TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

Fast Lane + is gone.  There is only Fast Lane. The former FastLane + rides are now included in FL.

I have had each meat option at Grain and Grill, my faves are the beef and pork.  The couscous salad is the best side they have!  They did downsize the indoor seating to accommodate cashiers and drink machines. 

Pull pork fries at Potato Works is on the meal plan!  You will not be disappointed.

• Like 4

On 5/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, B&MBoy1982 said:

Fast Lane + is gone.  There is only Fast Lane. The former FastLane + rides are now included in FL.

I have had each meat option at Grain and Grill, my faves are the beef and pork.  The couscous salad is the best side they have!  They did downsize the indoor seating to accommodate cashiers and drink machines. 

Pull pork fries at Potato Works is on the meal plan!  You will not be disappointed.

That is very interesting about FL. I checked on the website and it doesn't seem the price has really increased or if it did not by a noticeable amount. Hmmm wonder why and if that is chain wide or an experiment or what?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mikeykaise said:

I know the main change to Adventure Express has been to the ques, but have they mentioned any changes to the ride itself?

Nothing specific.  Just "a relocated queue line and additional theming."  They did show a concept art with slightly different moving statues in the final lift hill area.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tndank said:

Looks like single use FL passes are coming to KI. Pics of the booth to sell them have appeared this week.

The end is nigh.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AmyUD06 said:

Nothing specific.  Just "a relocated queue line and additional theming."  They did shown a concept art with slightly different moving statues in the final lift hill area.

oh no!

changes to the masturbating Idol?   :(

• Haha 5

Hey Everyone!

I've been meaning to post this report for a while...lol... I visited KI last summer, and went to Knott's and Disney in the fall with every intent of doing full TR's for them. However...due to some work and life stuff...I never got around to it. So, with my impending trip to texas next week I decided I might as well play catchup and try and get these things done before I forget again! It's not gonna be as long as normal but we'll see what I can whip up!

Kings Island was...great. I think that's the best summation of this park...great. Not perfect, not good, not "the best", but great. It felt like a park where no matter what you could come and have a guaranteed great time, and that was something I really enjoyed.

IMG_20220715_094525.thumb.jpg.7d3e0eb569908ba6252a65382d790d30.jpg

It might be a little controversial, but Orion just stole the show for me. It was huge, fast, and fun, albeit a bit short but not offensively short. I do feel like some more length (and not a hilariously debatable height status...) would have benefited the ride, but hey it's a B&M Giga/Hyper. I could think of plenty of parks that would beg to have Orion if KI fans really don't want it... Not my favorite coaster but definitely a top 10

IMG_20220715_114853.thumb.jpg.c4c0a54888580e83356471bfbfd2fead.jpg

Earlier on the trip I was able to ride Prowler at WoF, which instantly took the crown of my favorite wooden coaster. Knowing the relative similarities between Prowler and Mystic Timbers, I was excited to experience a more modern, refined (and arguably better maintained) version of my new favorite. And while Mystic did edge out Prowler as my favorite, it did so barely. It was mostly the theming and reality of being in the legendary shed that did it though I think. I thought Prowler was more aggressive, and had the stronger layout so if KI's wooden coaster crews could just take a field trip to WoF please that be great!

IMG_20220715_102029.thumb.jpg.f8317213d1217c094134cd7a3a4cf1cb.jpg

The Beast was, well the Beast. It was fun to say I've ridden the world's longest wooden coaster, but I thought it was kinda rough and not all that interesting of a ride. We were in line for a night ride when they announced that the ride would have to close for the 50th Anniversary drone show (Side note: The show was great! More regional parks need something like that!), so we choose to watch the drone show and go back to the hotel after a long day of fun instead. Something for next time I guess!IMG_20220715_111549.thumb.jpg.285efb51f829b525db2174fe122591a2.jpg

Speaking of things for next time, I missed the Backlot Stunt Coaster, Woodstock Express, and Invertigo credits so as soon as KI replaces Vortex I got a good reason to go back!

Banshee and Diamondback are really a nice pair for this park. I wasn't a huge fan of banshee, not liking the vest restraints all that much, and finding the layout after the first drop and loop being a little "meh" but enjoyed it nonetheless. Favorite for invert for sure...though with my invert count (Banshee, Aftershock, and Patriot) that's not saying much...😂

IMG_20220715_124208.thumb.jpg.82793a8c60f3ef2c55ad3aa5d2921ccc.jpg

IMG_20220715_103334.thumb.jpg.2060b0ad0663e951ea659f41644704f0.jpg

Diamondback was fun though! A nice solid B&M hyper, love the splashdown!

We eat at the Coney BBQ which we all agreed was just ok. We had had awesome BBQ in Kansas City a few days earlier though, so that probably didn't help KI's cause.

