TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

The local news has been covering this nonstop for quite some time now and acting like it's a high rise fire. "The children will be first to be rescued" ... "Their parents must be scared to death"... and my favorite was them bringing in a weatherman and saying that with the sun going down it's going to get cold and none of them are wearing jackets

I turned off the news 10 minutes after it broke. They always make it a big deal.

These LIMs always get stuck. The same thing happened to the former Chiller at Great Adventure back in 2004. The situation was worse there. I think Six Flags will remove Jokers Jinx in the near future.

Does Poltergeist ever have issues?? I know both of the Mr.Freezes had issues in the beginning, but aren't LIMs pretty reliable in general??

It depends on the coaster. Batman and Robin: The Chiller had the worst. The ride barely opened. With bad operations at Six Flags America, Joker Jinx could face the wrecking ball if these problems continue.

The local news has been covering this nonstop for quite some time now and acting like it's a high rise fire. "The children will be first to be rescued" ... "Their parents must be scared to death"... and my favorite was them bringing in a weatherman and saying that with the sun going down it's going to get cold and none of them are wearing jackets

Wow... Yeah, this is what you call a slow news day. . .

These LIMs always get stuck. The same thing happened to the former Chiller at Great Adventure back in 2004. The situation was worse there. I think Six Flags will remove Jokers Jinx in the near future.

Does Poltergeist ever have issues?? I know both of the Mr.Freezes had issues in the beginning, but aren't LIMs pretty reliable in general??

It depends on the coaster. Batman and Robin: The Chiller had the worst. The ride barely opened. With bad operations at Six Flags America, Joker Jinx could face the wrecking ball if these problems continue.

Well I did read that (for the time being) JJ will be closed for safety inspection. But yeah, if something like this happens again, it could be . . . hasta la vista Joker's Jinx.

And yeah, operations can be bad (waits for food, rides taking too long to dispatch)

Well I did read that (for the time being) JJ will be closed for safety inspection. But yeah, if something like this happens again, it could be . . . hasta la vista Joker's Jinx.

And yeah, operations can be bad (waits for food, rides taking too long to dispatch)

Not this year. Dispatches have been very fast. Less than 1 minute. Food waits are horrible. Worst I've seen.

I always noticed that the hill following the immelmann (where the train saddled again) was the tallest point on the ride. Maybe Premier should have made the first part of the cobra roll the tallest hill instead? So the train would just roll back into the launch if it didn't launch fast enough rather than saddle 80 feet in the air? lol

Best part of the story is the catastrophizing coverage. Thank God for those brave first responders who were live and on the scene, heroically standing around and just looking at the ride, while stranded victims continued to fight valiantly against their own boredom.

Never heard any issues of poltergeist at fiesta texas it always seemed very good since it was built!

I always noticed that the hill following the immelmann (where the train saddled again) was the tallest point on the ride. Maybe Premier should have made the first part of the cobra roll the tallest hill instead? So the train would just roll back into the launch if it didn't launch fast enough rather than saddle 80 feet in the air? lol

Yeah that seems really odd that the tallest point isn't immediately following the launch.

Late night news reports stated riders stuck on JJ were given a refund of their ticket (not sure what season pass holders got), a meal and an American flag blanket to make up for their 4+ hour ordeal. They interviewed some teenagers who were happy to be off the coaster but planned on riding it again.

If they get they get rid of Jokers Jinx they better have a damn good replacement. The only thing out right now that could fill the gap if they got rid of it would be a Eurofighter or Wing Coaster.

Edited by djackson

Joker's Jinx always felt like the "slowest" of all the spaghetti bowl coasters. I wonder if maybe it's launch is slightly slower than the others?
after watching off/on ride videos of poltergeist, joker is significantly slower for some reason. I don't know if the park purposely doesn't use its full power but that's sad.

Joker's Jinx always felt like the "slowest" of all the spaghetti bowl coasters. I wonder if maybe it's launch is slightly slower than the others?
after watching off/on ride videos of poltergeist, joker is significantly slower for some reason. I don't know if the park purposely doesn't use its full power but that's sad.

They don't use full power. After the ride stalled in 2014 they ran it a little faster for a while, but they apparently gave up on that.

If this keeps happening and they do remove Joker's Jinx, where would they send it? It seems Six Flags sends all their used coasters to Six Flags America.

They'll probably sell it to some park in Brazil. That's where Chiller is located.

If they get they get rid of Jokers Jinx they better have a damn good replacement. The only thing out right now that could fill the gap if they got rid of it would be a Eurofighter or Wing Coaster.

Lest we forget- this is Dorne...err...SFA we're talking about here. I doubt Six Flags is ready to relocate Dare Devil Dive or X-Flight already.

Even though I doubt Joker's Jinx will be removed in the near future, and I'm still very skeptical about V2 being removed and sent here, an Impulse coaster would be a fitting replacement for a Spaghetti Bowl launch coaster. And in my opinion, it would be an upgrade! Just day dreaming, though.

Wtf. No it would not be a fitting replacement for a full circuit inverting coaster. Full Circuit>Shuttle. Never will an intamin impulse be better than a premier spaghetti bowl.

Even though I doubt Joker's Jinx will be removed in the near future, and I'm still very skeptical about V2 being removed and sent here, an Impulse coaster would be a fitting replacement for a Spaghetti Bowl launch coaster. And in my opinion, it would be an upgrade! Just day dreaming, though.

Eh. I don't really think so. I like full circuit coasters more and I think most people would agree. Plus an impulse only takes up a fraction of the land that a spaghetti bowl takes up. I just wish they would figure out how to stop this from happening again. I LOVE these spaghetti bowl coasters. They are so much FUN!