Leviathan and Behemoth are well known, but Ziz is extremely obscure. Literally the only time I've ever heard the name is on this site, in connection with the rumored coaster.

Know to Jews because it's there mythology. The only time we mentioned it is for the rumored coaster.

Okay, so it's similar then, unknown to the culture at large.

We have a lot of mythological creatures, some of which are very well known to the culture at large. Hydra, Phoenix, and Griffon are very good names for roller coasters, because the creatures are familiar and terrifying. At the same time, I'm not holding my breath for a ride called Amphisbaena.

It seems to me that this whole Ziz thing is just the product of an echo chamber. One person who is into mythology mentioned it and others have latched on to it, because it just makes too much sense not to be true. From a marketing perspective, the name Ziz just sucks. That's the most compelling argument for why this isn't going to happen.