TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I can tell you that all SOB merchandise has been pulled from the KI stores as of this weekend.

You can still find SOB stuff if it is packaged with other KI stuff, but no stand alone SOB stuff will be out.

I was there thur aug 6 son of beast stuff was in the 75% off store in the front got 3 shirts for 20 bucks

I was at the park on Sunday, and yes the ride was open. They are so good with the wait signs in that park, the sign said 90 minutes and that factored in the 20 - 30 minute downtime.

On another note they have moved the seperator person aout 20' back in the queue by the final turnaround in the switchback. More though, they had all the misters going full blast, and they were making announcements regarding the need to drink lots of water - not soda pop, not alcohol, not energy drinks,but lots and lots of water" I've been to the park on plenty of hot days,and never before had I heard them stress drinking water quite so much, and then only in Firehawk's queue.

Could that have been a contributing factor? Hence why the Firehawk crew was mentioning it so much.

But park officials said they were not satisfied with the ride experience and would decide what to do with the Son of Beast ride during the offseason.

How often does a park say their own ride isnt any good? Normally thats something you read in a press release after the ride has closed for good...

For some reason, even though it was a design marvel with a loop back in the day, I just never liked Son of Beast. Can't tell you why, other than there was just a dark cloud over it in my mind. Sounds like it's on it's way out if the merch is being sold off cheap. Get yer collector fridge magnets now friends.

I sure hope it's not leaving. When the park opened to the public at Ride Warriors Weekend I was on the second train of the day (blue train.) It was an AMAZING ride. It wasn't a rough ride at all. Later that night before ERT on Diamondback we went on it in about the sixth row in the red train, i think. It wasn't quite the same as earlier in the day.