TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Maverick, Diamondback, the new KD coaster, and this one!!! CF loves red tracks

You left out Firehawk, Silver Bullet, Patriot, Most of Dragster, one of Xcelerator's trains (was retrofitted with a red coat of paint shortly after opening). Is Dunn-Edwards giving them some kinda discount on red paint or something?

Yeah I guess so, I was just naming ones from 2007 and on, though Firehawk came in 2007, but its not a brand new ride, so I didn't count it.

^^While they do look similar, there is one piece that's a clear indication of this being sit down track. One of the pieces includes the end of the brake run and the part where it levels off since the brake run is on a slope. The piece looks something like this: _/ if that piece were to be inverted, it'd be an upward sloped final brake run.

While it's gonna be nice for KD and Carowinds to both be getting hypers/gigas, it doesn't really make sense to me. Both red, but essentially the same "type" of ride. Both from the same company, on the same cost, and not TERRIBLY far from each other.

Once again, not complaining at all, but you'd think they'd debut these two rides in separate years, no?

While it's gonna be nice for KD and Carowinds to both be getting hypers/gigas, it doesn't really make sense to me. Both red, but essentially the same "type" of ride. Both from the same company, on the same cost, and not TERRIBLY far from each other.

Once again, not complaining at all, but you'd think they'd debut these two rides in separate years, no?

Yeah, but you have to put into perspective that most of the general public that go to these parks probably ONLY go to that park and have never even heard of the other park.

It looks like a piece for the brake run or MCBR. Most B&M Hypers use magnetic braking...it's nothing new.

Picture of Diamondback's track:

Silver Star's track:

Goliath's (SFOG) track:

Goliath's (La Ronde) track:

Not sure about Apollo or Raging Bull, but I know Nitro uses magnetic braking, and that was built in 2001.

Not sure about Apollo or Raging Bull, but I know Nitro uses magnetic braking, and that was built in 2001.

Apollo's Chariot does not use magnetic braking, too old

Despite what those negative people that say it's going to be "just" a B&M Hyper.. I'm very excited for this, since I can't ride Diamondback because it's just a little far away, Carowinds is closer and I may actually have a chance to ride this behemoth (no pun intended)

ok..um i have been banned from carowinds connection until october 30/2009

Yeah... That's probably not the best thing to add in your first post here... Just sayin'.

The plot with this ride - and the ones at KD and CP - sure are getting trickier and trickier. But just a few more weeks and we'll know pretty much everything we need to know.