TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I know someone who works at Sally Corp and he wouldn't tell me details, but did tell me they are developing interactive animatronics based on a popular video game franchise for a major theme park.

Fortnite retheme is gaining credibility...

I know someone who works at Sally Corp and he wouldn't tell me details, but did tell me they are developing interactive animatronics based on a popular video game franchise for a major theme park.

Back at IAAPA 2016, Sally did reveal a FNAF dark ride concept, which is a popular video game franchise, albeit not as much as before, but still popular.

Here's a video talking about the concept

Back at IAAPA 2016, Sally did reveal a FNAF dark ride concept, which is a popular video game franchise, albeit not as much as before, but still popular.

That very well could be it, but this is already announced. I feel that he wouldn't have been so secretive about something that is already public knowledge.

fiesta texas ?

The guy who made the leak posted on the subreddit again (although he has since deleted the post), and he declared that he made the leak up and that it’s all fake, and he just wanted to see if people would believe something a random person posted. So the Fortnite thing is most likely not happening. I guess his prediction of the Giant Discovery at Great Adventuee was just lucky, as it was very predictable.

Still can’t belive people took it as fact so easily.

where is it ? the post is still there

Yeah, he made 2 throwaways since he lost his account password to the first one. He deleted his entire second account, which can be seen by going into his original post and looking at the comments. I should have screenshottes his new post, I had no idea he would delete it so quickly. That’s why the original post is still there, he can’t delete it because he lost the password.

Fortnite at Six Flags America makes a lot of sense. They have a long history of tie-ins with video games (Wii Play Center, Resident Evil Night @ Fright Fest, Street Fighter Challenge, etc). Last summer they did have a WWE 2k18 booth up with options to purchase/play.

A temporary "Fortnite Summer" retheme of park attractions would be great way to drum up attendence. Transform the wave pool in to Loot Lake? Have a Fortnite dance off with Bugs Bunny flossing and Batman doing Best Mates? The possibilities are endless.

Who knows. I think if SFGA doesn't get a coaster, then SFA likely will. I took my final stand today, and I just don't see this coaster being good even as a floorless. But if they get rid of it, there are certainly things that Six Flags could do that I would like less than a conversion. I'm prepared for disappointment lol

Took some photos I like though...

20180829_180136.thumb.jpg.ca910bbd3776caa9d64c30e2c1fb8a76.jpg

20180829_180404.thumb.jpg.cf2b5d26f171fc210d5a6d0065ea7fc7.jpg

20180829_181358.thumb.jpg.a90d263df38404a51e25eae97486eb3d.jpg

If this is a floorless conversion that that will make 3 of the last 4 years where the new attraction was what I would like to call a "slight improvement of an existing attraction." Anything is better than nothing though.

Though, I'm already prepared to be disappointed, with a side of butthurt to go with it, especially after what happened last year.

As long as it involves Fortnite in some capacity, it can't be more disappointing than teasing a big new ride and actually just giving us a longer lazy river with 3 water features.

Though, I'm already prepared to be disappointed, with a side of butthurt to go with it, especially after what happened last year.

As long as it involves Fortnite in some capacity, it can't be more disappointing than teasing a big new ride and actually just giving us a longer lazy river with 3 water features.

Yeah those announcements sure are fun it's like "AMAZING NEW RIDE FOR EVERY SIX FLAGS (not SFA)." Granted those of us with SFA as the closest Six Flags to us can just go to another park in the area.

Who knows. I think if SFGA doesn't get a coaster, then SFA likely will. I took my final stand today, and I just don't see this coaster being good even as a floorless. But if they get rid of it, there are certainly things that Six Flags could do that I would like less than a conversion. I'm prepared for disappointment lol

Took some photos I like though...

[attachment=0]20180829_180136.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]20180829_180404.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]20180829_181358.jpg[/attachment]

Great pictures! I really like the first one

Maryland’s First Floorless Roller Coaster to Debut at Six Flags America in 2019

Epic Thrill Ride, FIREBIRD, Takes Flight

UPPER MARLBORO, MD — August 30, 2018 — Six Flags America, DC’s Thrill Capital, today announced FIREBIRD, the only floorless roller coaster in Maryland, will open in spring 2019. This all-new coaster experience will take thrill-seekers through incredible twists, drops and inversions, all while seated in state-of-the-art floorless trains.

“Six Flags is always taking thrilling innovation to the next level,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “FIREBIRD is a game-changer; offering guests an unparalleled, new riding experience. The floorless trains will give riders the sensation of being airborne as they soar along a half-mile of track with nothing beneath their feet but the wind.”

FIREBIRD’s exhilarating flight path takes off with a heart pumping, nine-story drop, and features two thrilling inversions and a smoother, faster riding experience.

FIREBIRD highlights:

· Two state-of-the-art sit-down floorless trains, precision designed and built by Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard ;

· Multiple high-banked curves with high-speed carousel and corkscrew rolls; and

· A twisted airtime hill plus an adrenaline pumping figure-eight finale.

Guests will be able to bid farewell to Apocalypse on September 8 with special ride times offered to Members and members of American Coaster Enthusiasts. FIREBIRD is scheduled to open spring 2019.

For more information on FIREBIRD and next season at Six Flags America, visit https://sixflags.com/America/newfor2019.

366607989_SFAM23754FireBirdKA_RedBkgrnd_LARGE.thumb.jpg.e658f5b73a0ac24e7e6b875c53f2046b.jpg

257959463_FIREBIRD_trainmontage-large.thumb.jpg.a8d75cce35ae91df1833a9f7d716b7c4.jpg

I'm excited about this! Never made it out to SFA yet, but rode Apocalypse when it was Iron Wolf, and as with most Standups, "meh"... So any Floorless conversion is a good Floorless conversion to me! (Though, I'd like to check out Georgia Scorcher while it's still a stand-up, since it's regarded as one of the better ones - I'm glad it didn't get the conversion treatment this year!)