TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

^^-- I just found out about the BAFF on Sunday myself, I'm wondering how many times I've been during them in the past. Does anyone know if they were doing this 2 years ago for FF? I know 2 and 3 years ago I went on the KD closed weekend, pre-FF Sundays and the 2nd of those was shocking and a waste of time, but the FF trip after was OK.

Re: Friday vs. Sat., if you spend a lot more time Saturday is more rides, but during only the same time slot probably not even close.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was down in MD visiting friends this weekend and after making a quick stop at American Dream on Friday on the ride down (threw a couple pictures on FB), I started the ride back with a stop at American

Wow. It is hilarious that Six Flags America is opening a whole month early, and BGW is now year-round, and Kings Dominion isn't opening until MAY? I think I'll join Coasterbill in laughing at Ced

Well I was there this past Sunday; temperatures were about 45 degrees which kept the crowds minimal. Everything (except for Ragin Cajun) was one train operations. Early in the season, I was surpr

Posted Images

Might as well do all the rides. Be sure to get your Superman and Roar night rides in. You'll get plenty of rerides if you come in the PM. There are enough shows going on, eating, and those rerides to keep you busy until the night stuff starts.

DC? Broad question my friend. What do you like to do? Smithsonians and other sites are a must. There are other things too, but have to focus.

I think that we are looking for free and low-cost attractions. Personally, I want to visit something more off the beaten path than the National Mall and museums, although we will be going to those.

Hi y'all,

We are visiting Six Flags America this Sunday the 23rd. We will be there in the afternoon to evening hours, as we are making a brief visit there before our stay in Washington, DC. I would like to know what you guys think are the best rides to hit, and in what order/way to visit them. Also, is the Flash Pass worth it/effective? Additionally, if you have any recommendations for attractions in DC, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, forget that flash pass, especially on Sunday. Fair warning. Bring a friend free day is that day. You've been warned.

Dang, is it even worth going to the park then?

Just get a flash pass. Its actually pretty cheap at this park. Also, a few times they have had it on "sale" and at times there are coupons if you have a gold season pass or higher.

As far as things to do in DC. Its mostly the museums and trying new restaurants. I do not think there really is no "off the beaten path" in this city.

I'm telling you...lol...I don't think he needs a fast pass. Sunday will be a beast, but if they get there early, all will be well.

I agree with the off the beaten path in DC. There are quite a few hard to see restaurants that are great though.

I'm telling you...lol...I don't think he needs a fast pass. Sunday will be a beast, but if they get there early, all will be well.

I agree with the off the beaten path in DC. There are quite a few hard to see restaurants that are great though.

I'm spoiled and hate lines. I always get a line skipper when I go to parks if its available and its a park i do not normally go to. Means the most rides possible on coasters

But you are right about this particular park.

I've been to this park on memorial day and extremely crowded bring a friend free days that forced us to park deep into the third lot, yet I've rarely had to wait more than 20-ish min for anything even at peak lines (expect 1-train Batwing and full queue Ragin Cajun - those were ~45min waits)

However I have not been during peak fright fest days where the water park wasn't open, which could be bad for crowds, since in previous visits Hurricane Harbor soaked up most of the crowds.

Just get a flash pass.

I have KD and BGW season's passes, forget that. Of course I went to BG last Sunday and KD is only a regular 8 pm close this Sunday, so I was thinking this would be the best time for SFA -- I can't really go any days but Sunday. The Gold flashpass is $50 (the haunted houses already cost $20); one could bring a friend on a normal day for a $42 ticket. It seems odd to complain about a freebie, but this really seems to favor locals, who can almost surely find someone to bring. And you guys make it sound like no freebie at all, because it's not a good time to be there.

However, the weather forecast for Sunday is cold and rainy, maybe instead of mobbed, the added crowds will keep them from closing early?

With firehawk getting removed from KI, could batwing be next in the future? The maintenance guys did say it was a “maintenance nightmare”, and that’s probaly why it’s closed for the rest of the season.

With Fire Hawk getting removed from KI, could Batwing be next in the future? The maintenance guys did say it was a “maintenance nightmare”, and that’s probably why it’s closed for the rest of the season.

I'm guessing that they have trouble getting replacement parts from Vekoma? I mean, the Flying Dutchman's aren't bad rides, just lying on my back and staring into the sun isn't a great start to a ride.

And if Batwing does get chopped up, does a Raptor or T Rex go in it's place?

Packed in here

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm guessing that they have trouble getting replacement parts from Vekoma?

Why would you guess that? Vekoma is still in business and the model is still available for purchase.

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/experience-thrill-coasters/flying-dutchman

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

dead-laughing-o.gif.fff99f92adf4177c9ebb21c8b4552f83.gif

Haven't ran the train for Fright Fest in years.

In fact, the train hasn't really run much this year at all.

As for the Haunted Attractions, I really prefer the older route they did for Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor (where it would enter/exit by the Batman Arena; and give a better view of the ruins of the house)

A park halfway across the country owned by a completely different company removes a coaster so this means you guys are getting a RMCraptor?

Welcome to the logic of a SFA Fanboy.

Packed in here

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

reachin.gif.bed2147ec3e6c75697d92d3b6c425c67.gif

Haven't ran the train for Fright Fest in years.

In fact, the train hasn't really run much this year at all.

As for the Haunted Attractions, I really prefer the older route they did for Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor (where it would enter/exit by the Batman Arena; and give a better view of the ruins of the house)

That train has run everytime that I've been there, at least.

Packed in here

I took these that day, but didn't post. My bad, I guess..lol. Yes, I took that photo of Pirate's Flight. Never have I seen it with a wait.... in the last 6 years.

I'll give you busy... or crowded even... but packed?

[attachment=0]reachin.gif[/attachment]

I consider packed having to turn sideways to continually get around folks. I do see your point though. It's just the way that I talk. It was very crowded. Guarantee the same will be for this weekend. It's going to be very nice out.