TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Sooner they can get vertical construction done, the sooner they can get the electrical and mechanical system ready to go for the many, many hours of testing. But yes, since the park opens in April, it'd be rather poor time management to not do anything until March. Mind you they have 3 months before opening, which thinking about that really shows how soon the 2014 season will be upon us!

You know it just occurred to me that the inline twist/helix combo reminds me a lot of Volcano at KD. I imagine it might feel similar to that. Although I've never been to KD so I couldn't truly compare the two, but at least visually it looks similar.

There is so much testing that needs to get done... plus the crew needs to go back and make sure everything is tight and ready for trains to roll past!

They still have to install the trims before and after the pretzel loop..they wouldn't forget those, would they?

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see one after. Don Helbig has stated many times though the ride will reach its top speed at the bottom on the pretzel loop/batwing/whatever we are calling that element so I doubt we will see one before unless something comes up during testing.

RCDB has that final inversion listed as a heartline roll although I feel it seems more like an inline twist. To me, the track seems to stay stationary and twist rather than wraping around the path of the train. Any thoughts on this?

^ who cares

is that necessary? there are so many goofy/obsessive/arbitrary crap posted everywhere (not necessarily this forum but every forum on the internet) and youre going to ask "who cares?" on this forum where there have been worse questions/speculations. you know there are plenty of discussion about the most mundane things.. come on man..

I have so say, credit to the workers. They have done a magnificent job getting this up so quickly. In the cold and snow, it mustn't be easy. They all deserve great praise, especially based on how cold this winter has been!

EDIT: I also should add, that the guys over at Six Flags seem to be doing a bold effort constructing Goliath in the cold and snow

^ who cares

Some people actually like to have civilized discussions about the hobby they love. Sorry you disagree.

It's an element, period. It's a pointless conversation, since there is no universally defined definition or standard for each element. What this particular element is referred to won't have any affect on the sensation it brings.