TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

You think the red track is for VF, or you think they're on the waiting list?

I vaguely remember the red mystery track being pinned as Dive Machine track, which doesn't seem like a Cedar Fair order...especially since they have intentions of selling Valleyfair anyway.

VF might be on the list for a hyper.. but who knows?

^ The DM track was for the under construction Happy Valley in China. On top of that Valleyfair already HAS a hypercoaster and doesn't really need another one.

Happy Valley's dive machine was already well under construction when the mystery red track appeared at the plant in Ohio.

You think the red track is for VF, or you think they're on the waiting list?

I vaguely remember the red mystery track being pinned as Dive Machine track, which doesn't seem like a Cedar Fair order...especially since they have intentions of selling Valleyfair anyway.

VF might be on the list for a hyper.. but who knows?

Too many people are getting the two red tracks confused. There was a red track in the same place last year, that went to China, has been constructed as a DM, and is opening later this month.

NOW, there is ANOTHER red track that is also B&M, sitting in the steel plant's parking lot right now. This track is not DM track because the ties are not straight across like on the other B&M Dive Machines.

I'm 99.999% positive the current red track will be the rumored hyper at Carowinds...

NOW, there is ANOTHER red track that is also B&M, sitting in the steel plant's parking lot right now. This track is not DM track because the ties are not straight across like on the other B&M Dive Machines.

Thanks for the clarification, sir. I should have been following this more closely.

Here's $0.02: The rumored Carowinds hyper is said to be bringing the name "White Lightning" back to the park. If this is true, would red really be the color associated with lightning? Methinks the yellow track would be more appropriate. Whatever, just some thoughtless speculation.

Here's $0.02: The rumored Carowinds hyper is said to be bringing the name "White Lightning" back to the park. If this is true, would red really be the color associated with lightning? Methinks the yellow track would be more appropriate. Whatever, just some thoughtless speculation.

Maybe the supports will be white? Silver Bullet's track is red, orange, and yellow but the supports are silver (well, except the lift).

Thanks for the clarification, sir. I should have been following this more closely.

This is just hopeful speculation shot out of someone's butt. I heard there is no truth to it at all.

^There is no proof, you're right, but all the evidence at the park just SCREAMS B&M hyper.

Hyper possibly but B&M= not 100% confirmed.

Remember that SFI has big plans for 2010 & 2011 & those plans could very well include adding a B&M hyper to a park such as SFSTL.

^There is no proof, you're right, but all the evidence at the park just SCREAMS B&M hyper.

Hyper possibly but B&M= not 100% confirmed.

Remember that SFI has big plans for 2010 & 2011 & those plans could very well include adding a B&M hyper to a park such as SFSTL.

I'm pretty sure they just filed for Chapter 7. They also said this will be a restructuring period for them, and that DEFINITELY means adding giant B&M hypers at a cost upwards of $20 million to their parks.

Well, this is giving me a reason to return to Carowinds sometime. Though, with so many places to travel in the world, who knows when I'll get back there. Mostly a matter of time and money. Soon enough.

If this is a B&M hyper, then the park is getting the one kind of coaster they so desperately needed. I liked the place, but it just lacked the big rides I am used to. Yeah, I know ... spoiled here in SoCal.

I'm pretty sure they just filed for Chapter 7. They also said this will be a restructuring period for them, and that DEFINITELY means adding giant B&M hypers at a cost upwards of $20 million to their parks.

Chapter 7 means the business is completely bankrupt and closes immediately.

Chapter 11 means that a business can continue to operate and a court is appointed to resolve their debt... usually for 1/3 the cost

Six Flags and GM both filed for Chapter 11 (Bankruptcy Protection)

Shapiro has already said that will not be building anymore $20+ Million Rides

Has anyone begun to think that maybe CF is to install two Intamin Rides? This Carowinds project is looking more and more Intamin from the footer markings. I'm being told that we could be looking at an Intamin Mega/Giga Launch Coaster. I actually can confirm that our site map is larger in scale than KD. What if those parts that were onsite at KD to show Intamin Giga were left there as a decoy and there true home is carowinds. Yes KD is getting a coaster but just maybe because of the proximity of the two parks CF is going to pull a switch a rue on us all. The looks of the track at KD is more of a dive machine and can a Giga really fit in the clearing?

Before you think I'm crazy please look at the clearings. Carowinds has cleared a much larger area than KD. Now markings can now be found today way past the south gate.

I just have this feeling on this......

Has anyone begun to think that maybe CF is to install two Intamin Rides? This Carowinds project is looking more and more Intamin from the footer markings. I'm being told that we could be looking at an Intamin Mega/Giga Launch Coaster. I actually can confirm that our site map is larger in scale than KD. What if those parts that were onsite at KD to show Intamin Giga were left there as a decoy and there true home is carowinds. Yes KD is getting a coaster but just maybe because of the proximity of the two parks CF is going to pull a switch a rue on us all. The looks of the track at KD is more of a dive machine and can a Giga really fit in the clearing?

Before you think I'm crazy please look at the clearings. Carowinds has cleared a much larger area than KD. Now markings can now be found today way past the south gate.

Call me crazy, but I doubt CF is going to stage a decoy at another park 300 miles to the north to confuse the media and a few coaster geeks.

KD is getting an Intamin Giga. We'll have to wait for track to see what Carowinds is getting for sure. Til then, it's pure speculation. One thing is for sure though. Whatever KD and Carowinds are building, I'll be riding next season.

Chapter 7 means the business is completely bankrupt and closes immediately.

Chapter 11 means that a business can continue to operate and a court is appointed to resolve their debt... usually for 1/3 the cost

Six Flags and GM both filed for Chapter 11 (Bankruptcy Protection)

Shapiro has already said that will not be building anymore $20+ Million Rides

Yup, Sorry guys, that's what I meant. I had them backwards. Whichever one means NOT closing, that's what I meant. Thanks for correcting.

Call me crazy, but I doubt CF is going to stage a decoy at another park 300 miles to the north to confuse the media and a few coaster geeks.

KD is getting an Intamin Giga. We'll have to wait for track to see what Carowinds is getting for sure. Til then, it's pure speculation. One thing is for sure though. Whatever KD and Carowinds are building, I'll be riding next season.

I, too, have heard this rumor. Keyword = Rumor.

^ You can't be sure on anything yet. Don't say you know KD is getting a giga unless you are Dick Kinzel or the GM at KD. Yes, things have showed up at the park labeled 'giga', but I think it's a little suspicious just to leave it out there like that. CF is usually good at hiding things... until now. I wouldn't say ANYTHING is confirmed until we hear an official announcement. And no, I'm not one of those 'fanboys' trying to say that the biggest, baddest coaster is coming to Carowinds, even though I live 10 minutes from the park. I can't see us getting the giga.

^ You can't be sure on anything yet. Don't say you know KD is getting a giga unless you are Dick Kinzel or the GM at KD. Yes, things have showed up at the park labeled 'giga', but I think it's a little suspicious just to leave it out there like that.

I have said that all along. It makes no sense to leave a label viewable to the public for something that is supposed to be a secret.