TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Finally! After all of the laughing and clowning that Six Flags would never invest in this park, and making this conversion, they proved everyone wrong. Looking forward to seeing if anyone is all torn up over this. This is great. We've been talking about this happening for years. Well, it happened.

Are the new trains going to be six or seven cars?

6. See pic.

I think it's still an open question. Yeah the little diagram there shows 6, and that may be accurate. But the animation shows 8, and the picture shows 7. Most floorless trains have 7 or 8. Apocalypse currently has 7, and I think there's only one B&M floorless in the world with 6 car trains. Patriot, which is comparable, got 7 car trains.

I think 6 car trains would be better because they should help keep a good pace during the second half of the ride.

Having skipped out on Apocalypse last year when the kiddo and I visited, I was going to try to make it down to SFA tomorrow while in transit to Williamsburg, but y'know what... I don't really need to ride a standup THAT badly before it closes, especially not if they're going to be converting it to a floorless next year. I'll save myself the leg and crotch pain (gods know I've got enough of that already!). Looking forward to giving it a spin with the new trains and new name!

The only way I can judge this is by riding. Maybe it will be relaxing enough to enjoy a mild layout, or maybe they're exchanging one set of OTSR torture for another. I didn't find that the ride was too rough, so I never could figure out why I'd get a mild headache from the bottom of the drop to the brake run almost every time. I love a good standup, however riding it just made me miss having access to a good one all the more, because it wasn't.

I wonder if they will actually have a pool like in the video, or is that just from somewhere else? While the Apocalypse theming was impressive, it seemed the last thing SFA needed, which is anything more attractive.

I was expecting this but still left disappointed lol. I just feel like this park deserves much more and even the GP will know that this ride is not new. Hopefully the experience is better but I don’t see them doing much to change the theming.

This thread can be one of the worse at times, it's always the same thing over and over again.

Hopefully someday they will get a new coaster but they do have Superman, so that's a plus any park would want in my opinion. Also, at least the coaster count isn't going down by 1.

Of course there is stuff to be happy about. However, superman is over 18 years old. Even the general public know the coaster here get boring quickly, but we continue to come back because it’s local and cheap. The park has been overdue for a new coaster, so it’s kinda hard to be happy every year.

This thread can be one of the worse at times, it's always the same thing over and over again.

Hopefully someday they will get a new coaster but they do have Superman, so that's a plus any park would want in my opinion. Also, at least the coaster count isn't going down by 1.

Looks pretty good Glad we aren’t losing our B&M, and this is certainly an upgrade from Wahoo River! I wonder how they’re going to “theme” it. Apocalypse’s theming was actually pretty decent, though I wouldn’t put it past six flags to just spray-paint Apacolypse’s former theming red and call it a day