Wrapping things up as far as coasters go:

- The Bat: Fun and interesting but short. Loved the not quite removed Top Gun/Flight Deck theming and the view of Son of Beast's station. I wish someone would make a modern version of this swinging suspended coaster model.

- Racer: Only road the blue side (I think, can't remember now). Weak first half and just a rough return. I think the red side opened later but I wasn't too inclined to try again...

- Adventure Express: Easily my favorite mine train so far! Pretty smooth, funny theming, I hope they don't ruin it too much with the renovations this year.

- KI&MV RR: Nice little train ride! Like how it serves as a transport option to the waterpark.

Overall, I really enjoyed KI and like I said I do have reasons to go back. That being said, I don't think I'll race back unless I pair it with Cedar Point, or they have something cool for the Vortex plot. Just don't have a burning desire to return...not yet at least!

Whew, one down, two to go! See you all next time!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

hearing reporting (in a Coasterstock group I'm a member of) that Don Helbig is no longer part of the Kings Island family.

Not sure if it was his decision or not his choice, but he will absolutely be missed at the park.

as a fellow Carousel lover, we bonded over the anniversary of the Kings Island Carousel a few years back - and at multiple CoasterStocks.

the man put so much effort, energy, and promotion into CoasterStock, and the park in general. . I really think his loss will be felt.

but I wish him nothing but success in his future endeavors, and thank him for his input into making my past few visits to Kings Island so fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, tndank said:

New boomerang coaster for next year.  https://www.visitkingsisland.com/new-in-2024/snoopys-soap-box-racers

Is this really half the length of Good Gravy or did HW just double the length for out and back?

HW was just extending it to try and fill in the space left by Pilgrims Plunge, pretty nice way of filling it in and utilizing the space.

Kings Island has announced Camp Snoopy, an expansion to Planet Snoopy, for 2024! This includes a brand-new Vekoma family boomerang!

image.thumb.png.a5e152446c4c17f2d172ece16b61048d.png

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/new-in-2024

New in 2024

Attention Campers! Join Snoopy and the Beagle Scouts next year at Kings Island’s new Camp Snoopy. Opening in 2024, the expansion of the park’s award-winning Planet Snoopy kids’ area will feature Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers, a brand-new family roller coaster that races both forward and backward; and Beagle Scout Acres, an area where kids can run, crawl, play or relax with the family in a shaded comfortable space.

Snoopy's Soap Box Racers

Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers takes the classic fun of a soap box racing derby to a whole new level as both parents and kids climb aboard their favorite Peanuts-decorated soap box coaster car and are hoisted up a 70-foot hill to the starting line. As Snoopy waves the checkered flag, riders will be released and launched forward onto a track full of exhilarating twists and turns, passing the camp lookout station, racing toward the finish line up ahead. And, just as they think they are about to cross it, the entire train of soap box cars will roll backward, traversing the same course, now in reverse!

Beagle Scout Acres

Beagle Scout Acres is an area where kids can run, crawl, play or relax with the family in a shaded comfortable space. Explore a campsite filled with turfed mounds and grassy areas, interactive equipment to makes noise, tents to climb through or over and footprint paths made by Woodstock and his friends.

New Ways To Play

Experience new ways for kids and families to play at Kings Island with Camp Snoopy. It’s guaranteed to feel like a day at camp where you can play your way by exploring and relaxing in the great outdoors with Snoopy and the Beagle Scouts. Members of the Peanuts gang will lead you in Camptivities where you can raise the flag up the flagpole, light a campfire or make the camp bugle sound! Then, when you need a break, sit with the whole family and enjoy a snack.

• Like 2

What a great addition, I definitely didn't see this one coming. The more modern Vekomas we can get in the US the better! Even if they're family boomerangs!

Lots of Cedar Fair parks have quite outdated children/family coasters in their Snoopy areas. I would love this to become a trend in the chain.

We took the kid to Great America last weekend. Paint chipping, overgrown weeds, and closed attractions were the norm throughout the kids areas. KI, and CF in general, continue to shit all over Six Flags to the point where it's worth spending an extra hour or so in the car to go to KI, instead of SFGam. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, coasternut said:

^ You need fast lane...

Yeah I do. That's in the plan for tomorrow. I didn't have a CF pass this year and the all-season, all-park add on for 2024 passes doesn't kick in until next year. I totally forgot how the other half lives hahaha. 

1 hour ago, AmyUD06 said:

Yeah I do. That's in the plan for tomorrow. I didn't have a CF pass this year and the all-season, all-park add on for 2024 passes doesn't kick in until next year. I totally forgot how the other half lives hahaha. 

I have a Valleyfair 2024 gold pass with the all season, all park Fast Lane and was able to use it at Carowinds over Labor Day weekend. Do some parks make you wait until 2024 to get the Fast Lane?