TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best description of the Wildstorm is a mix of an Enterprise with Paratrooper cars...but it does more!

Each individual car has a holding brake, and the holding brake locks the cars into place while looping around the circumference like an Enterprise. Then the holding brake is released and the cars are allowed to freely swing and even rotate around their individual axis for even more 360 degree madness! I think several people on the Japan trip got their cars to do multiple inversions around the axis. Maybe Peter will post his vid of it.

^ Look no further, I had some pictures of it lying around on the net anyway.

The original ones made by Togo are way better then the newer version that are reproduced of an unknown company. They run more like a paratrooper then like the original insane ones. Anyone on the TPR Tokyo trip that were at Nasu Highland knows what I'm talking about.

There is a clip that feature the new model of the Wildstorm on the attraction page of Hiruzen Kogen Center.

http://www.hkcenter.co.jp/attraction/index.htm click on number 18 to download.

But yeah I would really like to see a video of the original thing.

Mmmmmm.

Wildstorm.

Rode it four times in a row on TPR 07 Japan Tour.

I too never got it to do a 360, not even once.

But it was nice all the same.

Mmmmmm.

Haha that thing is cool. It kind of reminds me of the Tivoli manufactured 'Force 10' in appearence. However the Force 10 is more like an insanely fast Enterprise that can spin the wheel horozontal while in the air, much like a Chance 'Chaos.' You can't spin the cars or anything though.

Here's a video I found of the Force 10.

My best description of the Wildstorm is a mix of an Enterprise with Paratrooper cars...but it does more!

I get sick on Paratroopers (or maybe that was from all that wine at Zaragoza) and Enterprises, so i think I'll be the bag lady for all you gents for this ride.

Is is just me or does the whole transverser shown on that stand up seem kind of pointless? Either way a train has to wait behind,or in this c ase beside the other train while it is loading so it would only seem to increase the load time especially if mechanical difficulties develop with the switch track.

We rode this coaster on the TPR Japan tour last year. Even though it is mentioned in the brochure that it is designed to speed up the operating process that DEFINATLY was not the case. But the transverser did provide two different riding experiences, one standing and one sitting.

The standing position was actually smoother than this sitting.

Togo actually used this system on one other ride at Washuzan Highland (not sure if any members have been there?) where it Looks like they built the King Cobra model with sit down trains then added the stand-up trains later

http://www.rcdb.com/id1432.htm

I was kind of hopeing the catalog would show something about Dangai, Togo's first ever stand-up coaster at Thrill Valley (Gotemba Family Land) as it looks the most unique of all of them

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2691.htm?picture=1

But none the less a superb update

I was kind of hopeing the catalog would show something about Dangai, Togo's first ever stand-up coaster at Thrill Valley (Gotemba Family Land) as it looks the most unique of all of them

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2691.htm?picture=1

But none the less a superb update

I actually posted a video clip from a DVD I got of Japanese roller coasters on youtube, and one of the rides is Dangai (I also posted Mount Rocky Coaster, Giant Coaster, and will post Bobsled (which is from the defunct Yokohama Dreamland). The DVD also has UltraTwister from Tokyo Dome City, that looping mouse from Tobu Zoo, Bandit, Shuttle Loop (Yokohama Dreamland). I can post those some time. The DVD was made from a Japanese Newsreel from the 80s, so I believe the actual copyright might be expired, but if not....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVpwE8e5o4

Sorry, I used CamStudio to capture the video, but my laptop would occasionally freeze (it's not the ride randomly stopping), so bear with it

Stormrider-

Thanks for posting that video, it is awesome. Please. Please, Please post the video with the Shuttle Loop. Unfortunately that is one I will never get to ride. I guess it disappeared when the park closed? Anyone know what happened to it?

There were 4 shuttle loop coasters in Japan, two are still there and operating, I am not sure what happened to the other two.

I missed the Ultra Twister at Tokyo Dome but I was able to ride the Arrow Shuttle Loop Coaster before it and Linear Gale after it.

Bring on more video!

Is is just me or does the whole transverser shown on that stand up seem kind of pointless? Either way a train has to wait behind,or in this c ase beside the other train while it is loading so it would only seem to increase the load time especially if mechanical difficulties develop with the switch track.
We rode this coaster on the TPR Japan tour last year. Even though it is mentioned in the brochure that it is designed to speed up the operating process that DEFINATLY was not the case. But the transverser did provide two different riding experiences, one standing and one sitting.
They were running it faster when we were there this year. They actually reloaded the sit-down train while the stand-up side were going around the track, but they unloaded the sit-down side before they would reload the stand up side, so about 50% faster then last year, my guess is that the stand-up side loads slower so they won't have people wait so long sitting in the train. And they probably take it pretty easy when it's not that crowded.

^^ I love your old Japanese videos.

I have been a little intrigued about that Togo stand-up at Gotemba, thanks to finally shedding some light onto it.

^^ Here's Shuttle Loop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnNvNthvZg

I don't know why this video doesn't get to have "watch in high quality" but the others do. Also, do you know if there's a better way to capture DVD videos than CamStudio (I have Camtasia but never figured how to get that to work, and CamStudio works, but it seems to capture really low quality video)?

Also, I noticed that this DVD also has the Vekoma corkscrew from Tokyo Summerland, and the Loop Screw from Seibuen Yuenchi as well as the Standing and Sitdown loop coaster from Yomiuriland. There's also Moonsault Scramble, but the video of Moonsault scramble that's already readily available on Youtube is the same one as on this DVD.

I actually posted a video clip from a DVD I got of Japanese roller coasters on youtube, and one of the rides is Dangai (I also posted Mount Rocky Coaster, Giant Coaster, and will post Bobsled (which is from the defunct Yokohama Dreamland). The DVD also has UltraTwister from Tokyo Dome City, that looping mouse from Tobu Zoo, Bandit, Shuttle Loop (Yokohama Dreamland). I can post those some time. The DVD was made from a Japanese Newsreel from the 80s, so I believe the actual copyright might be expired, but if not....

I think i love you

THat video was awesome and sadly made my week

Thanks.

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES

Shane's Retro VCR's first mini-series

Tune in all week long to watch Shane's Retro VCR's presentation of Kennywood Memories, a 1988 PBS documentary that tells the story or this great Pittsburgh tradition.

Every day this week, from Sunday to Sunday, I will present a short segment. You wont want to miss a moment of this program that tells the story of the park so many locals love so dearly.

Now sit back and enjoy the program... "New for 1900 - an athletic field"

Kennywood Memories Part 1:

Kennywood Memories: Part 2

Kennywood Memories: Part 3

Kennywood Memories: Part 4

Kennywood Memories: Part 5

Kennywood Memories: Part 6

Kennywood Memories: Part 7

Oh No!!

Not another week long mini series!!!!

Shane man, you made up 1300 views on me just today alone!!!

How is a young, new, thread like mine going to compete when you keep pulling out these week long mini series????

Can you condense it into a day or two dude? LOL

Peace, Big Mike (Losing ground fast)